Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Hi,

since update v0 to v0.5, I have two icons "galerie" with one of them with settings giving a dark screen.
    I've noticed soo that agenda doesn't synchronize with google calendar. It was OK before update.

I guess it's an gapps problem. When I do the update, I'vnt touch to the three files (google apps and fix). Do I have to install the new apps with is available in the first post ? If yes, what is necessary to do before (something with "wipe cache" I've read but I can't find it) ?
    Thanks for your help.
    fwiw, this is great but
    1. alpha 0 was more stable than 0.5 for me...
    2. webOS is better
    Quote Originally Posted by piotr View Post
    since update v0 to v0.5, I have two icons "galerie" with one of them with settings giving a dark screen.
    I've noticed soo that agenda doesn't synchronize with google calendar. It was OK before update.
    I noticed this too. They have different package names (can't remember where I spotted that), so I assume the Gallery is part of CM9 rather than the Google Apps package, and the name was changed between 0.0 and 0.5.

Both mine work, with one version having a lower resolution (only 6 images fit in landscape rather than about 12). However, the lower resolution one has some options available under Settings while the higher resolution one has a blank Settings screen.

Looking in Settings > Apps > All one is 748KB (v1.1.30682), and the other is 1.05MB (also showing v1.1.30682).

A long press on each in the recent apps list allows us to see the App Info, which shows that the low resolution one with the Settings options is the 1.05MB file, while the high resolution one without Settings is the 748KB one.

If you click Disable you get a message about the potential to cause issues for other apps, as the Gallery is built-in.

I think it's probably best to leave both there for now - both seem to work - and I'm sure it will get tidied up in a later release.

Spyke
  4.    #64  
    In many cases during an alpha cycle, new alphas won't be as stable as old ones. Case in point is the cm7 alphas, which started our pretty stable and working with things like netflix, then got progressively worse at displaying video.

The end result will be nice and stable, it just takes awhile to get there. I'm excited about ics because it opens up tons of applications and capabilities webOS may never have, and does it in a buttery smooth OS that feels like it was made for the touchpad (and has definite shades of webOS shining through).

At the end of the day I like webOS too, and its still a reboot away if I feel like using it. No complaints here about having choices and new interesting capabilities.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Moboy1 likes this.
    Sure, it's alpha version and to have two icons of the galery isn't a big problem !
    I'm more disapointed by the synchronisation of the calendar because it's a major problem under webos.
    Do you think that install last google apps can fix the pb ?
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The ability to boot back onto webos is always available, it is just with ICS I find no reason to do so (Please no lectures about multitasking, I know a lot of you dig that stuff but it is irrelevant to me).

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The ability to boot back onto webos is always available
    Is there a recommended app to reboot the Touchpad from CM9? I looked through the Market but they seem a mixed bag, ask for some odd permissions, and some either appear not to do a full restart or go into a deeper recovery mode.

At the moment I'm doing a long press to shut down, but then I have to press again after leaving the Touchpad for a few seconds to reboot. I've had the 'black screen of death' once during this process, requiring a power-volume button eventually to get things started, so it would be nice to just tap on an app and let it boot back into my default (which is currently webOS, for Zinio and iPlayer - as my wife won't want to be fussed with selecting boot options!).

Spyke
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Is there a recommended app to reboot the Touchpad from CM9? I looked through the Market but they seem a mixed bag, ask for some odd permissions, and some either appear not to do a full restart or go into a deeper recovery mode.

At the moment I'm doing a long press to shut down, but then I have to press again after leaving the Touchpad for a few seconds to reboot. I've had the 'black screen of death' once during this process, requiring a power-volume button eventually to get things started, so it would be nice to just tap on an app and let it boot back into my default (which is currently webOS, for Zinio and iPlayer - as my wife won't want to be fussed with selecting boot options!).

Spyke
    I've found rebooting out of ICS is sometimes buggy. I think the issue is it doesn't completely shut-down, so it looks like it did but the device won't power back up.

If that happens, I find the easiest way to fix it is to hold power/home buttons simultaneously for 15-20 seconds. That'll get it rebooting. I imagine it's a bug that'll be worked out as they move out of alphas on ICS.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The ability to boot back onto webos is always available, it is just with ICS I find no reason to do so (Please no lectures about multitasking, I know a lot of you dig that stuff but it is irrelevant to me).

