Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Can someone point me o the right direction on how to save settings of your current cm install so you wouldn't have to redo everything again after you decide to reinstall everything?

Sort of save and restore for webos
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Can someone point me o the right direction on how to save settings of your current cm install so you wouldn't have to redo everything again after you decide to reinstall everything?

I have been using Titanium Backup for this. If you upgrade, everything will be preserved (from a CM9 build to a later CM9 build - ice cream sandwich). As a general practice, I always backup android. I have not investigated what nandroid does, it is also a backup sort of program
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post

The way updates currently work for Android you do not loose anything when updating. I do make a nandroid backup after updating and testing that everything is stable just in case. I have been running the unofficial nightlies and decided to give AOPK 31 a spin. Did a nandroid backup of CM9 nightly then a complete wipe and install of AOPK 31. Tested for a few days and decided to go back to CM9, just did a nandroid restore of the previous backup and I was back to where I started two days before, no loss of any data or settings.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Ok, installed the nightly build from 0412. Now my app store doesnt work. Everything else seems to be fine.
    Help?

EDIT: Gmail also quit working
    Last edited by w1graves; 04/13/2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadist View Post
    I finally installed the latest nightly build and I have a quick question. How do I turn down the keyboard volume? Its either muted, or very loud. I'm unable to just have a soft volume level when typing. Even with the volume set to very low, it seems like the sound is too high. Has anyone else had this issue?
    I am using the 'SlideIT' keyboard and the volume settings are under: Settings---> 'Language & Input'--->SlideIT--->Look & Feel--->Keyboard Feedback--->Audio Feedback Volume : where there is a slider control.

So try the same 'location' for whichever keyboard it is that you are using?

Otherwise under system audio, there are also a number of other different volume slider comtrols:
    Media
    Ring
    Notification
    Voice Call
    Alarm
    System

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Today I finally put ICS on my touchpad. Everything runs fairly well. I've booted into web os and ics multiple times, with no problems. It's nice to finally have netflix, draw something and some other stuff I was missing. I will be using both though, because I do like web os.
    can you post the link you used to do it? Thanks!
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It's all here in this thread.
    Hi guys, do you have any idea why my storage shows like this? I am missing alot of space, is cm9 that big? Please help. What can i do?

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w1graves View Post
    Ok, installed the nightly build from 0412. Now my app store doesnt work. Everything else seems to be fine.
    Help?

EDIT: Gmail also quit working
    Did you also install the new GAPPS files (20120317)? You may also need gapps_fixer to get it running (only once to get the new Google apps working; not needed for subsequent nightly updates). I posted one way how to get it working earlier in this thread.
    Ncinerate,

Thank you for compiling these instructions into one easy set. I just finished installing the nightly build, and the difference is incredible!
    Is there any way of checking which version or build of gapps is installed, for e.g 20120317 or 20120304 or so on?

I am able to check which nightly version of android is installed at settings > about tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoterchor View Post
    Is there any way of checking which version or build of gapps is installed, for e.g 20120317 or 20120304 or so on?

I am able to check which nightly version of android is installed at settings > about tablet.
    Can you just check which version you have in your download folder with es file explorer? Or will that not clear things up for you because you have multiple gapps files downloaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Can you just check which version you have in your download folder with es file explorer? Or will that not clear things up for you because you have multiple gapps files downloaded?
    First of all thanks for your time to reply me back. Yeah, your suggestion would have helped had I not deleted the downloaded files. If there is no other way of finding out then I guess I will just reinstall gapps with the most latest version out there (which I believe is 20120317)

Thanks again for helping me out.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Do not know if this helps but you could check the version of Google Play. I am running gapps 20120317 and my Google Play the version is 3.5.16.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toneng View Post
    Hi guys, do you have any idea why my storage shows like this? I am missing alot of space, is cm9 that big? Please help. What can i do?

Click to view quoted image
    Similar issue here except that I have plenty of available space (20.88GB) on my SD card; however the internal storage indicates total available space of 146MB. I wasn't smart enough to load CM 9 Alpha 2 on my TP so I had a buddy at work to do it so I really don't have a clue as to how storage is and s/be allocated so to speak. It seems like this was the case immediately after having loaded CM9, but I did add a decent amount of apps. Any suggestions or education are appreciated.

I am really enjoying Android on my tablet mostly for the breadth of apps, but at the same time it also highlights some of the elegance of webOS which is not as prevalent on ICS IMO. Synergy, just type, the keyboard, etc...
    saeedmashti likes this.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoICon View Post
    Similar issue here except that I have plenty of available space (20.88GB) on my SD card; however the internal storage indicates total available space of 146MB. I wasn't smart enough to load CM 9 Alpha 2 on my TP so I had a buddy at work to do it so I really don't have a clue as to how storage is and s/be allocated so to speak. It seems like this was the case immediately after having loaded CM9, but I did add a decent amount of apps. Any suggestions or education are appreciated.

I am really enjoying Android on my tablet mostly for the breadth of apps, but at the same time it also highlights some of the elegance of webOS which is not as prevalent on ICS IMO. Synergy, just type, the keyboard, etc...
    Do I need to move apps to the SD Card? If so, should I be downloading them differently so they go there automatically in the first place. Sorry for the newb questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Did you also install the new GAPPS files (20120317)? You may also need gapps_fixer to get it running (only once to get the new Google apps working; not needed for subsequent nightly updates). I posted one way how to get it working earlier in this thread.
    I did check...
    I installed the 0317 file and also ran the fixer... no joy still.

Hate to start all over again - not sure even how to....
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Do not know if this helps but you could check the version of Google Play. I am running gapps 20120317 and my Google Play the version is 3.5.16.
    it shows Google Play Store version 3.5.15 in the settings ...

Does that mean that a update didnt take fully?