Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Hi all-
    In the middle of installation, I accidentally pulled out the USB cord. Not knowing what would happen, I ran ACMEUninstaller and then ran ACMEInstaller2 again, but got the 'can't find initial files' error - I guess that I had to readd all the files back to the cminstall folder after running the uninstaller.
    Anyway once that happened I pulled out the USB cord again, but now it seems to be stuck at the command line, waiting for sometihng. Holding the power button doesn't do anything. Do I have to wait until the battery dies now?

EDIT: NOPE! Just use the Power+HOME reset trick.
    Last edited by bilditup1; 04/26/2012 at 12:33 PM.
    I just installed AOKP B34 with the 04202012 gapps file and so far things are running smooth. I never installed cm9 so I can't make a comparison.
    Brian
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    There is a little hack-app that lets you toggle the bottom bar on and off (togglebar, you can find it over at rootzwiki touchpad section somewhere - I'm too busy to look it up right now). I think someone even figured out how to hack that into the webOS-like task switcher, but I haven't been keeping up with it. You might want to check it.

I use togglebar from time to time when I want to kill the bottom bar just from it's app icon, tap it, bottom bar is gone, then I can enjoy fullscreen in whatever app was giving me issues.
    Hi ncinerate-

I know you mentioned that you were to busy to post the togglebar app hack for the Touchpad CM9, but please if you ever have a free chance could you please post the link where you got it from or the app its self.

I tried searching on the Rootzwiki with no luck.

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o_dat1 View Post
    Hi ncinerate-

I know you mentioned that you were to busy to post the togglebar app hack for the Touchpad CM9, but please if you ever have a free chance could you please post the link where you got it from or the app its self.

I tried searching on the Rootzwiki with no luck.

Thanks in advance
    You will most likely find what you want in this thread No way to hide the bottom bar in CM9? - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I keep trying to install CM9, but the following message occurs during install of the most recent nightly:

[ xxx.xxxxxx] msm_timer_set_next_event(12) clock dg_timer, alarm already expired, now xxxxxxxx, alarm xxxxxxxx, late -x

where the x's are numbers or letters corresponding to what appears to be memory addresses or something like that.

Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it? A user earlier in this thread reported having this problem and that downloading fresh files took care of it, but I tried this and still get this error.

Thanks!

EDIT: In irritation, I got up and walked away from my computer after this error had occurred yet again. When I came back, the screen had changed such that there was no longer any text on the screen, just the double penguins. Thinking it had crashed, I picked up the Touchpad to reset it. I hit the power and main buttons but didn't like how I was holding the tablet so I un-pressed them to re-position. To my surprise, the installation resumed and I'm now running CM9. Woot! Thanks for the guide, ncinerate!
    Last edited by Bazirker; 04/28/2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Problem solved
    I would not recommend shutting your device down in the middle of a CM9 install. You might have just dodged a bullet
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I would not recommend shutting your device down in the middle of a CM9 install. You might have just dodged a bullet
    With the error I just described, you can reboot without trouble. I did so several times without ill effects.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    Hi there everyone! I have a question regarding the nightly updates. I have downloaded the most recent nightly but haven't done anything with it yet. I installed ALPHA 2 on my TP and that is the only thing I have done ever since and I did it a day or two after it came out.

I have had little or no problems since installing ALPHA 2. The occasional reboot when the screen was unresponsive after sitting for a while and the reversal of the reboot and power off functions when holding down the power on button.

One thing that is bothering me is that the battery seems to run down faster when just standing by. I can see it running down quickly when playing games or surfing but if I leave it sit unplugged it seems to crap out in about a day or so.

What I would like to know is will these little issues I mentioned go away with the new nightly? Do I need any other programs? Since I havent done anything since ALPHA 2 was released. I have seen mentions of Acme Installer 2. I dont know it I have that or just Acme Installer. Do I need to get a new version of GAPPS that I have seen other posters having problems with? Do I need to download anything else to make the newest overnight work or will I just need to install the new nightly?

If I left out anything else that needs to be done with the newest nightly please feel free to educate me.

