Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i just tested it out in a guest account, when i double clicked on that universal novacom file a box popped up asking if i wanted to dl the driver. i said yes then soon after i got a box pop up asking for admin login. so i guess you do need admin access. not really sure if those files i emailed would work with yours. no harm in trying i guess.
    Couldn't hurt I'm not sure how to give it admin access on mine as it doesn't ask for it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i think the only thing i added to the palm, inc folder was acmeinstaller2 and acmeuninstaller. everything else came from when i ran novacom
    i think the only thing i added to the palm, inc folder was acmeinstaller2 and acmeuninstaller. everything else came from when i ran novacom
    Right... I just mean that all of that other stuff was inside the novacom folder, right? somewhere... maybe not directly in Palm, Inc. Or could you give me a by-folder list. like what goes in Palm, Inc and what goes in novacom, and what goes in a folder that's in novacom, etc.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    well, what i emailed you is exactly how it looks after novacom runs. i did not physically move any files to the palm,inc folder. they automatically go there once you run novacom. the exception is the 2 acme files that i did move there.
    well, what i emailed you is exactly how it looks after novacom runs. i did not physically move any files to the palm,inc folder. they automatically go there once you run novacom. the exception is the 2 acme files that i did move there.
    Ok... I'll just move the files as they are directly into Palm, inc then. And see if that works. as they should be separated corrected into folders if I understand you correctly. You have a screen shot of it by chance? That would be easier to understand.
    From the looks of it, I could just extract the files perfectly into my Palm, Inc and that should work. As they should be the same files since we both have Windows 7-64bit
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The files should be in:
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc

And look like:
    Folder-novacomd
    Folder-terminal
    file-novacom.exe
    file-ACMEInstaller2
    file-ACMEUninstaller

Search for cmd.exe, right click on it, select "run as admin".
    cd C:\ProgramFiles\Palm, Inc (enter)
    novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2 (enter) (this will install the moboot and clockworkmod zip files)
    Anyone having issues with email? Everything is set up properly but it looks like its constantly Loading Messages... Also, the time always resets after a shut down so its a few hours off when it boots.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    So I have 2 TPs running Alpha 2 that have been fairly stable for a long time.
    The wireless definately worked better under 0.6 but the wife and I have just learned to use Airplane mode when we're away from the house and that seems to work.

I just bought 3 of the W00t Refurb units and finally cracked the box on the irst one for my wife's sister a few nights ago.

What I am wondering is, do you all have a relatively stable build you can recommend that's newer than Alpha 2.0? I would love to have a working Mic because she uses some Android VOIP App to keep in touch with her friends, but I would rather have a stable build before I go worrying about other features.

Will need all GApps working as well since this will effectively become her primary computer for a while. (So if the version has any known issues with GApps not working, please call that out)

Once I get hers up and running, and I determine how stable the build is, I plan to do 2 more this way for a good friend and my mom.

Thanks All
    Install webOS Quick Install, it automatically installs Novacom.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Finally got the nerve to do this this morning and I must say it was a breeze. No issues thus far with the latest nightly, super smooth. Impressed!
    -Cochese-
    I got a lot of Visor stuff
    Okay, I was waiting for somebody else to man up, but these forums are getting slower by the day so I'll be that guy:

So how far down the list do you think the TP ranks for CM10?

I know the xoom, transformer, and transformer prime are already being worked on.

I'd guess the Fire and Galaxy tabs would slot in above the TP in terms of demand for CM10.

what else?
    Done, thanks
    Last edited by lilola8; 07/19/2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Fixed
  14.    #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Okay, I was waiting for somebody else to man up, but these forums are getting slower by the day so I'll be that guy:

So how far down the list do you think the TP ranks for CM10?

I know the xoom, transformer, and transformer prime are already being worked on.

I'd guess the Fire and Galaxy tabs would slot in above the TP in terms of demand for CM10.

what else?
    Not far. In fact, it's already running on the Touchpad right now and should hit a release point pretty damn soon. CM10 shares alot with CM9, so much of what is needed to get it running is already done, this one should be a pretty fast release altogether.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  15.    #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilola8 View Post
    Done, thanks
    Good to hear you fixed it, I was just about to reply when you edited your post .

Enjoy CM9, it really is an amazing OS.

App suggestions to get you started (assuming you're new to CM9):

netflix
    dolphin browser HD
    google currents
    es file explorer (great for using HD shares over the network, makes transfer/media watching much easier etc)
    screen filter (allows lower-brightness than the minimum for more comfortable late-night use)
    google chrome
    friendcaster
    mxplayer
    crackle
    stitcher radio
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Finally installed in it. Looks pretty nice! I don't mind the camera doesn't work, but is there a way to get rid of the camera error message that pops up from time to time?

Oh, and Google Search keeps on crashing as well. Pretty frustrating for a guy coming from webOS and using just type a lot Anyone else has this happening?
    Last edited by spud101; 07/21/2012 at 08:28 AM.
    WHEN I GET DONE WITH ALL THE STEPS TO THE CYNOGEN MOD I GO TO COMMAND PROMPT AND PUT IN THE CODES NOTHING HAPPEN MY TOUCHPAD DOESNT RUN THE CODE BUT WHEN I EXIT COMMAND PROMPT IT SHOWS A HP LOGO AND FREEZES
    Caps lock is not cruise control for cool. Just sayin'

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ok quick question I am running CM9 5-9 nightly build. So far no issues so I am wondering if I should update to the newest build. Is it better or should I stick with what I have ( if its not broke don't fix it)? Or should I wait for CM10? Also if I do update do I have to reinstall all the apps and settings?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beanctr10 View Post
    ok quick question I am running CM9 5-9 nightly build. So far no issues so I am wondering if I should update to the newest build. Is it better or should I stick with what I have ( if its not broke don't fix it)? Or should I wait for CM10? Also if I do update do I have to reinstall all the apps and settings?
    I would definitively update - after you made a Nandroid backup. A lot of improvements have been made in the past 2 months: working microphone, better WiFi driver, updated display driver.