Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Angry Birds is no longer free,...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So...still no release candidate just cause a camera won't work? You'd think people actually use the camera on tablets...

Anyways, now that Google has apparently released 4.1 sourcecode, how long till CM10 or whatever comes out lol.

And for the one serious question, say I want to update my build...how will that affect data from like game saves and such?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    And for the one serious question, say I want to update my build...how will that affect data from like game saves and such?
    It won't. You usually only have to do a dalvic wipe when do major upgrades to the OS or switching to different ROMs.
    Love the new boot animation on today's nightly. My last nightly was a few weeks ago so I have yet to see it if it was released before today. The nightly I installed on 6-28 fixed my Wi-Fi problem and the sound messing up when my TP went into sleep mode but it messed up Netflix sound. Hopefully this new version will fix that.

Edit: I can't log on to my Google account. None of the Google Apps are working. Any suggestions? Do I need to reload my GApps zip? If so whats the easiest way?
    Last edited by cyberdalek; 07/10/2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Has anyone who updated to the 07-10-12 nightly have trouble not being able to connect to wifi? Went back to 07-09-12 nightly and wifi works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by billmny View Post
    Has anyone who updated to the 07-10-12 nightly have trouble not being able to connect to wifi? Went back to 07-09-12 nightly and wifi works fine.
    Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be an issue although it the indicator stays grey. I have no problem with signal.
    Did you have any issue with the Google apps on today's?
    Nevermind. Fixed it. I had to go back to 07-09 nightly and reflash an older version of the GApps. All but calender works. It tells me calender isn't installed. Meh, I don't use it on the TP anyway.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Ncinerate,

Thanks so much for your work in your threads. I've just sent a well earned donation your way. You have allow me to successfully set up 4 HP TouchPads. On top of that my daughter was wanting to get a tablet for my son-in-law. I suggested that unless she was wanting to spend $350-$400 that she could get a TouchPad for about $200 - which will practically do everything that all those more expensive tablets do. Well she did pick up one on a 1 day sale (and so did I for my wife). Coming to visit my daughter and son-in-law he already had set up his TouchPad bases on your other thread - but he really wanted ICS installed. Nervously I followed your link - followed your detailed instructions and CM9 was installed perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to make setting up our TouchPads a breeze. My TouchPad already had CM7 installed. I only boot up into it for Netfix - I have no interest in CM9 - but my wife will probably want it installed on hers - and now I know I can do it.

Thanks again for everything,
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
    Thanks for this amazing thread! Bought 2 Touchpads about 3 weeks ago for my fiance and I. I took the plunge and installed CM9 (Nightly build 7/12). I also used the newer gapps zip (20120429). Everything worked perfectly, no problems whatsoever.

I gotta say, what a wake up call installing CM9 was. Depressing that Android runs better on a webOS device than webOS itself. I wish I could say I'll boot into webOS again but I don't think I can...

Thanks again guys! Definitely will be sticking around! I gotta say that buying a Touchpad was one of the better decisions I've made.
    Hey, ncinerate, I've been looking thru your tutorials, but I seem to be having an issue even after following the steps. I have everything ready on the HP Touchpad to be installed and I get it ready and in USB mode.

However, when I use any of the novacom installers, I never get the novacom.exe file. I get a novacomd folder with amd64 in it, but inside the amd64 folder it either installs nothing, or it has a .tmp file.

The service will generally show up in the services windows, but if I stop and restart it gives me an error saying that it can't find it. If I right-click, properties on the services, the path for the file is what I want... It leads to Palm, Inc, but the file isn't actually there.

For reference, I have Windows 7 64-bit.

If you could possibly hit me with a response at brandonkula@gmail that would be easiest as I can check that faster.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i used windows 7 64, and had no issues with novacom. not sure where you got yours, but i used the one from here Downloads - universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i used windows 7 64, and had no issues with novacom. not sure where you got yours, but i used the one from here Downloads - universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting
    Ya, I used the same one. Most tutorials follow the same path, so I believe I went thru everything correctly. Using either the quickinstall or Jason's installer, it never gives me anything else. novacomd folder inside Palm, Inc. nothing else in Palm, Inc as I haven't copied the installer there right now. Inside novacomd folder, only amd64. Inside amd64, only .tmp file if anything. I never find a file novacom.exe I've seen other people's set up and mine just doesn't look the same. I thought all I would have to do is click to install novacominstaller, and push install and let it do the rest.

I haven't tried the quick installer with the TP in webOS mode, would that work?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i dont think i've ever used webos quick install for getting androind on my tp. as for your other question, yea there should be a lot more files in there. i'll email you my palm, inc folder and you can take a look at what else is in there and see whats the difference.
    i dont think i've ever used webos quick install for getting androind on my tp. as for your other question, yea there should be a lot more files in there. i'll email you my palm, inc folder and you can take a look at what else is in there and see whats the difference.
    Ya, IDK what's going on. I'll prolly try a different computer at home tonite instead. Just wondered if anyone had actually seen this happen. It just never gives me the files. The service is there, but can't be stopped and started, or restarted. Says it can't find it. Which makes sense, since I can't either.
    Also, Can I just download those from u if you are using the same OS? It gives me the option to download them.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i cant be 100% certain since i was not paying too much attention when i did it, but i think i had to give permission to install it. if you are not logged in as admin or have admin access maybe that is why it is blocking from all of it being installed
    i cant be 100% certain since i was not paying too much attention when i did it, but i think i had to give permission to install it. if you are not logged in as admin or have admin access maybe that is why it is blocking from all of it being installed
    Possibly... But, if I right-click on the installation, it doesn't give me the option to Run-as-Adminstrator. So, IDK... I can't remember if there is a way to do that through another menu/property.
    Also, it couldn't hurt to try. I might download the ones that you sent and see if those work at all and if not, just try another computer after attempting to find a way to run-as-admin.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i just tested it out in a guest account, when i double clicked on that universal novacom file a box popped up asking if i wanted to dl the driver. i said yes then soon after i got a box pop up asking for admin login. so i guess you do need admin access. not really sure if those files i emailed would work with yours. no harm in trying i guess.
    Everything in that folder was in Palm, Inc? or were some of them in subfolders?