Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    this is frustrating. running into the same problem i had a long time ago. i get to the command line novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3 and all I get back is "unable to find device"

WHAT...THE....H***?!?!?!?!?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled novacom three stinkin' times. i've followed ALL the directions and typed everything WITH spaces and WITHOUT spaces...I've done everything I can think of, but it just keeps saying "unable to find device". WHYWHYWHYWHY???

HELP!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    this is frustrating. running into the same problem i had a long time ago. i get to the command line novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3 and all I get back is "unable to find device"

WHAT...THE....H***?!?!?!?!?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled novacom three stinkin' times. i've followed ALL the directions and typed everything WITH spaces and WITHOUT spaces...I've done everything I can think of, but it just keeps saying "unable to find device". WHYWHYWHYWHY???

HELP!
    Installer 3 is for CM10 Jelly Bean. You need to use Installer 2.

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/tools
    Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    Installer 3 is for CM10 Jelly Bean. You need to use Installer 2.

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing tools
    Still getting the "unable to find device" message...even with ACMEInstaller2.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Still getting the "unable to find device" message...even with ACMEInstaller2.
    Have you tried installing novacom with webos quick install. I had to reinstall novacom before and used webos quick install to get the touchpad to be "found". If not, here is a link to the download and discussions forum.

http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-4-0-a.html

I now see your other thread and will let the discussion continue there.
    Last edited by cjf243; 09/17/2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: another thread has same discussion.
    I'm definitely missing something. Probably something very obvious. I'm trying to download AcmeInstaller2 from the link a few pages ago, but it just refuses to download. When I try to save it, the save menu just refreshes with only folders, and it never actually downloads. I even tried changing the file name, but then it tells me that name isn't valid (but I'm guessing I'm not supposed to anyway). What am i doing wrong?
    I've honestly searched, but with no luck. I finally installed cm9 on my touchpad, and it works great - the family loves the great display with Netflix! My issue is that: it boots fine, and as long as i use it (i.e. held in my hands) it's fine, but when I set it down (either with the screen on or sleeping) it starts booting over and over. If I turn off auto-roate it doesn't happen. Is this a known issue and is there a work-around? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdworsky View Post
    I've honestly searched, but with no luck. I finally installed cm9 on my touchpad, and it works great - the family loves the great display with Netflix! My issue is that: it boots fine, and as long as i use it (i.e. held in my hands) it's fine, but when I set it down (either with the screen on or sleeping) it starts booting over and over. If I turn off auto-roate it doesn't happen. Is this a known issue and is there a work-around? Thanks
    one of mine just started auto boot looping too =/
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Try upping the min speed to 300 whatever.
    how do you do that?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I just updated it to the latest nightly today and thats when it started
    @agentmock

wonder if i downgrade to a nightly one less than the recent if that would fix the boot loop issue
    @agentmock

backed it down to the 9/16 build and all is working good
    @agentmock

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    I'll give the 9/16 build a try and see if it fixes it for me as well.

Thanks
    I was able to fix my earlier problem. In case anybody ends up having the same issue and ending up here: Instead of trying the "save" the acmeinstaller file, I tried to "open" it using some random program. It downloaded, and then I went to my temp files folder, and copy and pasted the installer in the Palm Inc folder with novacom.
    What is the best build of android to install on the touchpad? Because here there are several different ones. CyanogenMod Downloads Thanks in advance!
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    What is the best build of android to install on the touchpad? Because here there are several different ones. CyanogenMod Downloads Thanks in advance!
    I'm running the 9/16 build w/o issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I'm running the 9/16 build w/o issue.
    Thanks! I'll try that out once my touchpad arrives.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    65fastback,

9/16 worked like a charm for me as well. Only one that did!

Thanks
    Has anyone run the latest cm9-20120930 Nightly? What or if there's any issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmernator View Post
    Has anyone run the latest cm9-20120930 Nightly? What or if there's any issue?
    I have had none to date.