Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jyjjy View Post
    There are no special versions of the acmeinstaller or clockworkmod for the nightlies nor should they need it. The links on the first page are working fine for me.
    Must have been a problem with the site. Working for me now, as well.
    I have installed CM9 nightly build using a version of CM9 from last month

How can I upgrade to the latest release?

thanks!
    I have come back to this thread after being away for a while and hopefully someone can answer a question. I have ICS alpha 2.0 on my TP and am ready to move to the nightly builds. Is there a series of simple steps to install the nightly, or do I have to delete everything and start from scratch.

Thanks in advance.
    This is covered in the first post...

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:

Already have CM9 on your touchpad and want to upgrade to a more recent version that has been released?

First, download the new version of android, and drag/drop it into your touchpad in an easily accessable place (/media/internal is easiest, just go into webOS, put the device into usb mode, then drag/drop the file into it).

Now reboot your touchpad, and when it enters Moboot, select clockworkmod.

Once there, you need to select the "wipe cache partition" option. Next, go into advanced, and wipe dalvik cache.

Finally, select the option to install from a zip on the SD card, and from there, select the newest CM9 file that you downloaded/drag and dropped into the touchpad.

A few minutes later, you'll be staring at a nice new shiny build. Bear in mind that as these builds are still in ALPHA stages, it is possible new builds will bring with them new problems and may not always be as stable as the build you left behind.

Get the newest nightly from here. CyanogenMod Downloads
    Stupid me. I read through it and missed it. Ugh. THanks.

Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:

Already have CM9 on your touchpad and want to upgrade to a more recent version that has been released?

First, download the new version of android, and drag/drop it into your touchpad in an easily accessable place (/media/internal is easiest, just go into webOS, put the device into usb mode, then drag/drop the file into it).

Once there, you need to select the "wipe cache partition" option. Next, go into advanced, and wipe dalvik cache.

Finally, select the option to install from a zip on the SD card, and from there, select the newest CM9 file that you downloaded/drag and dropped into the touchpad.

A few minutes later, you'll be staring at a nice new shiny build. Bear in mind that as these builds are still in ALPHA stages, it is possible new builds will bring with them new problems and may not always be as stable as the build you left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:

Thanks - sorry I missed it.

Just to be doubly sure, these instructions are the same irrespective of whether you have a Stable Alpha release or one of the recent nightly builds of CM9?

Also, do we need Novacom drivers or WebOS doctor / preware for this? (I see none of the instructions seem to need it. The TP is available as a USB drive on laptop when plugged even if you dont have Novacom drivers. I still ask because currently I dont have a laptop with admin rights.)

Just curious -- can we not connect the TP as a USB storage drive to laptop when booted into Android CM9? Havent experimented myself.
    You can and probably should create a backup in clockwork mod before you flash the new nightly.

It is possible to connect the touch pad to a CPU but I have just been using the airdroid app to transfer files.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I have come back to this thread after being away for a while and hopefully someone can answer a question. I have ICS alpha 2.0 on my TP and am ready to move to the nightly builds. Is there a series of simple steps to install the nightly, or do I have to delete everything and start from scratch.

Thanks in advance.
    Do as has already been posted. But be aware that it may kill your google apps. If it does, you may want to check out my post where I have an interesting conversation with myself and then figure out how to fix it

The latest update seems nice though.
    It looks like we've got a microphone fix in testing. I'm not sure how to post links here, so here's the thread in rootzwiki:

<http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18442-rom-unofficial-cm9-nightly-builds/page__st__1840>

I've installed it on the 0609 nightly and was able to get Shazam working.

This is a big deal. Now, if they could just get the camera working.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    If you are enjoying the CM9 on your TouchPad please consider helping Goo.im free android file hosting they need to raise $20,000 for new hardware in order to continue hosting CM9 builds. Please donate.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Evening from the UK! Any ideas on the following?