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    My biggest and really only reason I boot into webOS quite frequently right now is that ICS is currently eating battery at a rather fast rate . Yeah, I prefer webOs multitasking as much as the next guy but ICS does the job well enough that it doesn't bother me. All the apps I need are there without any fuss, and many of those apps do a significantly better job than their webOS counterparts (if there even IS a webOS counterpart).

I'm not sitting around a charger at the moment, so when I'm sitting here taking notes etc I need enough battery life to get through a decent day of work. WebOS does it without breaking a sweat, but when I tried it in ICS I burned through the battery too quickly.

I have no doubt it'll be fixed, and honestly, the difference isn't HUGE, but until it's solidly giving me webos-like battery life I can't use it 100%. Give me the battery-life and, well, ICS feels like it was made for this tablet. I doubt the little quirks will be enough to make me spend 1+ minute waiting on the tablet to boot back into webOS.

10.    #70  
    I added some info to the original post, namely, about the touchscreen fix that just got released on 0.5 to help with the swiping issues and uber-sensitivity some are seeing.

You can find the file here:
    Techerrata Downloads - Downloading tenderloin-ts-fix-alpha0.5.zip

Download it to the touchpad, reboot into clockworkmod, and install it.

As others, I'm lost in many posts...and forums.
    I have installed the upgrade v0.5 without problem (so I had the old gapps with a fix). Everythings work well except the synchronisation of the agenda and two galery. (No pb with wifi, no pb with touch sensitivity, no pb with USB connexion if I uncheck USB debogging in settings, no probleme with titanium if I check USB debogging !)
    If I've understood, it's necessary to upload new gapps with this link : http://goo-inside.me....0.3_v10.4.zip.

My question is what is necessary to do before install this file ?

Should I do format system and cache before. If yes, i have to reinstall CM9 too ?
    Should I do only wipe cache partition ? And what about wipe data and factory reset ?
    I've made a backup. If it's possible, I would like to have not to reconfigure CM9 again.
    Thanks for your help.
    looks like i'm the only person that had problems installing ICS. I followed the instuctions but couldn't get an option to reboot into clockworkmod. My only options were Webos & CM9.
    Any1 else have this issue & do i need to uninstall or start over from the part where the computer starts writing files on the TP.ssssssss
    First off thank you for the tutorial.
    I updated to 3.0.5 after installing CM9 and it refused to load into WebOS. It loads into Android fine. Any suggestions?
    Before the update the dual boot worked fine but now it just acts like it is going to load. It loads the HP symbol and then just freezes. I have let it sit for minutes and nothing happens. Android and moboot work fine.
    Last edited by cyberdalek; 01/26/2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: forgot stuff
    Never mind, I figured it out. It took a WebOS doctor and a reinstall of Moboot, CM9 and Clockworkmod. Not sure what happened but I am just glad I fixed it because CM9 is awesome.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'm finding that I like CM7 better for some reason.

ICS looks very odd?!?

Also keep in mind you don't have to use ACMEUninstaller

Just run the ACMEInstaller2 and wipe your cache and davlik before.

You will keep all your data ect.
    After upgrading from CM9 A0 to CM9 A0.5, ever now and then, I get a "android.process.media stopped working" error....I click on it and it goes away for a bit, but does occasionally come back. Also it pops up after every reboot.

Anyone gota solution to this issue?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Thanks a lot for this. I'm a bit of a (read as "massive") noob when it comes to my touchpad and i found this really easy!
    One question though. Can i move apps onto the "sd card" section of memory, and if so, how?

Edit: In fact, how do i get into my files at all? On my phone, i have "my files". Can't seem to find it on here?
    Last edited by james_m2603; 01/27/2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Is there an overclocking app for ICS? Is there any app that tells me the CPU clock speed? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just awesome!
    Thank so much for the hard work.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    @chunglau

Try SetCPU (requires a kernel; check rootzwiki touchpad forums for the bricked kernel)
    Rom Toolbox (appears to overclock to 1.7 ghz without a kernel but not proven
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast