Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbeech View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the instructions about upgrading to a nightly build - one question though...

The only 'pains' I've found with CM9 on my touchpad are:
    * Microphone not working
    * Webcam not working
    * Wifi not reconnecting (e.g. put into airplane mode overnight - and to reconnect in the morning, I need to 'forget' the settings for my router - wpa psk security - and then re-connect/reenter my router passphrase)...

Is there any way of telling if the nightlies fix any of the above? - apart from the above, ICS works great!

Thanks

Carl.
    CM9 does not yet support the microphone or camera. Hopefully it'll be added soon. I boot into webOS if I need it (e.g. for a Skype call).

--Sent from my TouchPad running ICS
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    For some magical reason, i installed CM9A2 and 0317 gapps, followed all instructions exactly and everything is fine. Not seeing any wifi issues overnight/charging (touchwood). My daughter is happy she can play draw something on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
    Is there a way to have the bottom tool bar slide from view until I touch the bottom part of the screen?

Having BIG FUN...... :-)
    I too would like to know how to do this. I saw ncinerate's reply but I could not find what he said was on rootzwiki. Can anyone else help or can ncinerate help. I did try togglebar but could not figure it out.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
    Is there a way to have the bottom tool bar slide from view until I touch the bottom part of the screen?
    Not sure about that, but the better-written apps turn the whole bar black so it effectively disappears from view (see the Kindle app).

It bothered me too for a while, but now I appreciate the consistency across the apps with having access to those functions at all times.

Spyke
    Last edited by Spyke; 04/05/2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: got my own name wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    It may still be that the glitch is in the PC<-->TP recognition issue.
    Start afresh.. uninstall using 'Remove Android' & Tailor in preware (&/or ACMEUninstaller in Palm, Inc folder via Command).
    Reinstall latest Zipped Nightly + CWM + MoBoot to created 'cminstall' folder on TP 'SD Card' & reload/reinstall using Command via 'Palm, Inc' (in Prog Files) & ACMEInstaller2. Then apply latest Zipped 'gapps' via CWM. Worked a treat for me.

Okay...I have Tailor finally. Not sure what exactly I need to do with it.

Do I just zero out the three Android listings (system, cache and data)?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So I just finally installed CM9 Alpha2, I could cry right now, finally able to watch Neflix on my TP :'D

Anyways my question is, instead of the old linked gapps one I went with the newer link in the nightly build, and I wasn't aware it auto-booted to cyanogen after 5 seconds so I couldn't do the clockwork mod steps to normally install gapps. However, when it booted up it booted up the app store just fine; did it just install it automatically now or something?

For that matter is the clockwork option supposed to be one you see every time you boot up? As I don't see it when I boot up my TP at all...that good or bad?
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetp267 View Post
    I too would like to know how to do this. I saw ncinerate's reply but I could not find what he said was on rootzwiki. Can anyone else help or can ncinerate help. I did try togglebar but could not figure it out.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    There was a little hack to do this, but it isn't working on current nightly builds.

So unless you're running alpha 2, it won't help you right now. I imagine the person who made the little hack will re-release it once things settle down a bit again (nightly builds are going through some rapid dev right now).

I agree that it's really a needed feature - it should be available soon.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So...I can't seem to turn off the touchpad while in CM9? I keep holding the power button, nothing. And it was working fine yesterday, any reason why?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Can you install a Android cli app (don't remember the name offhand as I am outside and don't have access to Android) and do a reboot on shell.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    So...I can't seem to turn off the touchpad while in CM9? I keep holding the power button, nothing. And it was working fine yesterday, any reason why?
    My wife's did the same thing yesterday, do not know the reason. Hold the Home button and Power button until the TouchPad reboots (~10 sec). Has not done it since. It would be nice if there was an app to shutdown/reboot like the Device Info|Restart Options in webOS, I have not found one that does a clean shutdown/restart for Android.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Mine does that sometimes. I reckon it's a memory leak. Power+Home works OK to reboot it.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    confirmed, don't use task changer. Running it will freeze the TP on boot and require a factory reset on the 3/29 nightly.

'Task Changer PRO' App now updated to suit Touchpad CM9 Updates.
    No Longer freezes and seems fine with 'Official' CyanogenMod 9-20120408-NIGHTLY at least.
    Thanks to Pacosal:

[APP][2.2+]Task Changer PRO - Task Changer Titanium - MULTITASKING - Page 17 - xda-developers

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=pacosal

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/11/2012 at 01:53 PM.
    can some help me...

I installed the LCD density modder app the free one to change my screen Dpi to 130., now in order to fix the "this app is not compatible with your device error" i had to purchase the paid version

So it asked me to install a modified google apps store, which i thought i did but after the reboot, i couldnt find my google play store.

i tried installing form the gapps file i have but still no app store. i tried to install the google play apk from a site it wont install...

my apps work fine. some pls point me to the right direction.

thanks!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    So I'm going to finally install Android on my TouchPad this weekend. I have a question for those of you that already have it installed, how does the battery life compare to WebOS? When in WebOS, I can get around 8+ hours of battery life. Will it be more, or less on Android? FYI, I'll probably install the latest nightly since it has been mentioned that there are a lot of updates from Alpha 2.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Battery life seems similar to webos to me.

Alan
    l8whalefr8 likes this.
    hi guys,
    you have any idea about this scrolling texts at the top right side of my screen. it won't disappear whatever am doing. please help me get rid of this. thanks!!

Edit. Nvm I figured it out.
    Last edited by toneng; 04/12/2012 at 11:40 AM.
    I finally installed the latest nightly build and I have a quick question. How do I turn down the keyboard volume? Its either muted, or very loud. I'm unable to just have a soft volume level when typing. Even with the volume set to very low, it seems like the sound is too high. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I installed the Alpha 2 and it went as smooth as it could. I have the known microphone and camera problems. I did at first have a problem with dropping wifi, but used an app that seems to have fixed that. It works on the touch charger just great. I have the moving koi desktop which looks great and when I put it on the charger it shows the background with the time for a period of time, then going to just the time. I cannot use Words with Friends though. It mentions it closing unexpectedly or something like that. Occasionally I have had other apps do that, but not consistently and mostly everything just works great. Its like having the best of both worlds.

As for the nightly builds, is there anywhere one can follow what changes with each one? I don't know if I want to go that route since it is working fairly well. I like to play WWF, and there is one setting in the email that does not want to work for me, but otherwise I cannot really think of what I would want improved other than the microphone and camera if/when that gets fixed.
    saeedmashti likes this.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Cool I just upgraded to the 0412 nightly and I didn't need to use gappsfixer this time.