Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 980
Like Tree75Likes
  1. #141  
    I finally was able to resolve my novacom recognition issue from a few days ago and now have CM9 on my wifes TP. Thanks!

    My issue now is getting it into USB mode so I can side load epub files for the Nook app. I've gone into app settings and checked a box and while it shows the USB symbol at the bottom, Windows Explorer does not completely recognize it as a drive.

    If I change the TP to camera, Windows Explorer will show a tenderloin drive / SD card but it pops and and off the screen. If I can double click the drive to try and open it up, the window disappears. I cannot even get Calibre to recognize it like I do both my Nooks.

    Is there a magic word I need to whisper to the TP? Is XP the issue? Thanks for helping a noob.
  2. #142  
    Totally frustrated with CM9 install, get the error "unable to find device". Have the novacom drivers installed, ACMEInstaller2 is in Program files\palm, Inc.

    PC shows as Palm Bootie device connected, touchpad has the big USB on screen.

    Steps taken so far:
    1: Installed Universal Driver, no luck
    2: Installed WebOS Quick Install, differant set of novacom drivers.
    3: Changed Laptop,changed cable
    4: Tried From Mac mini
    5: Erased touchpad to factory settings.

    Totally at loss, please help.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by noob1001 View Post
    Totally frustrated with CM9 install, get the error "unable to find device". Have the novacom drivers installed, ACMEInstaller2 is in Program files\palm, Inc.

    PC shows as Palm Bootie device connected, touchpad has the big USB on screen.

    Steps taken so far:
    1: Installed Universal Driver, no luck
    2: Installed WebOS Quick Install, differant set of novacom drivers.
    3: Changed Laptop,changed cable
    4: Tried From Mac mini
    5: Erased touchpad to factory settings.

    Totally at loss, please help.
    Yes, this is a weird one.. but in fact I had the very same issue last night myself, whilst installing CM9 V.0.6 on the GF's TP.. and ended up just ignoring it and going for - novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2 - (in Program Files > Palm, Inc where I had also placed Novacom and the Installer2) via the PC's 'Command Prompt' window anyway and it installed CM9 on the TP (in recovery mode, with large 'USB' symbol visible) just fine.. it is not a 'WOSQI' initiative.

    Perhaps whilst the TP is in recovery mode, the PC can not see 'Touchpad' anyway.. only 'Palm Bootie device'... which is fine for the PC to chuck the files across to via it's own Command Promt anyway?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/08/2012 at 11:05 AM.
  4. Brian.'s Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    #144  
    Is there a noticeable difference from CM7 to CM9? Had a little trouble getting CM7 to work at first but have it working now and wanna make sure the upgrade is worth it. Also, how to I save my apps installed on CM7 now if I plan to upgrade to CM9 and install them there?
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    Is there a noticeable difference from CM7 to CM9? Had a little trouble getting CM7 to work at first but have it working now and wanna make sure the upgrade is worth it. Also, how to I save my apps installed on CM7 now if I plan to upgrade to CM9 and install them there?
    I went for it anyway.. because I always have my faithful webOS to fall back on.
    You can FEEL Duartes influence on CM9 and there is a very very noticable difference.. yes, however it is still only in early Alpha development for TP, so you may be better plodding on with CM7 until this racehorse gets up to full speed!
    Maybe apps are upgraded to CM9 if you install 'on top of' CM7 (?).. but I just wiped the whole CM7 thing and started afresh with CM9.

  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes, this is a weird one.. but in fact I had the very same issue last night myself, whilst installing CM9 V.0.6 on the GF's TP.. and ended up just ignoring it and going for - novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2 - (in Program Files > Palm, Inc where I had also placed Novacom and the Installer2) via the PC's 'Command Prompt' window anyway and it installed CM9 on the TP (in recovery mode, with large 'USB' symbol visible) just fine.. it is not a 'WOSQI' initiative.

    Perhaps whilst the TP is in recovery mode, the PC can not see 'Touchpad' anyway.. only 'Palm Bootie device'... which is fine for the PC to chuck the files across to via it's own Command Promt anyway?
    right now using Novacom drivers from sdk and c:\program files\palm, Inc\novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2, touchpad is in recovery mode and still having "unable to find device".

    not getting anywhere have been googling all week really getting frustrated.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by noob1001 View Post
    right now using Novacom drivers from sdk and c:\program files\palm, Inc\novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2, touchpad is in recovery mode and still having "unable to find device".

    not getting anywhere have been googling all week really getting frustrated.
    I have no idea why things aren't working for you.

