Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Yeah, I appreciate that. I never use CM9 so it doesn't matter. I thought I'd try it out, but it does nothing for me outside of a couple of games.
    If the acmeuninstaller does not work; there is the "remove android" in preware; then use Tailor to reclaim the space.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So I don't suppose there's a consolidated post or list of things to try when the wifi on CM9 stops working randomly? Been kind of annoying it hasn't cleared up over the past couple of days...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    So I don't suppose there's a consolidated post or list of things to try when the wifi on CM9 stops working randomly? Been kind of annoying it hasn't cleared up over the past couple of days...
    You can start here http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ml#post3302266
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    How do I uninstall CM9 if I decide I don't want it?
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie88 View Post
    How do I uninstall CM9 if I decide I don't want it?
    The link to uninstall is only six posts up from yours. Alternatively, you could run 'remove android' from preware and reclaim the space using Tailor.
    The USB cable that came with the touch pad doesn't seem to be working. When I plug it in, the touchpad doesn't charge (tried in both webOS and Android). I tried that cable with my blackberry and that device doesn't charge either. So to confirm if the USB cable has indeed gone bad, I tried charging blackberry phone with the USB cable of touchpad and the device doesn't charge.

However, my question is, am I doing any damage to the touchpad/battery using a different USB cable from the one that was supplied with it? If I try and order a new one (OEM) it might be expensive and if I go the eBay route I can find one for couple of bucks but that is going to be some generic made in china crap (no superior than the one working cable I have). So, do I really need a new cable or can I just use the one that I have now??

Also, I would greatly appreciate if somebody could post how long it takes for their touchpad to charge (for e.g 1.5 hours in Android from 15% to fully charged 100%)? I just wanna compare if this cable is working effeciently or not!

Thank you all for making this forum a great place to learn the android side of the world on touchpad!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    The link to uninstall is only six posts up from yours. Alternatively, you could run 'remove android' from preware and reclaim the space using Tailor.
    Thanks. Stupid me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoterchor View Post
    The USB cable that came with the touch pad doesn't seem to be working. When I plug it in, the touchpad doesn't charge (tried in both webOS and Android). I tried that cable with my blackberry and that device doesn't charge either. So to confirm if the USB cable has indeed gone bad, I tried charging blackberry phone with the USB cable of touchpad and the device doesn't charge.

However, my question is, am I doing any damage to the touchpad/battery using a different USB cable from the one that was supplied with it? If I try and order a new one (OEM) it might be expensive and if I go the eBay route I can find one for couple of bucks but that is going to be some generic made in china crap (no superior than the one working cable I have). So, do I really need a new cable or can I just use the one that I have now??

Also, I would greatly appreciate if somebody could post how long it takes for their touchpad to charge (for e.g 1.5 hours in Android from 15% to fully charged 100%)? I just wanna compare if this cable is working effeciently or not!

Thank you all for making this forum a great place to learn the android side of the world on touchpad!
    I found that the factory USB cable did not make good contact with my Touchpad and I had to slightly bend/crimp the opening of the USB "prong" to get it to grab the little tongue inside the USB port of the Touchpad better. Now it grabs and charges well every time I plug it in. Just be careful no to crimp it too much.

I don't think using a different cable would present any problem. Just make sure you use the Touchpad charging adapter that plugs into the wall since it applies more current to charge the Touchpad. The smaller charging adapters from the Pre phones are not large enough (from an amperage perspective) to adequately charge the Touchpad, from my understanding.
    dhoterchor likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdunnough View Post
    I found that the factory USB cable did not make good contact with my Touchpad and I had to slightly bend/crimp the opening of the USB "prong" to get it to grab the little tongue inside the USB port of the Touchpad better. Now it grabs and charges well every time I plug it in. Just be careful no to crimp it too much.

I don't think using a different cable would present any problem. Just make sure you use the Touchpad charging adapter that plugs into the wall since it applies more current to charge the Touchpad. The smaller charging adapters from the Pre phones are not large enough (from an amperage perspective) to adequately charge the Touchpad, from my understanding.
    thank you mcdunnough. I will try and bend/crimp my cable as you suggested. In case if that fails for me my blackberry's USB cable is charging it fine. Yes, I made sure to plug it in the adapter provided with touchpad!

thanks again!
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to the forum, and have succesfully installed the CM9 yesterday. Evrything is working like a charm as expected, but I dont know how to do certain things on the CM9 like creating different users (profiles or logins) for me and my wife, like I have in windows 7, so each of us can have our own password and profiles already setup for our emails, google play, etc.
    can this be done?
    where can I find a good user guide for CM9 (ICS 4.03)?

Thanks a lot for your help

OZ (Lima - Peru)
    Last edited by ozamalloa; 05/05/2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Really getting annoyed that while CM9 seems to work fine on every wifi besides mine...ugh. You'd think better wifi would be a higher priority thing to fix. Just really annoying, as it worked fine initially setting it up, but now never seems to...
    Last edited by Xezat; 05/05/2012 at 03:30 PM.
    The WiFi on muy just newly installed CM9 works flawless
    Quote Originally Posted by ozamalloa View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to the forum, and have succesfully installed the CM9 yesterday. Evrything is working like a charm as expected, but I dont know how to do certain things on the CM9 like creating different users (profiles or logins) for me and my wife, like I have in windows 7, so each of us can have our own password and profiles already setup for our emails, google play, etc.
    can this be done?
    where can I find a good user guide for CM9 (ICS 4.03)?

Thanks a lot for your help

OZ (Lima - Peru)
    ozamalloa,

check out the app called SwitchMe, it allows you to enable different profiles on the same device so you and your wife would be able to have different settings/wallpaper/etc.

I haven't had a chance to run it thoroughly but it does create two complete profiles. you'll go through the initial setup a second time when you create the second profile. really nice so far.

i'm using it on my wife's touchpad, although she likes webOS more. she doesn't really use the android side, but i've set her up a profile if she ever wants to dabble. I mainly tinker around with android every so often.

hope that helps!

kevin
    Thanks for the info!!!
    Do you know if Switchme could let me have 2 differnt user including Gmail logins, facebook, etc?
    when you set up SwitchMe, it has the default account as the first one. So lets say its your gmail account. You tap the add profile or account on the left side under the first one. ( I don't remember exactly what it says, and my wife is on it now so I can give exactly what it says) it will ask you if you're sure and that it will take up to 5 min. to set up the new account. Say yes and it'll restart the touchpad. Choose android if you have cyboot set to auto boot to webOS. Then you'll boot to android and it'll be like you're setting up a new gmail account on fresh android. Set up her gmail and it'll be like you've got two devices. Then go in settings for the app and configure how you want it to switch with profiles.

it resets the touchpad to switch profiles so you have to sit through a reboot but it really doesn't seem to take very long.

so long story short yes logins passwords and all that should be separate

what I don't know is if it shares apps. I don't think it does because it went through and downlaoded her apps and I think we had some overlap of apps.
    I just went though and set up the profiles again be because I factory wiped moving from aokp build 34 to milestone 5 I think it was. Probably didn't have to but I did just to be safe.

hope that helps!

kevin
    Last edited by kevhead; 05/07/2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: small Spelling errors and clarification
    Hey guys!

I just installed CM9 on my TouchPad for the first time, using the latest nightly build from CM downloads as well as the latest Gapps package from Rootzwiki.

Everything seems to be working fine so far, besides the things which are not suppossed to be working yet. Like the camera or microphone. After my TouchPad was finished installing all the apps I have on my Galaxy Nexus, I wanted to clean up a little bit, delete a few shortcuts, rearrange them, et cetera. Then I noticed that the "Play Music" app (formerly known as "Google Music") just isn't there. I can't find it in the market either. I then reflashed the gapps with a build that was a few days older than the one I tried first, but the music app is still MIA. The problem doesn't seem to be very widespread, as I couldn't find anything while searching the web.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Oliver

EDIT:
    Solved it, I guess. I backed up the Play Music app from my Galaxy Nexus, transferred it to the TouchPad and installed it. I just thought it would be part of the Gapps package!
    Last edited by oliB; 05/09/2012 at 06:26 AM.
    are CM9 nightly updates at these two sites same or different??

CyanogenMod Downloads (link posted by ncinerate in the OP)

Techerrata Downloads - Browsing tenderloin (link mentioned by someone earlier in this thread/forum)
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoterchor View Post
    are CM9 nightly updates at these two sites same or different??

CyanogenMod Downloads (link posted by ncinerate in the OP)

Techerrata Downloads - Browsing tenderloin (link mentioned by someone earlier in this thread/forum)
    These are two diffferent nightlies, the first is the Official and the second is the UnOfficial. The easiest thing to do is to install GooManager, and use it to download the latest nightly. You can find the Official Nightly under cm/tenderloin/nightly and the UnOfficial Nightly under devs/eyeballer/nightly_kangs/tenderloin.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    dhoterchor likes this.
    I have not updated since Alpha 2.0. For what I use it for, it's working fine. Is it still in alpha? And has a lot of notable changes occurred since to warrant an update?