Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    ^^ There have been many internal improvements since A2 that make CM9 much more stable. It would be worth your time to read back through this thread, as this has been discussed repeatedly.
    I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but I saw this morning that the attorney has succeeded in getting HP to cough up the original Wi-Fi driver source code for their Android port to the TouchPad.

It's still too soon to know if this will be at all helpful to the Android teams, but maybe the attorney can now start to work on getting the drivers for the camera and microphone (wouldn't that be nice!).
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    These are two diffferent nightlies, the first is the Official and the second is the UnOfficial. The easiest thing to do is to install GooManager, and use it to download the latest nightly. You can find the Official Nightly under cm/tenderloin/nightly and the UnOfficial Nightly under devs/eyeballer/nightly_kangs/tenderloin.
    Thanks for ur reply. Does it matter which one I install?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I personally use the Official Nightly, it is not updated as often. The Unofficial Nightly is updated just about every day, and may contain improvements a day or two before the Official Nightly.

If you are interested the Official Nightly Changelog is CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Ace
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    dhoterchor likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I personally use the Official Nightly, it is not updated as often. The Unofficial Nightly is updated just about every day, and may contain improvements a day or two before the Official Nightly.

If you are interested the Official Nightly Changelog is CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Ace
    Thank you, sir!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The builds are almost beta quality, why is CM9 not going to beta. (i don't care about camera. mic will be a nice to have with android integration)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    The builds are almost beta quality, why is CM9 not going to beta. (i don't care about camera. mic will be a nice to have with android integration)
    My guess is that they'll release a better when the 3.0 kernel is released and then continue nightlies.
    I'm using the 5/9 nightly from here:

CyanogenMod Downloads

With updated wifi drivers noted here:

WiFi issues... - HP Touchpad Experimental Mod - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 4

And she is as solid as a rock. Would be nice to have the mic working for Android voice commands...but I can live. The camera has almost no value to me...but I could see how some would like it for video chat.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I assume you install it using CWM the same way as you install the nightly builds?

Alan
    Like a few others, I am thinking about trying one of the nightly builds. I am not having any issues with my current version, except Hulu+ does not work and the e-mail app does not work. Can anyone tell me if these work with the nightly versions?
    Thanks.
    Happy to report that the wifi is working correctly - I can turn off wifi and turn it back on without needing to do the forget and re-login fix....

using the 5/9 nightly build and the experimental wifi (tenderloin) driver mention earlier in this thread...

If we can just fix the sound recording and the battery drain... but all in good time eh?

Thanks all!

Carl
    I took the plunge today and decided to upgrade from Alpha 2.0 to Nightly build, 20120513-Nightly. The upgrade seems to have worked well, but now my Play Store no longer works. In fact when I click on it, it launches and then nothing happens. I then upgraded the gapps to gapps-ics-20120317.

Was my mistake going from Alpha to Nightly? Or could there be another reason overlooked?

PS - Google Music also appears to have reset as I no longer see my albums.
    So I flashed CM9 with 4.0.3.

Installed just the OS with ACME. The system works, but

-Cant boot back into webOS (but is an option on startup)
    -No market app available

Browser works, all of that, but nothing that I really wanted from ICS.

Please help. Im a total noob. I know, i know....
    Thanks!
    Last edited by hurwitzmm; 05/15/2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Im an idiot
    No Market without gapps file installed. Also cyboot from preware (mentioned in instructions) will let you change the settings so that you can have more time to choose OS and which OS is the default boot.

Quote Originally Posted by hurwitzmm View Post
    So I flashed CM9 with 4.0.3.

Installed just the OS with ACME. The system works, but

-Cant boot back into webOS (but is an option on startup)
    -No market app available

Browser works, all of that, but nothing that I really wanted from ICS.

Please help. Im a total noob. I know, i know....
    Thanks!
  15. svp
    Can anybody walk me through (or know of a YouTube video to walk me through) uninstalling CM7 and installing CM9 on a Mac Computer please?

I found a great install CM7 on the HP Touchpad for Mac , but I need the to uninstall it and install ICS now.
    I had cm9 alpha 2 on and it was running okay, occasional Wi-Fi issues that was all. But I thought I'd upgrade to a nightly as I heard they were a lot better. I got one of tenderlion's updates (the latest) and installed it following the instructions on the thread (wipe cache etc) however, now I can't access Google play and some of the other apps have disappeared. Do I need to reinstall Google apps?
    While I am still running A2 and my original GAPPS file as well;
    I believe that it is recommended to install a recent GAPPS file when moving from A2 to a nightly

I believe the 0317 gapps is the current one.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    20120429 is the latest gapps http://goo-inside.me/gapps
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Did not know.
    The cyanogenmod wiki was listing 0317
    Thanks for the link
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Can anyone point me to a guide for a clean re-installation of cm 9 or at least outline the steps?