Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    I use CM9 probably 90% of the time now, it is awesome!!! (for what I use a tablet for)

MX Video Player App is the besttttttttttttt <3 <3
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a version of Gapps that has working calendar sync of Outlook Exchange? Iíve tried searching the web wirthout finding a definitive answer. I've checked goo-inside and checked out the apk's in the zip and really don't know what i'm looking for.
    I use CM9 probably 90% of the time now, it is awesome!!! (for what I use a tablet for)

MX Video Player App is the besttttttttttttt <3 <3
    I'm really tempted to take the plunge. But part of me wants to keep my TouchPad "clean" until CM9 goes beta. Then whenever I read about people stuck in bootloops etc l get put off again. It's only a matter of time though.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    toaste and darkzone like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Follow the upgrade instructions at the start of the first post in this thread. For convenience, I'll repost here:

You'll find that the link in the first post to the CM9 file is to the page where the latest one is held, so although at the moment it states v0.5, the rootzwiki page also offers you v0.6:

[Release][Alpha0.6] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - RootzWiki

(The only thing missing from those instructions is that after installing the CM9 build you should select 'reboot' in the ClockwordMod menu.)

Spyke

Ahh yes. Thank you and apologies for my ignorance!
    Quote Originally Posted by EndOfLevelBoss View Post
    I'm really tempted to take the plunge. But part of me wants to keep my TouchPad "clean" until CM9 goes beta. Then whenever I read about people stuck in bootloops etc l get put off again. It's only a matter of time though.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I took the plunge. CM9 alpha.06 works great. The instructions were easy to follow. I hope future updates will be as easy to install. First time to install anything alpha or beta!!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Ok, I am having an issue and hoping someone can help. I followed the instructions to the letter and can't get CM9 alpha.06 to boot. I can select Cyanogenmod from the boot menu and the Cyanogenmod logo comes up like it is going to boot, but then the screen just goes black (reboots) and takes me back to the boot menu. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mav2303 View Post
    Ok, I am having an issue and hoping someone can help. I followed the instructions to the letter and can't get CM9 alpha.06 to boot. I can select Cyanogenmod from the boot menu and the Cyanogenmod logo comes up like it is going to boot, but then the screen just goes black (reboots) and takes me back to the boot menu. Any ideas?
    I got it figured out. I did a system reset/wipe, cache wipe and Dalvik cache wipe and reinstalled from the "sdcard" and it worked. Thanks.
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    Does anyone have a version of Gapps that has working calendar sync of Outlook Exchange? Iíve tried searching the web wirthout finding a definitive answer. I've checked goo-inside and checked out the apk's in the zip and really don't know what i'm looking for.
    My calendar sync is working beautifully with the suggested gapps file. If yours isn't, try this one:

http://goo.gl/u9s8g

That may fix your problem. Just install it from clockworkmod. If that doesn't fix your troubles either, you can try one of these:

Goo-inside.me Downloads - Browsing gapps
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    My calendar sync is working beautifully with the suggested gapps file. If yours isn't, try this one:

http://goo.gl/u9s8g

That may fix your problem. Just install it from clockworkmod.
    Just a "heads up": I installed that gapps file to try to cure my Calendar issue and my Touchpad lost its link to my Google account, so the apps couldn't work, and didn't offer Google as an option under Add Account.

After I reinstalled the gapps file linked in the original post, I was able to add my Google account back in again.

Spyke
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Just a "heads up": I installed that gapps file to try to cure my Calendar issue and my Touchpad lost its link to my Google account, so the apps couldn't work, and didn't offer Google as an option under Add Account.

After I reinstalled the gapps file linked in the original post, I was able to add my Google account back in again.

Spyke
    Odd, that's a suggested gapps file for someone having a calendar issue, no idea why it didnt work for you. Thanks for trying it out. Maybe try the others. I'm not having a calendar issue here... You could also try the old calendar fix - this may fix your issue:

http://www.multiupload.com/B1TZD65GBR
    Last edited by ncinerate; 02/06/2012 at 03:11 PM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Odd, that's a suggested gapps file for someone having a calendar issue, no idea why it didnt work for you. Thanks for trying it out. Maybe try the others. I'm not having a calendar issue here... You could also try the old calendar fix - this may fix your issue:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    Funnily enough, reinstalling the original gapps file solved my Calendar issue, at least for now. My problem was that it had stopped synching with Google; I didn't have the exchange problem. Maybe there was some underlying problem which was then exacerbated when I installed the later gapps zip. Who knows?!

Spyke
    I installed CM9 successfully, but didn't boot into Clockworkmod soon enough. Now all I can do is boot into Cyanomod. If I select Clockworkmod recovery I get a screen with the option to "choose zip from sdcard", but when I select it, nothing happens. What should I do next?
    Quote Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
    I installed CM9 successfully, but didn't boot into Clockworkmod soon enough. Now all I can do is boot into Cyanomod. If I select Clockworkmod recovery I get a screen with the option to "choose zip from sdcard", but when I select it, nothing happens. What should I do next?
    Duh. Was hitting power button instead of home button. All is well. Thanks for great instructions.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
    Duh. Was hitting power button instead of home button. All is well. Thanks for great instructions.
    No worries, we all make a few silly mistakes .Welcome to the ICS fold!

