Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    does this install affect the webOS part in any way?

I've been having problems with the webOS side where I get the application database is always full error all of a sudden.

I tried:
    1. Deleting apps and some data. Just in The webOS side. Error still there
    2. Erase app and data. In the reset options. Error still there
    3. Doctoring. Error still there
    4. Uninstalling android. Error still there

I resolved the issue with an uninstall of android plus doctor with full erase.

now I have not tried dual booting again but just want to know if this cm9 installation does have an effect with the "application database" in webOS

I have approximately 8gb free in my touchpad in all this.
    anyone have a response to this? Thanks
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hello, I'm sort of a newbie here dealing with CM9. I have it installed and loaded plenty of new apps and everything is running great. Question: if I download and install a nightly build, is there anything else I need to do afterwards, i.e. are all my previously loaded apps still there?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Yes
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    With Connectify I believe you need to go into the device properties and select the advanced tab. In there you should find something like "WZC IBSS Channel Number".
    Which device? If the WiFi device, then I don't have that on my laptop.

Alan
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Which device? If the WiFi device, then I don't have that on my laptop.

Alan
    Sorry I have not actually done this myself, but remembered reading about it. [SOLVED] how to change the wifi channel of a hotspot ? - Tech Support Forum

and then there is this Devices frequently disconnect from my hotspot : Connectify Support
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by LF_2222 View Post
    Hello, I'm sort of a newbie here dealing with CM9. I have it installed and loaded plenty of new apps and everything is running great. Question: if I download and install a nightly build, is there anything else I need to do afterwards, i.e. are all my previously loaded apps still there?
    It should stay there....all my apps including gapps components stays the same after a nightly update.

As mutoidi mentioned earlier, gapps installs as a separate files from updates (nightly).
    LF_2222 and pnn79 like this.
    I can understand why CM7 got stuck at Alpha 3.5 after the arrival of CM9. But why has CM9 been stuck on Alpha 2 for over two months now? I understand there are nightly builds one can play with, but why is there no official CM9 release that those who do not wish to update on a daily basis can use? Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoterchor View Post
    It should stay there....all my apps including gapps components stays the same after a nightly update.

As mutoidi mentioned earlier, gapps installs as a separate files from updates (nightly).
    Ok, thanks. I was all ready to install a nightly but when I reboot, the clockworkmod option does not show? Any ideas on that? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by LF_2222 View Post
    Ok, thanks. I was all ready to install a nightly but when I reboot, the clockworkmod option does not show? Any ideas on that? Thank you.
    It looks like that u didn't install CWM in the first place (i.e with the first install of Android). It never happened to me so haven't personally tackled this problem. Though, I read somewhere that u may have to uninstall android cm9 using ACMEUninstaller and then reinstall everything (making sure u put cwm install file in CMInstall folder)

I am not an expert when it comes to such things so I would suggest u wait out little longer till someone else more experienced reply u back with any other alternative. If not, then u can always go the uninstall path.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So...I'm guessing Alpha2 doesn't really save much power in sleep mode, hit the power button last night and when I turned it on this morning it was down to like 40s instead of the 87% or so it was last night, which is kinda nuts considering I can leave the TP on for over a week in sleep and see it around half from full.

Wish they'd make it more battery efficient, I have about every non-essential waste off like no location using, synching, etc and it still loses power at a scary rate compared to webos.
    Have you signed out of Google Talk? That's been flagged as a battery drainer.

My CM9 TP loses a bit overnight, but nothing like the 47% you're describing, Perhaps 15% if I leave wifi on.

Spyke
    New 'gapps' file '20120422' available for CM9 now: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/23/2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    New 'gapps' file '20120422' available for CM9 now: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

so I have 0317 and running a nightly build, can I copy this gapps20120222 and do to clockworkmod and install frm SD card. will all my gmail, and google preferences will be saved or do I have to redo after 'flashing' this zip file

thanks
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts

Is there a list if what's changed or added?

Never mind - found it: - Not really worth doing (in my opinion) until I do a rebuild.

APKs and libs updated to 4.0.4 versions where available
    Google Play Store's APK renamed from Vending.apk (Gingerbread standard) to Phonesky.apk (ICS standard)
    Google Play Store updated to 3.5.16
    Gmail removed as it is now available in the Google Play Store

Alan
    Last edited by alan sh; 04/23/2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Never mind - found it: - Not really worth doing (in my opinion) until I do a rebuild.

Google Play Store's APK renamed from Vending.apk (Gingerbread standard) to Phonesky.apk (ICS standard)

Alan
    Exactly my thoughts.

Mutoidi, if I do this update, would I need to reconfigure all settings and preferences (like signing into google account again) by going to the individual apps and is it going to reset the placement of icons for individual apps on the home screen. (reason I asked bcuz I have icons linedup on home screen based on the apps I use most frequently so there are few folders I created to group them together)

I asked you because u broke the news hereabout the availability of new gapps so prob u may have tried it already and could provide me a feedback.

BTW do u just install this from CWM after wiping cache and dalvik cache (like we do with the nightly updates) or is there any other process? I had encountered few problems in past with gapps where some of the apps wouldn't load properly (they would flash briefly and then close or give message of app isn't installed) so just wanna make sure I do it the right way.

Thanks for your effort and time.
    Last edited by dhoterchor; 04/23/2012 at 05:50 PM.

Alan
    Alan sh, where did u find this? I just wanna bookmark that page for my future reference.

nvm found it here http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps

Thanks!
    Last edited by dhoterchor; 04/23/2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoterchor View Post
    Mutoidi, if I do this update, would I need to reconfigure all settings and preferences (like signing into google account again) by going to the individual apps and is it going to reset the placement of icons for individual apps on the home screen. (reason I asked bcuz I have icons linedup on home screen based on the apps I use most frequently so there are few folders I created to group them together)

I asked you because u broke the news hereabout the availability of new gapps so prob u may have tried it already and could provide me a feedback.

BTW do u just install this from CWM after wiping cache and dalvik cache (like we do with the nightly updates) or is there any other process? I had encountered few problems in past with gapps where some of the apps wouldn't load properly (they would flash briefly and then close or give message of app isn't installed) so just wanna make sure I do it the right way.

Thanks for your effort and time.
    No Worries...

I didn't have to do any re-setting/re-signing in, no. Nothing changed Icon-wise either.
    I suppose if one is updating from an ancient version of 'gapps' that stuff could happen.. but I just went from the previous version ('20120317'?) to this, no probs.

And yes.. chuck it in and install it via CWM 'install zip from sdcard' etc.
    I did wipe cache & Dalvic, then installed latest 'Official' Nightly '20120422' ( http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?dev...nderloin&type= ), then installed latest 'gapps', then reboot and all was good.

Maybe going to 'ROM Manager' and doing 'Fix Permissions' first (before installing anything) will stabilise all your Apps?
    I did.

Only thing I found was that 'Getjar' came up with a new set of offerings initially.. but after another reboot it too appeared to settle back to 'normal' behaviour!

Enjoy!

PS. Regarding earlier posts in this thread re. WiFi.. I have also found the 'FXR WiFi Fix' App to really improve and stabilise connectivity.. even in the latest CM9 Updates.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/23/2012 at 09:31 PM.
    paulieesther likes this.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Have you signed out of Google Talk? That's been flagged as a battery drainer.

My CM9 TP loses a bit overnight, but nothing like the 47% you're describing, Perhaps 15% if I leave wifi on.

Spyke
    Fairly sure it's off, I remember turning it off right when I first loaded CM9 as the guide said it sucked down battery, hopefully it isn't turning itself back on >.>
    No Worries...

I didn't have to do any re-setting/re-signing in, no. Nothing changed Icon-wise either.
    I suppose if one is updating from an ancient version of 'gapps' that stuff could happen.. but I just went from the previous version ('20120317'?) to this, no probs.

And yes.. chuck it in and install it via CWM 'install zip from sdcard' etc.
    I did wipe cache & Dalvic, then installed latest 'Official' Nightly '20120422' ( CyanogenMod Downloads ), then installed latest 'gapps', then reboot and all was good.

Maybe going to 'ROM Manager' and doing 'Fix Permissions' first (before installing anything) will stabilise all your Apps?
    I did.

Only thing I found was that 'Getjar' came up with a new set of offerings initially.. but after another reboot it too appeared to settle back to 'normal' behaviour!

Enjoy!

PS. Regarding earlier posts in this thread re. WiFi.. I have also found the 'FXR WiFi Fix' App to really improve and stabilise connectivity.. even in the latest CM9 Updates.

Thanks... just updated it and everything went smooth.