Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    CyanogenMod 9 – Stable | CyanogenMod

Does this mean I should use the Stable Release Candidate or continue with the nightlies?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Delete
    Last edited by Gone2Maui; 08/10/2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Here is what I found

CyanogenMod Downloads
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Delete
    Last edited by Gone2Maui; 08/11/2012 at 08:22 AM.
    I am repairing cm9 for someone because theirs is buggy, how I am not sure. I wanted to know if there is a way to install cm9 over the existing cm9 so it replaces all crucial files and such without getting rid of the android apps on the tablet like you can when upgrading from 7 to 9.
    All help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suembeaux View Post
    I am repairing cm9 for someone because theirs is buggy, how I am not sure. I wanted to know if there is a way to install cm9 over the existing cm9 so it replaces all crucial files and such without getting rid of the android apps on the tablet like you can when upgrading from 7 to 9.
    All help is appreciated.
    I think the best way to do this is a complete uninstall then install. And using titanium backup to restore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Titanium backup being an app or something native to cm9?
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    HELP!! I followed the tutorial correctly (I thought), but upon reboot after installing CM9, my menu does not have Clockworkmod as an available boot mode, but does have CM9, webOS, and webOS recovery. Did I download the wrong file, and how can I correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by bishopd View Post
    HELP!! I followed the tutorial correctly (I thought), but upon reboot after installing CM9, my menu does not have Clockworkmod as an available boot mode, but does have CM9, webOS, and webOS recovery. Did I download the wrong file, and how can I correct?
    Found a fix, had to add 'update'- to clockworkmod zip file in my CMInstall folder. Now works perfectly!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suembeaux View Post
    Titanium backup being an app or something native to cm9?
    It's an app
    Android CM9 nightlies locked me out with "Too Many Pattern attempts".
    I couldn't able to login through my gmail account (may be because of my wifi turned-off or no known connections are available). except the google login screen nothing is working. I have tried to format the system, clearing cache etc in cwm. i couldn't able to download sdk because of cyberroam.

I'm basically locked out. Is there any way to override the lock screen. please help me out.
    Thanks.
    Any updates to the dead links for clockworkmod and acmeinstaller in original post instructions? Don't want to monkey too much around w/ trying to find online in case I get wrong version or something else. Was able to grab everything else. THanks for the help!
    Well I got mine installed with the 8/16/12 build last night. At first I was using the instructions from:

HP Touchpad: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

But after I finished installing, the machine kept saying loading Cyanogenmod then restarting and going back to the moboot screen. After doing some research (ie googling and finding forum posts, including this one), I found out that CM 9 doesn't work with Acmeinstaller. I needed to use Acmeinstaller2. So after tracking down a working link for ACME2 and ACMEUninstaller (btw, I found them all right here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing tools) I uninstalled and started over. The steps were pretty much identical, you just use Acme2 with novacom instead of plain Acmeinstaller.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass on my experience with the first time install of CM9 on my touchpad. It's working great so far. Camera doesn't seem to work still, but I never used it anyway. Also MTP seems to be the only way to transfer files to the touchpad, unfortunately for me large files over a GB or so seems to crash Windows Explorer when trying to transfer them with MTP. So I just have to reboot into WebOS and transfer them that way.

Apps seem to work perfectly fine. I tested Angry Birds Space, Facebook, VLC Player and BS Player (btw, this app is great, seems to play almost anything with no problems, even these damned pesky .mkv movie files) and all worked with no issues. I've liked it so much that I even dropped a small donation to the Cyanogen mod guys.

Btw, if anyone here ever updates that Cyanogenmod Wiki or knows anyone who does, maybe you could pass along that they should update it to say those instructions only work for CM7. Or at least tell how to do both CM7 and CM9 in it. The link in the wiki even points to CM9 but it won't work since they have you download and use ACMEinstaller instead of ACMEInstaller2. I'd do it myself, but I don't have an account there and I've never really done any wiki edits.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm happy to report that I installed CM9 with success.
    I wish I had done it prior to the Olympics, as it would have allowed me to stream the event while out of the house.

Once I sorted out the issue of using the wrong Acmeinstaller, the install went smoothly and OS runs really well!

Its not webOS, but getting a new to play around with without shelling out a pile of cash is very cool
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Thank you sooo much for your great instructions! I installed CM9 very smoothly. All thanks to your detailed, but not overly technical information. Super site, I learned a lot about my Touchpad and myself!
    Please some one help me to come out of lock screen asking gmail account login .

I have tried to format the system, clearing cache etc in cwm. I didn't want to lose the data in my android.
    *CM10* Now...

You might want to play with CM10 (Jelly Bean) too - in an extremely 'not quite ready' but very useable/testing state of development for the TP:

How to install jcsullins Jelly Bean 4.1.1 CM10 Preview on the HP TouchPad & keep your CM9 Setup - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

It seems EXCELLENT and smooth too!

Usual early No Vid or Mic glitches tho..

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/24/2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Hi,

I am just about to get into putting Android on my TP, and it seems that the links to CWM and the ACMEInstaller provided in the first post are no good. Am I missing something?

These are:
    Clockworkmod
    Goo.im Downloads - Browsing update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip

New ACMEInstaller
    goo-inside.me - acmeinstaller downloads
    thanks,
    Toby.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd15 View Post
    Hi,

I am just about to get into putting Android on my TP, and it seems that the links to CWM and the ACMEInstaller provided in the first post are no good. Am I missing something?

These are:
    I too found the links on first page to not work, i found these to work, at least in a downloading way - still prepping to load Android on my TP.

Good luck

CWM
    Goo.im Downloads - Downloading update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip

ACMEInstaller2
    Goo.im Downloads - Downloading ACMEInstaller2

I hope these are the correct files - please let me know if they should be something different
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    mral777,

Thanks for the links. I Googled around and found the files, well, at least something close, and I got CM9 installed. It was a bit nerve-wracking as the closest I got for CWM was a file called "recovery-clockwork-tenderloin-1012.zip". However, it seems to all be running just fine.

It took me a while to discover that I needed ACMEInstaller2, the "2" being the operative part, despite the first page's instructions referencing the previous version.

The links will be great for people following on along.
    thanks,
    Toby.