Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Thank you for this excellent "how to".

I'm getting:

"C:\Program files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2
    failed to connect to server"

Any ideas?
    went through all the steps everything worked as described in the "Getting stared guide" basically got to step 4 then having a problem. As described I waited for it to boot and got into clockworkmod loaded the zip file then backed up for the reboot. When I did I expected it to reboot to android but it goes to webos. I shut it down and waited for the reboot and my screen looks like this
    moboot 0.3.5 (thats in white and can not choose it)
    boot webos (in blue as are all the following)
    boot clockworkmod
    boot webos recovery
    reboot
    shutdown

So I downloaded the uninstaller figuring I screwed something up along the way the uninstaller worked and I tried the process again with the same results. So I figured maybe I got a bad file or something so I waited until the next day re-down loaded all the files and tried again with the same results. Not sure if this is the issue but I tried to install the newest nightly build. Will try the more stable version next
    Last edited by tifter; 08/01/2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: more updated info
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedByKnaves View Post
    Thank you for this excellent "how to".

I'm getting:

"C:\Program files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2
    failed to connect to server"

Any ideas?
    I don't know what causes the error but do you have the moboot and clockwork mod files in c:\cminstall on your computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
    I don't know what causes the error but do you have the moboot and clockwork mod files in c:\cminstall on your computer?
    I have them in the Palm, Inc directory of the computer and \cminstall on the Touchpad. <Pauses to reread the instructions...> yes, I think that's what it says...

Thanks for your quick response.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Oops, yes on the touchpad.
    JaakLeen likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
    Oops, yes on the touchpad.
    I have decided to move over to a nightly from Alpha 2 and need a little help. I screwed something up that took a while to fix when I updated to Alpha 2 and I want to be sure I do not do it again.

I understand I download and install the nightly but do I also download and install a new Moboot, Clockworkmod and ACMEInstaller again too?

Thanks.
    Nope, just boot into CWM and install the nightly zip from the sdcard.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Nope, just boot into CWM and install the nightly zip from the sdcard.
    Thank you.

Okay. When I updated from Alpha 1 to 2 it would not let me dual boot any longer. I had to wipe everything off, Dr. the TP and start over. I was told it was because I didn't reinstall Moboot again.

So for the nightly, just place the zip file on the TP boot to CWM and install it? Seems pretty easy...
    I jumped on the latest nightly and I am a little suprised that a few of my games no long work. I guess I have to edit the build prop again.

Has anyone got Hulu Plus working?

Also...have to find a working google bundle.

SlideIT keyboard is not working for me on nightly 8-03. Going to miss that keyboard. Anyone else having this issue? Any way to change the keyboard settings on the default one?

Also the mail icon still does not work. I thought that would be fixed. Oh, well.
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 08/03/2012 at 08:42 PM.
    You might want to do a wipe in cwm recovery then reinstall tne nightly due to your issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    You might want to do a wipe in cwm recovery then reinstall tne nightly due to your issues.
    Done. SlideIT is working and mail is working, cool.

I guess I have to edit my build prop name again since some of me EA and Game loft games are not working. Is this still common?

Also, hulu plus still does not work. Is there a fix for it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 08/04/2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Done. SlideIT is working and mail is working, cool.

I guess I have to edit my build prop name again since some of me EA and Game loft games are not working. Is this still common?

Also, hulu plus still does not work. Is there a fix for it?

Thanks.
    Yes, once you update to a new nightly, any build prop settings you changed are overwritten.

Can you tell me what changes you made? I have been unsuccessful getting games I was interested in to work with changes I made in the past.

Reverend Kyle's instructional video is the only way I know to get July working on android. His video works, but watch the whole thing because there's a part where he says "that's it you're done" but there is actually one more important step that he remembers a couple miņutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Yes, once you update to a new nightly, any build prop settings you changed are overwritten.

Can you tell me what changes you made? I have been unsuccessful getting games I was interested in to work with changes I made in the past.

Reverend Kyle's instructional video is the only way I know to get July working on android. His video works, but watch the whole thing because there's a part where he says "that's it you're done" but there is actually one more important step that he remembers a couple miņutes later.

Thanks, I will check out that video. I remember seeing it in the past but I was hoping that with the new Hulu app, there would be a build prop we could change to for it to work.

On the build prop...

I have made the following changes to the build prop and was able to intstall a few of the games I had before. Here is what I used:

ro.product.model=SGH-T989
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=SGH-T989
    ro.product.device=SGH-T989
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 08/06/2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Is there a way to transfer bookmarks to the CM9 browser? I connected my TP to my computer after saving a new bookmark and tried to find a file that was recently modified, but didnt find one that looked like bookmarks. I have about 50 bookmarks i want to add and would hope it would be easy.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by calbundy View Post
    Is there a way to transfer bookmarks to the CM9 browser? I connected my TP to my computer after saving a new bookmark and tried to find a file that was recently modified, but didnt find one that looked like bookmarks. I have about 50 bookmarks i want to add and would hope it would be easy.
    Thanks
    Try using Chrome on CM9 and also on your computer. You'll need to be signed into both browser locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Try using Chrome on CM9 and also on your computer. You'll need to be signed into both browser locations.
    Kinda a newbie here, do i download chrome from amazon app store?
    Quote Originally Posted by calbundy View Post
    Kinda a newbie here, do i download chrome from amazon app store?
    Got it! Thanks a bunch!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode!
    You can get one too!

>> minecraftcodes.me <<
    The link for the correct Nightly build is dead, does anyone have one that works?

Never mind, I misread the part about renaming the file.