Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I had to remake that folder to reinstall it....I can't remember been a couple weeks since I did it. Maybe it was there....not sure. I've never used cyboot. I installed the AOKP version, it automatically loads webOS.
    You are correct the CMinstall folder is deleted after Acmeinstaller2 is run, and needs to be recreated in order to run Acmeinstaller2 again.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Probably wouldn't hurt, but I have doctored without removing Android, and it seemed to work fine. I did have to reinstall Android afterwards....I had to remake the cminstall folder, drop the 3 files in there, use the ACMEInstaller, etc....all file structures in the USB partition were still there though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Android should stay exactly where it is throughout Doctoring webOS (I have just had to do doctoring because the inept webOS 'Photos and Videos' App managed to 'lose' hundreds of pictures - Duh!).. also your 'cminstall' folder should remain as was... you may have to reinstall 'Moboot' via 'ACMEInstaller2' to get the webOS App 'Cyboot' to 're-see' Android though?

Sledege007 & Mutoidi
    Appreciate the input. After thinking about it`s not really a lot of work to reinstall both systems. As they say a house is only as strong as it's foundation. Going forward I'll just have to be attentive to the files I move,delete or try to modify in webos. But hey, learn from one's mistakes. One has to be mindful when using Internalz Pro or Commander.

Again thanks
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help - I'm up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    You are correct the CMinstall folder is deleted after Acmeinstaller2 is run, and needs to be recreated in order to run Acmeinstaller2 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by frazam View Post
    I followed the instruction without any issues but when starting the touchpad I have no cyanogenmod option to select in moboot. Ugg!

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Okay, I'm having the exact same problem & see that you've fixed it...but I'm not figuring it out. I uninstalled CM7 using acmeuninstaller and am trying to install the latest nightly (20120611). Everything looks like it installs fine, but I don't get the Cyan option in moboot.

I saw the posts about recreating the CMinstall folder - but it still showed on my TP along with the nightly file (though not moboot or cwm) when I browsed to it in webos. I went ahead & deleted it, put the three files back in and ran acmeinstaller again. Same result - everything looked fine but I don't get a cyanogenmod option in moboot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Copy the nightly update (whichever one you feel comfortable with) to a directory on the TP (e.g. /download).

Boot into CWM and install it as a zip file.

That worked for me.

Alan
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratemark View Post
    Okay, I'm having the exact same problem & see that you've fixed it...but I'm not figuring it out. I uninstalled CM7 using acmeuninstaller and am trying to install the latest nightly (20120611). Everything looks like it installs fine, but I don't get the Cyan option in moboot.

I saw the posts about recreating the CMinstall folder - but it still showed on my TP along with the nightly file (though not moboot or cwm) when I browsed to it in webos. I went ahead & deleted it, put the three files back in and ran acmeinstaller again. Same result - everything looked fine but I don't get a cyanogenmod option in moboot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I believe your issue is that the AcmeInstaller2 needs a file with update in its name. The nightlies have changed their naming scheme and no longer start with update. You can rename the 0611 nightly to update-cm-9-20120611-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip and you should be good to go. Or just use ClockWorkMod and install zip from SD to install the nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I believe your issue is that the AcmeInstaller2 needs a file with update in its name. The nightlies have changed their naming scheme and no longer start with update. You can rename the 0611 nightly to update-cm-9-20120611-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip and you should be good to go. Or just use ClockWorkMod and install zip from SD to install the nightly.
    Yep, that fixed it. Thank you! Now I see why everyone said to upgrade to CM9 from CM7 - it's much nicer!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Doing Nightlys. Voice Search is now popping up all the time. Can't close it so I reboot.

Question: Where do I report bugs? Where can I see Nightly release notes?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts

Bump.

The 0625 nightly is marked as RC1 (Release Candidate 1). Big news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    Bump.

The 0625 nightly is marked as RC1 (Release Candidate 1). Big news.
    Nice!
    Do you have a link to 0625 (rc1)? I'm only seeing 0624 still on my two sources?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Do you have a link to 0625 (rc1)? I'm only seeing 0624 still on my two sources?
    It's not there yet, but it's been announced in the changelog at:

CM9 Nightlies Changelog - Tenderloin
    i'm ready to jump to nightlies or at least to RC1 but can't find it as well? has anyone tried 0626? and can someone please point me to the latest Gapps link? last time i installed CM9 Alpha, i had lots of trouble as I've downloaded a couple of outdated files.

another noob question, do i have to reinstall all the apps that I currently have on my CM9 Alpha touchpad once I updated to nightlies?

thanks in advance
    NOTE: After writing this message, I found information on another forum indicating that there is at least one developer still working on the camera. Rather that delete my post, I've decided to leave it, so that my confused state of elation and frustration can remain documented for all ages (at least until it's pruned).

ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

It appears the Release Candidate moniker will not be applied to the TouchPad version of CM9. They can't get the camera working, and I fear there will not be any further attempts to fix it.

I don't fully understand why they couldn't at least make as much progress as they had with CM7, where the camera did work with a couple of apps (I think it worked as a video, but not a still camera). I would expect different drivers for CM7 and CM9, but didn't they learn anything from the CM7 development? There must be at least some insight that can be gained from the CM7 partial success.

The information they need to develop working drivers is out there. HP may be sitting on it because it's really owned by the company that built and sold them the cameras. Of course, it's also possible that HP may be sitting on it just to be petty. End users can never really know what goes on in those ritzy cubicles (most now vacant) at HP HQ. But if the needed device info isn't available through HP, is there any way CM developers can approach the original camera manufacturer? How much would it cost to license the use for CM9? Could we take up a collection?

I am so very pleased with CM9 on my TouchPads, but I can't help but feel a little abandoned. No camera. No Release Candidate.

Meanwhile, the latest (629) version is available on the official downloads, but I don't think there have been any TouchPad-specific changes in several days.
    Last edited by Do Not Touch; 06/29/2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Updated Information
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    So, I've finally broken down and installed ICS on my touchpad.
    Figured I should at least see what all the fuss was about.
    Took three or four tries; had the same problem of no option to boot into CM, just webos or clockwork.
    No idea what I did wrong, but wiped the cache and reloaded from the zip and boom there it was.
    Not bad, so far; but I see why Webos fans miss the simplicity of use that the touchpad has.
    Meanwhile I now have to try to get my wi-fi working. . .
    Guess it's always something.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Had no luck with the Wi-fi, so I updated to the latest nightly build; just for kicks.
    Boom, now the Wi-fi works.

Still absolutely no idea why, so I'm just gonna roll with it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    what are the steps needed to take in order to get the touchpad back to how it was before any version of android or their files were installed on the touchpad? will just running webos doctor do that?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    well i ran webos doctor and that seemed to clear out everything android related. went through the steps of setting up my webos account again, and everything went fine except angry birds wont download now.