    The only thing I can say is make damn sure the touchpad is in recovery mode (not USB mode, you need to reboot into recovery). If you're doing all of that, my only suggestion is to try another computer. Are you able to run webOS doctor? If so, that makes this whole thing even odder....
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    Is there a noticeable difference from CM7 to CM9? Had a little trouble getting CM7 to work at first but have it working now and wanna make sure the upgrade is worth it. Also, how to I save my apps installed on CM7 now if I plan to upgrade to CM9 and install them there?
    Noticeable? Yes.

    CM9 is smooth as hell, boots stupid fast, runs beautifully. The few downsides (netflix still not working, HD youtube not working) were easily outweighed by the upsides for me. CM9 runs like it was literally custom-built for this device. I've barely touched webOS since the install.

    As for your apps, you may be able to install CM9 over the CM7 and still keep them, but it's very hit or miss. I'd just suggest writing down what you have and re-downloading/re-installing them when you boot into CM9.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  9.    #149  
    Oh, BTW guys and gals, there is a new touchpad touchscreen driver out that is WORLDS better than the stock ICS driver in 0.6.

    Namely, I was having major issues typing - my side-of-thumb was causing the spacebar to register doubleclicks (which inserted periods every few words while typing).

    This patch TOTALLY fixed that. I highly recommend it to anyone. It also brings stylus support to the touchpad, so if you feel like breaking out a stylus and taking handwritten notes or drawing in photoshop, this is your patch!

    TouchPad Android Touchscreen Driver Development (Updated 2012-02-08) - RootzWiki
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    knownboyofno likes this.
  10. #150  
    I was just thinking of updating to a more recent alpha version since the alpha 0 I have. One question about updates - does each update wipe out the previous install and do I need to reinstall/reconfigure/resetup everything all over?

    I know there's backup tools like Titanium backup, which I've never used, that's supposed to let you have your apps and settings and easily restore them. Could you maybe include instructions for the backup/restore process as part of updating to a newer version? Thanks.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I was just thinking of updating to a more recent alpha version since the alpha 0 I have. One question about updates - does each update wipe out the previous install and do I need to reinstall/reconfigure/resetup everything all over?

    I know there's backup tools like Titanium backup, which I've never used, that's supposed to let you have your apps and settings and easily restore them. Could you maybe include instructions for the backup/restore process as part of updating to a newer version? Thanks.
    You can go into clockworkmod and there is an option there to backup/restore. Use that to backup your current version, then follow the instructions in the OP on how to install right over the top of the old version. If worse comes to worse you can always restore to your old setup in clockworkmod (although I doubt you will, the newest version is worlds-away better). Your apps etc should stay, and you should be VERY happy with the 0.6 alpha.

    Do make sure you install the newest touchscreen driver too that I just mentioned, it's a huge improvement.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    You can go into clockworkmod and there is an option there to backup/restore. Use that to backup your current version, then follow the instructions in the OP on how to install right over the top of the old version. If worse comes to worse you can always restore to your old setup in clockworkmod (although I doubt you will, the newest version is worlds-away better). Your apps etc should stay, and you should be VERY happy with the 0.6 alpha.

    Do make sure you install the newest touchscreen driver too that I just mentioned, it's a huge improvement.
    I got the flow of it now... The first time I installed CM9, I was just kind of blindly following the directions but now I understand what I'm doing. It's pretty easy. I took a backup with clockworkmod but didn't need to restore it. The CM9 update (also the new touch driver install) went smooth and all the installed apps and settings stayed intact. I was under the impression that updating the OS is like doctoring but it's not. Thanks for the tips.
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I got the flow of it now... The first time I installed CM9, I was just kind of blindly following the directions but now I understand what I'm doing. It's pretty easy. I took a backup with clockworkmod but didn't need to restore it. The CM9 update (also the new touch driver install) went smooth and all the installed apps and settings stayed intact. I was under the impression that updating the OS is like doctoring but it's not. Thanks for the tips.
    Yep, it's pretty easy really. Just install the upgrade and go.

    There's no guarantee it'll be that simple every time - a future beta or alpha may be completely incompatable with your old install, requiring a full removal/reinstall, but that's all part of the whole "alpha" experience, right?

