Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    OK I got ICS installed and I like most things but this audio is super crappy compared to how it sounds under WebOS. Since I mainly use this for playing video and reading ebooks, it's kind of a big deal. How can I fix this?
    Just installed the latest nightly - it's fantastic. Just an fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdalek View Post
    Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be an issue although it the indicator stays grey. I have no problem with signal.
    Did you have any issue with the Google apps on today's?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdalek View Post
    Nevermind. Fixed it. I had to go back to 07-09 nightly and reflash an older version of the GApps. All but calender works. It tells me calender isn't installed. Meh, I don't use it on the TP anyway.
    Hi all, I be just installed the nightly today and it works fine. The only problem I have is that the google apps,play store, YouTube all not working although I have installed the latest Gapp file as the first thread and still not working. Any guide with clear steps? Help please. Thanks in advance
    Are the nightlies on a code freeze? Because they have not been updated since 8/19.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So it's been a while since I bothered checking up with this...did they ever release support for the camera and mic yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Are the nightlies on a code freeze? Because they have not been updated since 8/19.
    Probably, yes.
    I reckon all resources are being focussed upon development of CM10 (Jelly Bean) now.

[ROM] Unofficial CM10 Preview by Jcsullins - xda-developers

7.    #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    So it's been a while since I bothered checking up with this...did they ever release support for the camera and mic yet?
    The mic has been working for quite awhile. The camera is still being worked on - in fact someone finally managed to pull the first image off the camera from the buffer in the last few days. Trouble is, it's purely reverse-engineering (the camera has a closed-source driver). We'll see what happens.

Basically, the current state of CM9 is virtually complete. Yes, no camera, but outside of that everything runs about as close to flawlessly as you can ask for.

CM10 is coming, but I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to put CM9 on their touchpad. It's nice enough that even -I- haven't touched webOS in months and months.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    Hi all, I be just installed the nightly today and it works fine. The only problem I have is that the google apps,play store, YouTube all not working although I have installed the latest Gapp file as the first thread and still not working. Any guide with clear steps? Help please. Thanks in advance
    I also cannot get the play store working. Is there a fix?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Probably, yes.
    I reckon all resources are being focussed upon development of CM10 (Jelly Bean) now.

[ROM] Unofficial CM10 Preview by Jcsullins - xda-developers

there is a 9/03 nightly.
  10. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Question --- it appears that everything with the hardware (minus camera) works properly. Please confirm the charger (touchstone) works regardless of boot mode.

Thankx in advance ~

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I also cannot get the play store working. Is there a fix?
    Finally I could fix the Google apps by downloading the following file ( Google apps fixer) https://www.box.com/s/a8985c28d6d80fb71bdb , then install downloaded file from colckworkmod as mentioned in the first post ( install zip from the SD card) then reboot , all apps works nicely including the play store great thanks to Rootzwiki web site
    Quote Originally Posted by pardha View Post
    Please some one help me to come out of lock screen asking gmail account login .

I have tried to format the system, clearing cache etc in cwm. I didn't want to lose the data in my android.
    After trying all the options, I finally formatted the data under CWM and installed the latest nightlies along with gapps through sd card. It solved the pattern lock problem but I lost all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    Question --- it appears that everything with the hardware (minus camera) works properly. Please confirm the charger (touchstone) works regardless of boot mode.

Thankx in advance ~

I can confirm. Touchstone is the only way I charge my 32G TP...regardless if it's booted under WebOS or CM9. It does charge slower in CM9 but if you charge overnight like I usually do then you won't mind either. CM9 also depletes the battery sooner.

PEARL: Make sure to install the free app AutomateIT and set up a rule to shut down before the battery level gets to 10%, else risk having the issues associated with a completely depleted battery on your TP.
    Last edited by Hook; 09/05/2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    Finally I could fix the Google apps by downloading the following file ( Google apps fixer) https://www.box.com/s/a8985c28d6d80fb71bdb , then install downloaded file from colckworkmod as mentioned in the first post ( install zip from the SD card) then reboot , all apps works nicely including the play store great thanks to Rootzwiki web site
    This did not work for me. I installed my nightly and then installed the gapps file. Maybe I should try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    The mic has been working for quite awhile. The camera is still being worked on - in fact someone finally managed to pull the first image off the camera from the buffer in the last few days. Trouble is, it's purely reverse-engineering (the camera has a closed-source driver). We'll see what happens.

Basically, the current state of CM9 is virtually complete. Yes, no camera, but outside of that everything runs about as close to flawlessly as you can ask for.

CM10 is coming, but I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to put CM9 on their touchpad. It's nice enough that even -I- haven't touched webOS in months and months.
    I miss the KB from webOS...
    With cm-9-20120909 I haven't been able to use Google Apps as well - and when I started the device I had the choice between webOS, Android, webOS Recovery, Restart and Shutdown only.

RC0 Alpha 0.6 works.

/edit: 30 apps later,... SAVE webOS!

Most of the apps are really ugly HTML-to-Android-stuff and I can't stop to swipe around with no effect
    Last edited by HelmutsKohl; 09/11/2012 at 01:04 PM.
    As a matter of curiosity:

I've been running CM9 from the initial Alpha0, and have upgraded to Alpha2 and to different nightlies. I've had no problem so far.

The only thing is that the only version of fapps that I can use is the initial "signed_GAPPS-IML74K-010112" that I used the first time I installed Android. Whenever I've installed a new version or nightliy, I have tried with the recommended last version of GAPPS (gapps-ics-20120429-signed), or others previous than that one. No way. None of them have worked. I can install them, but when I open any google app, it immediately closes. I have then to revert to the original "signed_GAPPS-IML74K-010112", and everything works.

My question, apart from trying to understand the reason of this behaviour, is if I'm missing new functionalities or features that might come in new versions of gapps that I cannot install.

Tahnk you.
    I think you have to unintall google play before installing the new gapp
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I think you have to unintall google play before installing the new gapp
    And how do I do that? The only thing I see in the apps section of "Settings" is "unistall upgrades".

On the other hand, even though I have installed a gapps version dated January 2012, when I check the Google Play version it reads version 3.8.17, which seems to be the current version dated August 2012. Automatic upgrade??
    Quote Originally Posted by naiki View Post
    And how do I do that? The only thing I see in the apps section of "Settings" is "unistall upgrades".

On the other hand, even though I have installed a gapps version dated January 2012, when I check the Google Play version it reads version 3.8.17, which seems to be the current version dated August 2012. Automatic upgrade??
    I think that's what I did to uninstall before up grading