Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365708565.690657.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4g using Tapatalk
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
    Hi,

I Spent time reading via the guide to get comfy installing CM9 only to stumble pretty fast!.

Where are the ACMEinstaller and Clockworkmod links ?

Any clues to getting them?

Is there a legal reason why they don't exist anymore?

cheers
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I couldn't find them all myself - but fortunately I had install CM 9 earlier & I saved the files. I can get them to you if you like. Send me a PM.

Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
    Quote Originally Posted by scjjtt View Post
    I couldn't find them all myself - but fortunately I had install CM 9 earlier & I saved the files. I can get them to you if you like. Send me a PM.
    Thank you very much. It worked perfectly!.

What a Huge difference from webos !

-----------------------
    I have a couple of questions :-

(1) Nightly Builds : I downloaded the latest file e.g. cm-9-20130415-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip

Following the instructions on the first page ... it did not install this file when I placed it in cminstall folder.
    I had to manually go into clockwordmod and manual click/install the file ....

Should I have initially renamed the file to updated-cm-9-20130415-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip ?

(2)The Overclocking mod in webos.
    I used the Guide and overclocked the webos to 1.5Ghz.
    Is this speed config available only to webos to both webos and CM9 ?

Thanks

cooa99
    Quote Originally Posted by cooa99 View Post

-----------------------

(1) Nightly Builds : I downloaded the latest file e.g. cm-9-20130415-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip

Following the instructions on the first page ... it did not install this file when I placed it in cminstall folder.

Should I have initially renamed the file to updated-cm-9-20130415-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip ?

Thanks

cooa99
    to overclock android you need a native to android solution, apps such as "setcpu" do what you need.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooa99 View Post

-----------------------

Thanks

cooa99

cooa99,

To comment on your questions:

1. Yes, it is to be renamed with upgrade in front of the file name. I just had left the file in its original name.

Maybe manually installing it works - I don't know - I just followed the directions...

2. I guess in order to bump the dual processor to 1.5 (which was the intended speed by the chip maker) or overclock it - it looks like we have to follow what Geekpeter advised above.

What's funny is I have CM 9 on my phone - to increase the cpu was already a built in feature.

Good luck with CM 10. Even though I have it - 80% or more of my time on the TouchPad is using Web OS - I just like it better. My son-in-law never uses Web OS on his. Most likely my wife will stay with CM 10 on hers all the time. My parents - well they'll never see CM 10 - I didn't install it. Leaning Web OS was hard enough for them & now that they know it - it works perfectly for email, facebook & internet surfing.

If there is anything else we can do to help - just let us know.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I am going to update CM9 on a friend's touchpad, but he runs an extremely old (Alpha 2 I think) version on his. But would I still follow these instructions on the front page?

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:

Already have CM9 on your touchpad and want to upgrade to a more recent version that has been released?

First, download the new version of android, and drag/drop it into your touchpad in an easily accessable place (/media/internal is easiest, just go into webOS, put the device into usb mode, then drag/drop the file into it).

Now reboot your touchpad, and when it enters Moboot, select clockworkmod.

Once there, you need to select the "wipe cache partition" option.
    Next, go into advanced, and wipe dalvik cache.

Finally, select the option to install from a zip on the SD card, and from there, select the newest CM9 file that you downloaded/drag and dropped into the touchpad.

A few minutes later, you'll be staring at a nice new shiny build. Bear in mind that as these builds are still in ALPHA stages, it is possible new builds will bring with them new problems and may not always be as stable as the build you left behind.

The other option for installing a new version of Android is to simply remove the previous version using the instructions found further in this post, then installing it as normal from scratch.
    Two other questions as well:

1. Would I need a new gaaps file as well (in which case, does anyone have a link?).

2. Also on the cyanogen site (CyanogenMod Downloads), which of the nightly builds is the most stable?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by xezat View Post
    I am going to update CM9 on a friend's touchpad, but he runs an extremely old (Alpha 2 I think) version on his. But would I still follow these instructions on the front page?

Two other questions as well:

1. Would I need a new gaaps file as well (in which case, does anyone have a link?).

2. Also on the cyanogen site (CyanogenMod Downloads), which of the nightly builds is the most stable?

Thanks!
    technically none of the nightly's are reliable enough to call stable, their as they seem, their just quick rapid updates, their nto really intended to be stable esp as their out of sate erm, the next day or so when njumerous more nightly's become available.

if you want stable, pick a stable release, if you want bleeding edge up to date but potentially buggy/unstable, pick a nightly.

HP Touchpad | CyanogenMod
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    technically none of the nightly's are reliable enough to call stable, their as they seem, their just quick rapid updates, their nto really intended to be stable esp as their out of sate erm, the next day or so when njumerous more nightly's become available.

if you want stable, pick a stable release, if you want bleeding edge up to date but potentially buggy/unstable, pick a nightly.

HP Touchpad | CyanogenMod
    The only problem is that nothing under stable mod on that link...

So what's the most stable build out there then I guess is my next question?
    The only problem is that nothing under stable mod on that link...

So what's the most stable build out there then I guess is my next question?
    none or there would be a definate "stable" build, just pick any and try, if you find an issue then try another, if nothings wrong, keep what you have.

you cant really pick one to suit all, ive had a total of 4 touchpads ive put cm9 then eventually cm10, even tho i used the same identical files ive had minor differences, some were fine, 1 was terrible and i changed its version, no idea if thats because 2 were refurbs but id did expect all 4 to be exactly the same, which didnt happen.

so yeah personal experience tbh, try first, try again if you need too, its not like any of them are "amazingly bad" or they would be deleted if they were bad or harmful.

EDIT: the people i gave touchpads too as presents havent said anything about their touchpads acting weird/bad esp when compared to their usual android phone usage, so if they cant see any major problems being heavy and primarily android users then all seems well tbh.

EDIT2: Jellybean (CM10) For the HP Touchpad.
    theres a link to the files i put on my friends/family's touchpads for a working cm10, ive just again tested the links, they all still look valid and work, as mentioned above, they havent had any issues, and my bro in law uses his with his ps3 controller, bt keyboard/mouse etc and it all works fine, no wifi issues, videos all play fine, games work ok etc etc, if that version does have issues, its not amazingly apparant at all.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 04/21/2013 at 06:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So wait, why say pick a stable release then originally if you're now saying there is none at all anyways? >.>

Though I must admit after 2-ish years, I'm still surprised nothing has been done to actually make any of them a stable release...
    So wait, why say pick a stable release then originally if you're now saying there is none at all anyways? >.>

Though I must admit after 2-ish years, I'm still surprised nothing has been done to actually make any of them a stable release...
    i also did say pick any old one and try it, if in "your" mind its stable enough to use, then consider that your stable release, if theres an issue try another.

in my example the cm10 links/post i showed above, for me they were stable enough to keep and use, and i used them for 3 other people and they havent mentioned anything problematic, so for me thats a stable "enough" release.

and btw your also right, there are no stable releases at all, their all alpha/beta, thats why its all pot luck.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i also did say pick any old one and try it, if in "your" mind its stable enough to use, then consider that your stable release, if theres an issue try another.

in my example the cm10 links/post i showed above, for me they were stable enough to keep and use, and i used them for 3 other people and they havent mentioned anything problematic, so for me thats a stable "enough" release.

and btw your also right, there are no stable releases at all, their all alpha/beta, thats why its all pot luck.
    Ah ok, that clears it up...

So do you pretty much just follow the instructions on the first page I guess and dump a new build in over the old one?
    geekpeter likes this.
    Ah ok, that clears it up...

So do you pretty much just follow the instructions on the first page I guess and dump a new build in over the old one?
    yup, IF its the same version, cm9 or cm10, just update older to newer after clearing caches etc which a few other people have mentioned before.

If its cm9 updating to cm10, then dont treat as an update but treat as a first/new install.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Ok I guess my question is, I don't see the clockwork mod option when I restart the TP and enter Moboot, even though I know I installed it back when I did all of this stuff. Is there any reason it's not showing?
    To fix your CWMod issue simply reinstall using ACMEInstaller2(or3) just like you did the original install. If you need the instructions jump to the top of this thread. Also update your mboot to 0.3.5 for best results.

Hope this helps. I've been stuck with the second alpha up until last night when I was finally able to piece that process together from all over the web. Only issue now is that PlayStore is down, but I'm looking for the latest gapps now.
    Last edited by CHEEZM03; 05/02/2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: fixing spell check
    I dont' know where to report bugs. but heres mine

While Playing MonkeyMedia after the screen turns off onto standby my music becomes very low and fuzzy. Goes away after I hit the center button to resume webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I dont' know where to report bugs. but heres mine

While Playing MonkeyMedia after the screen turns off onto standby my music becomes very low and fuzzy. Goes away after I hit the center button to resume webOS.
    use SetCPU or similar and try upping the Min CPU value and see if it still persists, the cpu may be running too low in standby while trying to keep up on the default cpu setting/freq, ihad similar issues on an old android phone that would drop to 166mhz and stutter when playing music/videos when the screen turned off.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    hello everyone i was wondering if i can still use the guide on page #1 to put android on my hp touchpad for the very very first time ? as of 06/17/2013.