Trying to setup CM9 (using nightly builds) and it gets so far, then the TP screen tells me that:

initial install files not found.
    Please download it from touchpad.linuxhacker.ru
    and put it in sminstall folder on media partition
    the name should start with update-cm and end with .zip

Many thanks!

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollom View Post

Trying to setup CM9 (using nightly builds) and it gets so far, then the TP screen tells me that:

Many thanks!

Steve
    Noticed that all but the latest 2 nightly builds start with update- so tried renaming the file but no joy. I notice that the script above says sminstall. That a typo in the install file and it should say cminstall?

Many thanks
    Because of several errors showing up in webos I need to doctor the TP. But before I take the plunge should CM9 be removed before doctoring?

(I notice that the script above says sminstall. That a typo in the install file and it should say cminstall?)

Additional steps tried so far:

Noticed that all but the latest 2 nightly builds start with update- so tried renaming the file
    Tried renaming /media/CMinstall to /media/SMinstall
    Tried downloading an earlier verion of the nightlys
    Tried adding both Gapps .zip files (the how-to implys to only download one but then refers to 2 files needing to be in the /media folder)

Many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollom View Post
    (I notice that the script above says sminstall. That a typo in the install file and it should say cminstall?)
    Additional steps tried so far:
    Noticed that all but the latest 2 nightly builds start with update- so tried renaming the file
    Tried renaming /media/CMinstall to /media/SMinstall
    Tried downloading an earlier verion of the nightlys
    Tried adding both Gapps .zip files (the how-to implys to only download one but then refers to 2 files needing to be in the /media folder)
    Many thanks
    As always, user error! I did not understand the folder structure so was placing the files in the wrong place! Confusion was aided on my own TP by the fact that Facebook installation had already added a /media folder!

Might I be so bold as to make a suggestion to cater for incompetent old fools like 'wot I am?!

Change the text in the getting started guide from "When you plug your touchpad into the computer and put it in USB mode, then explore the touchpad as a USB drive, it is automatically in the /media/internal folder"

to

"When you plug your touchpad into the computer and put it in USB mode, then explore the touchpad as a USB drive. It opens in the correct folder where to place the gapps file and from where the CMinstall folder is created. Ignore any previously created /media folder"
    Quote Originally Posted by skyone View Post
    Because of several errors showing up in webos I need to doctor the TP. But before I take the plunge should CM9 be removed before doctoring?
    Probably wouldn't hurt, but I have doctored without removing Android, and it seemed to work fine. I did have to reinstall Android afterwards....I had to remake the cminstall folder, drop the 3 files in there, use the ACMEInstaller, etc....all file structures in the USB partition were still there though.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Probably wouldn't hurt, but I have doctored without removing Android, and it seemed to work fine. I did have to reinstall Android afterwards....I had to remake the cminstall folder, drop the 3 files in there, use the ACMEInstaller, etc....all file structures in the USB partition were still there though.
    Android should stay exactly where it is throughout Doctoring webOS (I have just had to do doctoring because the inept webOS 'Photos and Videos' App managed to 'lose' hundreds of pictures - Duh!).. also your 'cminstall' folder should remain as was... you may have to reinstall 'Moboot' via 'ACMEInstaller2' to get the webOS App 'Cyboot' to 're-see' Android though?

I'm pretty sure I had to remake that folder to reinstall it....I can't remember been a couple weeks since I did it. Maybe it was there....not sure. I've never used cyboot. I installed the AOKP version, it automatically loads webOS.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I followed the instruction without any issues but when starting the touchpad I have no cyanogenmod option to select in moboot. Ugg!

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by frazam View Post
    I followed the instruction without any issues but when starting the touchpad I have no cyanogenmod option to select in moboot. Ugg!

Has anyone else had this problem?
    I think ACMEInstaller2 only 'sees' installable zips actually placed IN the 'cminstall' folder.. therefore try popping a CM9 update zip file in there and reinstalling it using ACME etc?.
    Clearly Moboot & CWMod are still recognised and 'loaded' by webOS?

~~~