Thanks very much in advance for everyone's help.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetp267 View Post
    Hi there everyone! I have a question regarding the nightly updates. I have downloaded the most recent nightly but haven't done anything with it yet. I installed ALPHA 2 on my TP and that is the only thing I have done ever since and I did it a day or two after it came out.

I have had little or no problems since installing ALPHA 2. The occasional reboot when the screen was unresponsive after sitting for a while and the reversal of the reboot and power off functions when holding down the power on button.

One thing that is bothering me is that the battery seems to run down faster when just standing by. I can see it running down quickly when playing games or surfing but if I leave it sit unplugged it seems to crap out in about a day or so.

What I would like to know is will these little issues I mentioned go away with the new nightly? Do I need any other programs? Since I havent done anything since ALPHA 2 was released. I have seen mentions of Acme Installer 2. I dont know it I have that or just Acme Installer. Do I need to get a new version of GAPPS that I have seen other posters having problems with? Do I need to download anything else to make the newest overnight work or will I just need to install the new nightly?

If I left out anything else that needs to be done with the newest nightly please feel free to educate me.

Thanks very much in advance for everyone's help.
    I literally installed Android on my Touchpad yesterday, so I have limited experience using it. That said, the most recent nightly does appear to burn through battery in standby faster than WebOS does.

If you are going to install as per the OP, use ACMEinstaller2 to be safe. It's a small download. You shouldn't need it though, can't you just boot into recovery and flash the new nightly over top of the alpha? It should keep you from having to reinstall everything too. Someone else please verify this.

GAPPS seems to be working fine for me using the version posted in the OP. Again, I've been using it for one day.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I don't have any battery issues. I'm running a nightly of about a week ago and all seems OK. There is something in the original post you have to turn off - have another read.

Alan
    Just wanted to thank ncinerate, the CM9 team, and everyone else who got us to this point. I bought my TouchPad during the first fire sale for the sole purpose of loading Android on it. I was planning on waiting for a beta, being as I'm more of a "tweaker" than a "hacker", and didn't want to spend more time making it work, than using it.

I tried webOS for a few months, and if there had been more development for it, it wasn't a bad OS, but..... so, pretty much since the beginning of the year it's been nothing but a bedside clock.

I finally broke down yesterday and did a fresh install of the latest nightly,and have to say I haven't put it down since.

The only issues I've had were with the Wifi, which FXR Wifi, and setting my router to a lower setting have seemed to fix, and gallery not playing some movies, which MX player took care of.

Once again thanks to everyone who made my vision of a $150 Android tablet a reality!
    l8whalefr8 likes this.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just updated to the latest nightly 20120428 (coming from 20120418) and latest GAPPS 20120422 (coming from 20120317). So far there're no issues. In fact, it appears to me that this CM9 version is running extremely well. My TouchPad seems to be flying (no over-clocking). Of course it could be related to the cache and Dalvik cache wiping.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, is there any point in getting a new GAPPS build? Does it offer something the 20120317 ones doesn't or what exactly?
    Thank you alan. I DID read it through and I did change the settings in google talk to save the battery, I was merely asking if the ALPHA 2 build wasn't doing as good a job as some of the newer nightlies on the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there any point in getting a new GAPPS build? Does it offer something the 20120317 ones doesn't or what exactly?
    In short no. Any updates to the Google apps should come though the play store. It does help when you flash a new rom to have the latest. There is a new one as of today. Don't use the 20120420 one it has issues.

sent from tapatalk
    Brian
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Anyone know where I can get a ICS app dock for the Alpha 2 build? I search everywhere with no luck. Basically like the one in this video..... . I tried Apex Launcher and ADW but I did not see the option for Dock.

Thanks.
    I saw this question asked once, but no answer to it.....

I have CM9 installed and need to secure-erase and Doctor the webOS side. Can I just do this, or do I need to do something special first beforehand. There's an issue with my account that requires me to secure-erase first, so I don't want to mess up things with this by having CM9 installed.
    I saw this on rootswiki:
    webOS doctor + removing andriod - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

But its a little stale.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Thanks MudShark... I'll just follow the uninstall directions from the front page and start over that way.
    I saw that too; but I figured you wanted to try and keep the CM9 install if you could.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.