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    What was fixed in 06? How hard is it to get from 05 to 06?
    Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    What was fixed in 06? How hard is it to get from 05 to 06?
    There is nothing hard about it.. it's easy in fact!
    Here are the 'fixes' for A.0.6:

'..Alpha0.6 Release notes:

Another minor release. While working on bigger problems that will take a while I wanted to push out an update for some things that have happened in the last few days. This is primarily to get Flemmard's work out for more testing. This contains the start of CyanogenMod settings. However, most of the settings are not functional on tablets yet.

With this release I will also provide two flashable zips to allow you to easily switch between lcd density 120 and 160. The default is still 160 because it offers the greatest compatibility. Any lcd density value between 160 and 120 will ruin market compatibility. For those that would like a "higher resolution" look and feel, you may flash the 120 lcd density update.zip. This will copy a new build.prop and will update the launcher for proper display. I strongly recommend changing the font size in Settings->System->Fonts if you chose to do this. The 160 lcd density update is provided to easily revert the change.
    • Touchscreen fixes
    • Ability to hide the combined bar(navigation buttons and clock) for full screen. This uses the ICS api so it will require app support(not all apps have been updated). This is an option under Settings->[Interface]->System->Combined Bar (Credits to Flemmard)
    • Scrollable quick settings. This will require tweaking later to allow it to be bigger on the Touchpad but fixes overflow issue on 7" tablets with the new Bluetooth toggle. (Credits to Flemmard)
    • Reboot to recovery is working via the power menu(hold down power button). Note: reboot will sometimes shutdown rather than rebooting.
    • Preliminary support for Rom Manager. In order to use this you will need Rom Manager Premium because it is not official yet. In order to use it you will need to execute "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" in Rom Manager. Confirm the model is cm_tenderloin, say yes that you have installed manually, and check ClockworkMod 3.x. Now you can use Rom Manager to flash update.zips. Official support should come soon.
    • Other general changes from syncing with latest changes..'
    Here's a tip I just read over on the Rootzwiki site. Google Talk seems to sign you in automatically when your register your CM9 installation and continues to run in the background. It's reported that this has a noticeable drain on the battery.

To sign out, first start the Google Talk app, and if your status shows as Available, tap on that message, then change your status from Available to Sign Out.

Spyke
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. Have turned it off and will see if the battery life improves.

Couldn't find a way to permanently log out so I'm guessing we have to do this on each boot?

Not the end of the world but a bit of a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Couldn't find a way to permanently log out so I'm guessing we have to do this on each boot?

Not the end of the world but a bit of a pain.
    I just tried rebooting and it stays logged out, so it shouldn't be an issue. (Not sure I'm seeing a difference in the battery drain, though...)

Spyke
    Last edited by Spyke; 02/07/2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    There is nothing hard about it.. it's easy in fact!
    Here are the 'fixes' for A.0.6:

'..Alpha0.6 Release notes:

Another minor release. While working on bigger problems that will take a while I wanted to push out an update for some things that have happened in the last few days. This is primarily to get Flemmard's work out for more testing. This contains the start of CyanogenMod settings. However, most of the settings are not functional on tablets yet.

With this release I will also provide two flashable zips to allow you to easily switch between lcd density 120 and 160. The default is still 160 because it offers the greatest compatibility. Any lcd density value between 160 and 120 will ruin market compatibility. For those that would like a "higher resolution" look and feel, you may flash the 120 lcd density update.zip. This will copy a new build.prop and will update the launcher for proper display. I strongly recommend changing the font size in Settings->System->Fonts if you chose to do this. The 160 lcd density update is provided to easily revert the change.
    • Touchscreen fixes
    • Ability to hide the combined bar(navigation buttons and clock) for full screen. This uses the ICS api so it will require app support(not all apps have been updated). This is an option under Settings->[Interface]->System->Combined Bar (Credits to Flemmard)
    • Scrollable quick settings. This will require tweaking later to allow it to be bigger on the Touchpad but fixes overflow issue on 7" tablets with the new Bluetooth toggle. (Credits to Flemmard)
    • Reboot to recovery is working via the power menu(hold down power button). Note: reboot will sometimes shutdown rather than rebooting.
    • Preliminary support for Rom Manager. In order to use this you will need Rom Manager Premium because it is not official yet. In order to use it you will need to execute "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" in Rom Manager. Confirm the model is cm_tenderloin, say yes that you have installed manually, and check ClockworkMod 3.x. Now you can use Rom Manager to flash update.zips. Official support should come soon.
    • Other general changes from syncing with latest changes..'
    So the email app hasn't been fixed yet? Guess I will wait till it is then upgrade.
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast