Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Do not know if this helps but you could check the version of Google Play. I am running gapps 20120317 and my Google Play the version is 3.5.16.
    Ditto 3.5.16 here too
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Ditto 3.5.16 here too
    Likewise: Play V3.5.16 + Gapps 20121703 and no 'fixer', all seems to run really well!

Quote Originally Posted by touchpadist View Post
    I finally installed the latest nightly build and I have a quick question. How do I turn down the keyboard volume? Its either muted, or very loud. I'm unable to just have a soft volume level when typing. Even with the volume set to very low, it seems like the sound is too high. Has anyone else had this issue?
    I have the same issue. I have tried all the sound settings I can find. The only thing not affected by adjusting the volume is the keyboard letter taps.
    OK...So I tried Go Keyboard with a PAD plug-in and it works great. The keyboard tap volume can be adjusted in settings. I had to set mine on "1" to be at a normal level.
    Hi everyone

I get this all the time coming up on screen .the process com.android.phone has stopped
    Any ideas?

Max
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Just got my new touchpad, and I'm getting ready to put CM9 on it. Problem is the Clockworkmod link appears to be dead. I'm not able to download anything after the 10 second wait.

Anyone have a mirror?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ajroder View Post
    Hey guys,

Just got my new touchpad, and I'm getting ready to put CM9 on it. Problem is the Clockworkmod link appears to be dead. I'm not able to download anything after the 10 second wait.

Anyone have a mirror?

Thanks

The mirror I used for CWM is also apparently 'down' atm.
    File too large to upload here too.. sorry!

This one might work? http://www.2shared.com/complete/SaOa...kmod_5026.html
    Google it anyway and I'm sure you'll grab a copy from somewhere!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/17/2012 at 01:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    The mirror I used for CWM is also apparently 'down' atm.
    File too large to upload here too.. sorry!

This one might work? Clockworkmod 5.0.2.6.img download - 2shared
    Google it anyway and I'm sure you'll grab a copy from somewhere!

That link worked. Thanks.

EDIT: The original link is working now.
    Last edited by ajroder; 04/17/2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Thanks OP for the thorough and detail guide. Got everything working including the update to the latest nightly built. I did some reading over the rootzwiki forum and just realize I should have done the fixes first before installing CM9. I don't know if the OP or anyone know of a simplified guide for how to apply the various fixes to solve the SD Card issue and extending the size of the internal storage. Thanks in advance.
    Noticed something unique....

On march 30th, I initially successfully upgraded to 03/29/2012 nightly and gapps of 20120317 (I think that was the gapps version I managed to successfully install after complete data wipe/factory reset). After that, I've been updating it more frequently with the most recent nightly version that gets out with the latest one being April 18th nightly. But I haven't needed to install gapps again after any nightly update since march 29th nightly (that's when I successfully installed 20120317 gapps). All Google apps work perfectly fine even after all these nightly upgrades. Has anyone else experienced the same thing??
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoterchor View Post
    Noticed something unique....

On march 30th, I initially successfully upgraded to 03/29/2012 nightly and gapps of 20120317 (I think that was the gapps version I managed to successfully install after complete data wipe/factory reset). After that, I've been updating it more frequently with the most recent nightly version that gets out with the latest one being April 18th nightly. But I haven't needed to install gapps again after any nightly update since march 29th nightly (that's when I successfully installed 20120317 gapps). All Google apps work perfectly fine even after all these nightly upgrades. Has anyone else experienced the same thing??

Yes, of course!

So it isn't 'unique'! 'gapps' installs as a seperate file to any updates

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes, of course!

So it isn't 'unique'! 'gapps' installs as a seperate file to any updates

...and here I thought my tp having some magical powers to auto correct the gapps issue.

Of course I am joking...haha!
    I had to use gappsfixer up until 0412 nightly. So maybe you have semi magical powers
    does this install affect the webOS part in any way?

I've been having problems with the webOS side where I get the application database is always full error all of a sudden.

I tried:
    1. Deleting apps and some data. Just in The webOS side. Error still there
    2. Erase app and data. In the reset options. Error still there
    3. Doctoring. Error still there
    4. Uninstalling android. Error still there

I resolved the issue with an uninstall of android plus doctor with full erase.

now I have not tried dual booting again but just want to know if this cm9 installation does have an effect with the "application database" in webOS

I have approximately 8gb free in my touchpad in all this.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseamoose View Post
    I upgraded to alpha 2 early this morning and my netflix movies gives me a black screen with garbled sound. Google sky map very briefly shows me a star pattern then goes black. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
    Having this issue too. Fresh wipe of the TouchPad and install of the latest nightly CM9 build + latest gApps package. Installed the latest Google Sky Map from the Play store and all I get when I launch it is a quick flash of the sky followed by a black screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synomenon View Post
    Having this issue too. Fresh wipe of the TouchPad and install of the latest nightly CM9 build + latest gApps package. Installed the latest Google Sky Map from the Play store and all I get when I launch it is a quick flash of the sky followed by a black screen.
    That's all I have ever gotten from Sky Map.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if anyone is working on the wifi (channel 11) issue? I've got the nightly build from the 17th April and the issue is still there.

regards

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Does anyone know if anyone is working on the wifi (channel 11) issue? I've got the nightly build from the 17th April and the issue is still there.

regards

Alan
    any specific problem? doesn't it connect to wifi or keeps losing connectivity?? i mean i never had any wifi issues with any of the nightly builds as other folks have mentioned here. I just installed april 18th nightly from CyanogenMod Downloads and wifi works fine.

Having said all that, I used to have lots of connectivity issues with wifi when i was using webos. I am not an expert and consider myself noob so i thought my good ole D-Link Router wasn't capable of auto assigning internal IP's to 5 devices that was connecting to it.

(if you wanna know the specifics of the problem: Wifi will work fine once connected to the router but once I leave home with my phone or touchpad and come back then those devices won't connect to the router. The already connected laptops would work fine but just the devices that has left home won't connect until I restart/power on-off the router)

So I manually assigned the internal IP's (from DHCP reservation of a router settings) specific to each of the 5 MAC addresses (of 5 devices that were connecting to the router). And from that day onward I never had to restart my router. Also, the devices that has left home and just come back now auto connects within seconds. I started playing with CM9-Android in early March (long after I configured that router settings) so prob that's why I never encountered any wifi issues with android!!

As I said earlier, I am not an expert but configuring my router solved the wifi connectivity issues on my webOS so if the problems with your wifi is similar to those i described above, you may wanna try DHCP reservation on your router settings.

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I connect to wifi via Connectify on my laptop. That is hardcoded to channel 11.

CM9 has issues connecting to channel 11. the Wifi Fix (see other thread) does sometimes fix it, but the underlying issue is still there.

Alan
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I connect to wifi via Connectify on my laptop. That is hardcoded to channel 11.

CM9 has issues connecting to channel 11. the Wifi Fix (see other thread) does sometimes fix it, but the underlying issue is still there.

Alan
    With Connectify I believe you need to go into the device properties and select the advanced tab. In there you should find something like "WZC IBSS Channel Number".
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47