webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > CM9 on the Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide!
CM9 on the Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide!
Like Tree75Likes

Old 12/03/2012, 02:28 PM   #901 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
Finally I could fix the Google apps by downloading the following file ( Google apps fixer) https://www.box.com/s/a8985c28d6d80fb71bdb , then install downloaded file from colckworkmod as mentioned in the first post ( install zip from the SD card) then reboot , all apps works nicely including the play store great thanks to Rootzwiki web site
Thanks, this worked for me. I'm back up and running now.
tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 07:28 PM   #902 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
Finally I could fix the Google apps by downloading the following file ( Google apps fixer) https://www.box.com/s/a8985c28d6d80fb71bdb , then install downloaded file from colckworkmod as mentioned in the first post ( install zip from the SD card) then reboot , all apps works nicely including the play store great thanks to Rootzwiki web site
Another thanks for this. I lost wifi and the Play Store stopped working a few months ago. Wifey never noticed but when I did, all I could get was the wifi working again. Play Store would not fire up. Works like a charm now. Thank you!

Last edited by georgemoe; 12/04/2012 at 07:58 PM.
georgemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 10:30 AM   #903 (permalink)

Sorry for being such a noob! Several questions:

1) I finally feel comfortable installing CM9 Nightly updates. Will Preview 15 (for the camera) eventually be merged into CM9 or do I have to flash it separately?

2) I have heard some of the "Previews" are full files and some are upgrades (where you need to have installed a previous Preview in order for it to work). I have never installed a Preview, will Preview 15 be the full file?

3) If I am going to flash Preview 15 to my TP, what is the process? Do I follow the same instructions as I do for a CM9 Nightly? Do I need to clear the cache and Davik?

4) Can I use the GooManager app to download Preview 15? If so, where would I find it?
Old 12/23/2012, 12:01 AM   #904 (permalink)

Ok, I have a friend for whom I installed CM9 for on his Touchpad, think it was like Alpha 2. And he enjoys it and all, but he's been wanting something more updated and solid (in particular the wifi keeps crapping out on it randomly). So I guess I have two questions in particular regarding upgrading it to another build:

1. How will this affect saved files? In particular he plays a couple of games and he's made extensive in-game purchases with actual money (lame I know, but whatever his vice is). So will updating from Alpha 2 to whatever the newest build is wipe his data? Pretty sure he wouldn't like that. I mean, I know for my iPad/Phone, unless I'm missing something saved data doesn't like transfer from system to system and such, so while that isn't a direct example, bottom line is how will updating affect saved game data already on?

2. How stable are the nightly builds? I would prefer to get whatever one is the most stable and just sit on it pretty much, don't want to have to update regularly unless they add in a major feature like camera support finally.

3. Will I need a new Google Playstore file as well, or will the old one I have on it work still?

4. Finally, would I be better off looking into perhaps 4.1 or is 4.0 still better?

Thanks!

Last edited by xezat; 12/23/2012 at 03:59 PM.
xezat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 03:22 AM   #905 (permalink)

...anyone help with my question?
Old 01/05/2013, 07:22 AM   #906 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xezat View Post
...anyone help with my question?
Hi xezat!

I'm not an expert on this. Simply a user. But let me try to answer most of your worries:

- I would definitely install one of the latest nightlies. If you do not want to take the risk on being in the edge, be always a couple of versions behind. At this moment, it is safe to install the 2012-Dic -17 (no changes since then). It is much more stable and feature rich than the initial Alpha 2.

- There is no harm to files if you follow the instructions given at the beginning of this threat. In any case it is always advisable to have safety copies, just in case.

- Regarding gapps, my TP is still running with the initial Alpha 2 version with no problem. There are more updated versions for running with the nightlies, but for some reason I have not been able to make them work.

- I have not installed 4.1 and cannot tell you about that. I've heard however that. although performance is significantly improved, not everything is still working properly. I would therefore wait a little.

Hope this helps.
naiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2013, 11:22 PM   #907 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiki View Post
Hi xezat!

I'm not an expert on this. Simply a user. But let me try to answer most of your worries:

- I would definitely install one of the latest nightlies. If you do not want to take the risk on being in the edge, be always a couple of versions behind. At this moment, it is safe to install the 2012-Dic -17 (no changes since then). It is much more stable and feature rich than the initial Alpha 2.

- There is no harm to files if you follow the instructions given at the beginning of this threat. In any case it is always advisable to have safety copies, just in case.

- Regarding gapps, my TP is still running with the initial Alpha 2 version with no problem. There are more updated versions for running with the nightlies, but for some reason I have not been able to make them work.

- I have not installed 4.1 and cannot tell you about that. I've heard however that. although performance is significantly improved, not everything is still working properly. I would therefore wait a little.

Hope this helps.
Hi, and thanks for the reply! Regarding the safe copy, how do you make one for like progress within a game? Is that even possible?
Old 01/10/2013, 09:26 AM   #908 (permalink)

looking to install android on HP touchpad instruction for dummies required pls help
papj776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 09:45 AM   #909 (permalink)

Look on Google, there are lots of tutorials. Look for the ones that use "ACMEInstaller3", which are the most current ones.

You can use that as a keyword on your search.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 09:52 AM   #910 (permalink)

<threads merged>

Quote:
Originally Posted by papj776 View Post
looking to install android on HP touchpad instruction for dummies required pls help
Just read the thread that your post is now in for instructions.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 02:45 PM   #911 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xezat View Post
he's made extensive in-game purchases with actual money (lame I know, but whatever his vice is)
Really? lame?? That's one of the ways developers earn money from their apps...

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2013, 11:05 AM   #912 (permalink)

If you want to forge ahead and tinker with CM10 for the TouchPad, check out this discussion started by BIGSimon in XDA-Developers: [ROM] [*12/16*] Unofficial CM10 Preview by Jcsullins Now with sound+camera - xda-developers

I'm content with CM9, but I'm in no rush yet to port CM10 until a stable version comes along. That, and since it's become my kid's tablet, I don't spend much time using it anymore.

Edit: I forgot to mention an ongoing thread on CM10 here: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...-touchpad.html

Last edited by Jacques; 01/11/2013 at 03:16 PM.
Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 12:13 AM   #913 (permalink)

Hi

I've done this several times on other touchpads

I have the TP in USB mode {D:\}
I have the gapps file in the root of the drive
I have the moboot, tenderloin [nightly] and cwm file in D:\ CMInstall
I am in the CMD prompt and C:\android
I have Novacom and ACMEInstall3 in that dir
When I run the novacom command
novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3

It tells my unknown command, I tried it in C:\Program Files\Palm Inc, too

Help please!

PS: Yes the TP is in dev mode/

Never mind. Forgot I had to reboot into recovery mode. DOH!

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy

Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 01/21/2013 at 01:28 AM.
e-gadget-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 11:25 PM   #914 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
Really? lame?? That's one of the ways developers earn money from their apps...

Eh I don't judge, if it makes him happy he's free to do whatever he wants.
Old 02/05/2013, 03:51 AM   #915 (permalink)

Now, I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but... Android thumbnails and the like created from applications such as Dropbox, Raiden Legacy or any other application that has images saved onto storage. They'll show up on the gallery for WebOS and I've had it happen vice versa from WebOS thumbnails/images/audio/etc showing up in Android.

Is there a way to keep them both separated from showing up in each other's OS?
Shibishirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 06:10 PM   #916 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibishirasu View Post
Now, I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but... Android thumbnails and the like created from applications such as Dropbox, Raiden Legacy or any other application that has images saved onto storage. They'll show up on the gallery for WebOS and I've had it happen vice versa from WebOS thumbnails/images/audio/etc showing up in Android.

Is there a way to keep them both separated from showing up in each other's OS?
Ditto, I have had the same issue too. Doubt it can be separated into a different folder though.
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 06:13 PM   #917 (permalink)

I made a patch to prevent scanning certain directories for webOS. [Patch] Media Indexer No-Index Locations

For webOS generated files, put an empty ".nomedia" file in the folder that you want to hide.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 06:18 PM   #918 (permalink)

Help pleae, I updated WebOS to 3.5 and since then have not been able to access Android. I figured the boot file had been overwritten as the files are still present. Several times I have followed the instructions to install CM9 and 10 but as soon as I enter 'novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3' I simply get the static HP logo on the Touchpad.

Any ideas what this issue is?

Is there a solution? How simple?

Thanks
Old 02/17/2013, 06:19 PM   #919 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I made a patch to prevent scanning certain directories for webOS. [Patch] Media Indexer No-Index Locations

For webOS generated files, put an empty ".nomedia" file in the folder that you want to hide.
Simply clever
Old 02/17/2013, 06:20 PM   #920 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
Ditto, I have had the same issue too. Doubt it can be separated into a different folder though.
its because of the media indexer on webOS picking up the unexpected files android slaps bang in the middle of the webOS media/internal partition.

unless the android side can be forced/changed to use /media/internal/.somethingelse instead of /media/internal then your best bet will be GMMan's underrated (so far) no media index patch/solution.

[Patch] Media Indexer No-Index Locations

find the folders android has placed music/pictures inside webOS and follow GMMan's instructions to exclude those folders, if it works, after a reboot those files wont/shouldnt show in webOS.

keep meaning to try myself and always forget, ill have a stab at it myself tomorrow morning.

Tags
android, guide, touchpad

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0