    At any rate, hope you're liking 0.6, it's a pretty nice step from where it was in the initial alpha, especially once I tossed that new touchscreen driver on it. God how I hated the "double space period" bug. I touchtype so my thumb hits the spacebar sideways, it's just how I type. The side of my thumb counted as 2 fingers, screwing -everything- up. Now, no issues, I can easily burn up 50-70wpm on the keyboard which is pretty damn good on an abbreviated touchscreen keyboard (I'm over 110 on a hardware board, but I'm happy with this performance on a touchscreen).
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by georgemoe View Post
    My issue now is getting it into USB mode so I can side load epub files for the Nook app. I've gone into app settings and checked a box and while it shows the USB symbol at the bottom, Windows Explorer does not completely recognize it as a drive.

    If I change the TP to camera, Windows Explorer will show a tenderloin drive / SD card but it pops and and off the screen. If I can double click the drive to try and open it up, the window disappears. I cannot even get Calibre to recognize it like I do both my Nooks.

    Is there a magic word I need to whisper to the TP? Is XP the issue? Thanks for helping a noob.
    In addition to needing to set the "Media Device MTP" checkmark in the TP CM9 settings, I also needed to uncheck the box against "Developer options > USB Debugging" before I could access the internal folders via USB from my Windows 7 PC. If you've not done that, try it, and see if it works for you under XP.

    Spyke
  15. #155  
    Nevermind. Thanks for the guide!
    Last edited by cbhole; 02/09/2012 at 06:43 PM.
  16. lolwatpear's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #156  
    i do not see media/internal for my touchpad. it shows the folders: DCIM, downloads, music, etc... none of them have media/internal. what am i doing wrong?

    edit: nvm i see that the what you view in USB mode, is that folder. i get it.
    Last edited by lolwatpear; 02/10/2012 at 05:04 AM.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by lolwatpear View Post
    i do not see media/internal for my touchpad. it shows the folders: DCIM, downloads, music, etc... none of them have media/internal. what am i doing wrong?
    Hi, you're not doing anything wrong.

    When you mount the Touchpad in Android it maps the media/internal folder as a 'drive' called sdcard. The folders you're seeing (DCIM, downloads, music, etc.) are sub-folders of media/internal.

    If you're in webOS you can see the full folder structure using the file manager Internalz Pro, available from the Preware catalogue. webOS applications that show you a 'My Touchpad' folder also start with media/internal as the parent folder.

    Spyke
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    In addition to needing to set the "Media Device MTP" checkmark in the TP CM9 settings, I also needed to uncheck the box against "Developer options > USB Debugging" before I could access the internal folders via USB from my Windows 7 PC. If you've not done that, try it, and see if it works for you under XP.

    Spyke
    Thanks. I can now see the SDcard folder and can drop epub files into existing folders but the Android Nook app does not see them. And it won't let me add a Nook folder and My Documents folder to the SDCard main folder. I'll have to search a bit more.
  19. #159  
    Okay, CM9 users, I've just got a handful of questions before I decide that I'm ready to make the jump, if you'll help me out. I'm sorry if any have already been covered.

    1. Do I choose the size of each OS, or do they simply share hard drive space?
    2. How much space does the Android install occupy? Is a dual booting 16 gig Touchpad a poor experience?
    3. I've read about the 120 vs. 160 dpi toggle option - does the TouchPad look "bad" or "unprofessional" on the default setting?
    4. How capable is it as a gaming device? Will graphics-intensive 3d (Asphalt 6, or FIFA, etc.) games be easily and smoothly playable, or will that hopefully come later?

    Again, I'm sorry if these questions are rehash. They'll just determine whether I install now or when a more developed beta emerges.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjzz12 View Post
    1. Do I choose the size of each OS, or do they simply share hard drive space?
    2. How much space does the Android install occupy? Is a dual booting 16 gig Touchpad a poor experience?
    3. I've read about the 120 vs. 160 dpi toggle option - does the TouchPad look "bad" or "unprofessional" on the default setting?
    4. How capable is it as a gaming device? Will graphics-intensive 3d (Asphalt 6, or FIFA, etc.) games be easily and smoothly playable, or will that hopefully come later?
    1. The size is preset, you don't need to set the size.
    2. I think it takes 2 GB, but it uses the same internal area as the webOS boot as its sdcard, so your data is held 'outside' the Android part and is available to both operating systems. I'm dual booting on a 16 GB TP and it's a great experience.
    3. I've been running on 160 and it looks fine to me.
    4. I've not tried 3D heavy games, so can't help you there, sorry.

    Spyke
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions