Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Nope no need to install it for Alpha 0.6
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    awesome thanks! also do many games have issues on cm9?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leebtyler View Post
    download the zip.
    transfer it via usb mode onto the root of your touchpad.
    reboot your touchpad
    select clockwork mod using the volume button

choose install zip from sd card then choose "choose zip from sd card"
    then select the zip file, confirm, and install away.
    then reboot system and away you go.
    You can also just download the file directly to the TP then browse to the downloads folder in CWM and install from there. Saves having to hook up to a PC :-)
    OK guys read the new touchpad guide, got through all that. Read this guide twice and got started. I have CM9 working on my touchpad however when I get to step 4 I am clueless how to get in clockwork recovery. My only options are boot webos, boot cyanogenmod, boot webos recovery, reboot and shut down. I tried reinstalling clockwork via novacom and still the same thing. Help?

"Step 4: WE NEED TO FIX A FEW THINGS!

Ok, your touchpad is getting everything installed, but you're going to need to fix a few things before it will be as useful as you might like. When the touchpad finishes installing it's going to reboot into MOBOOT, a place that allows you to select which operating system you would like to use (webOS or cyanomod). You select between these by using the volume rocker, then hitting the home button to select. On your first boot-up you don't want EITHER of these options - you want to boot into CLOCKWORKMOD. Be ready when the touchpad begins to boot up, and immediately put it into clockworkmod.

Now that you're in clockworkmod, you need to select "install zip from sdcard". You navigate this menu with your volume rocker and your home/power buttons. Simply use the volume rocker to go down to select install zip, and hit the home key to select.

Select "choose zip from sdcard"."
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by cason.trish View Post
    OK guys read the new touchpad guide, got through all that. Read this guide twice and got started. I have CM9 working on my touchpad however when I get to step 4 I am clueless how to get in clockwork recovery. My only options are boot webos, boot cyanogenmod, boot webos recovery, reboot and shut down. I tried reinstalling clockwork via novacom and still the same thing. Help?

"Step 4: WE NEED TO FIX A FEW THINGS!

Ok, your touchpad is getting everything installed, but you're going to need to fix a few things before it will be as useful as you might like. When the touchpad finishes installing it's going to reboot into MOBOOT, a place that allows you to select which operating system you would like to use (webOS or cyanomod). You select between these by using the volume rocker, then hitting the home button to select. On your first boot-up you don't want EITHER of these options - you want to boot into CLOCKWORKMOD. Be ready when the touchpad begins to boot up, and immediately put it into clockworkmod.

Now that you're in clockworkmod, you need to select "install zip from sdcard". You navigate this menu with your volume rocker and your home/power buttons. Simply use the volume rocker to go down to select install zip, and hit the home key to select.

Select "choose zip from sdcard"."
    Sounds like you didn't install clockworkmod to begin with.

My suggestion is start over from the beginning, and make sure you are placing all the files in their correct place, INCLUDING the clockworkmod file.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    As in uninstall CM9 and start totally over?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Sounds like you didn't install clockworkmod to begin with.

My suggestion is start over from the beginning, and make sure you are placing all the files in their correct place, INCLUDING the clockworkmod file.
    Im still waiting for the Camera/microphone fix, thats the dealbreaker for CM9. My son Skypes w/ his grammy in FL and it actually works pretty good in CM7 so im not breaking that to run ICS.
    So I'm finally getting around to giving this Android installation a shot, so I'm quite new to this whole thing. Really, the most I've done with my Touchpad (or Palm Pre, whatever) is install apps through my computer.

Well, here I am with a problem. I'm stuck at step 3, and all my Googling skills could not help me figure anything out. No matter what I do, I keep getting the message "The system cannot find the file specified."

Things I've done so far:
    1) I've done the first way given in the instructions, to no effect.
    2) I moved the ACMEInstaller2 into the Palm, Inc directory, but it didn't work.
    3) Tried using novacom.exe instead, didn't do anything.
    4) Tried using the full "C:\\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe" line, and that didn't work. I think there was a point where doing this stopped letting me do things in Command Prompt, and closing it made the Touchpad freeze with the HP logo.
    5) Reinstalled novacom, just in case. This is when attempt #4 stopped freezing the touchpad, and went back to giving me the "cannot find the file specified" thing.
    6) Restarted my computer a couple of times, as apparently that was a missing step for some people. Someone (I forgot where) said multiple restarts are necessary. I gave up after 3, maybe I should keep at it?

I'm pretty sure I have everything installed that I need, like the Palm SDK and such, since they were listed in the instructions for installing novacom (HP Touchpad - RootzWiki). Everything else regarding CM9 is waiting in the Touchpad, so hopefully I'm not missing something.

Most of the troubleshooting solutions were regarding the old ACMEInstaller where it was in a zip file, but it should be the same after that, right? Anyway, I'm at my limit trying to figure this out myself, so does anyone know what to do? I'm sure there has to be something I haven't done yet, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Either way, much help is appreciated.
    "Tried using the full "C:\\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe" line, and that didn't work. "

It should be c:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom boot mem:// <ACMEInstaller2
    Well, yes, I did that. I just meant instead of only having "novacom" typed out I went for the full directory in the command.
    I was stuck on step 3 as well. Very frustrating! The CMD line drove me bonkers. After a bit of googling I found this on androidcentral:

After placing your file in the Palm Directory,

Go to your command line, and type in
    cd C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc

so your command prompt looks like
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>

then you type in
    novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2

Looks similar to the cmd line instructions(cd /Program Files/Palm, Inc) posted here, right? Well, after reading the android forum I noticed this person added a C: in the cmd line. Whatever the reason it worked and I was able to install android on my device.
    Last edited by richeydog; 02/02/2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Funny thing. I was messing around with the OP's instructions in step 3 and I found that his cmd line "cd /Program Files/Palm, Inc" DOES work without the "C:", but ONLY if I change the slashes from forward to back...

cd \Program Files\Palm, Inc
    Great topic. Ready to add CM9 to my wifes TP but like others I'm stuck at Step 3. Novacom not recognized. Tried the workarounds and nothing.

I have no Palm, Inc folder anywhere on my XP machine. What files are suppose to be in there along with the ACMEInstaller file?

Maybe this is my trouble. Can anyone tell me what I need to install on my machine to get the Novacom command to work?

Thanks!
    Did you copy and paste what I had posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    "Tried using the full "C:\\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe" line, and that didn't work. "

It should be c:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom boot mem:// <ACMEInstaller2
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Did you copy and paste what I had posted?
    Tha nks for the reply Aviator. Yes I did but now it doesn't recognize the cmd boot.

All I have is ACMEInstaller2 in the folder. Is something else needed? Can't I just dbl-clk the file from windows explorer? Do I have to be at the command prompt?

Thanks.
    all i continue to keep getting is "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped

i get this non stop. any way to correct it? please help.
    i flashed the batteryalpha0 fix and i think thats what messed it up. any way to unflash a file?
    I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if it mattered, but I have tried what richeydog suggested. Including all the combinations of C: and \ or /, as well. None have worked, so did I not install novacom properly or something?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    @phosphatide

try using wosqi's command line instead

get it here: http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-4-0-a.html

the command line is under Tools/Linux Command Line

extract ACMEInstaller2 to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc

cd C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc

novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2

that is the right code to run

if that doesn't work i recommend running the uninstaller and start from scratch
    The upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6 went very well for me. No loss of data or apps!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.