Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    The fact that you believe cm7 is more stable on the TP than cm9 (never minding the preware crack) tells us all we need to know.
    My impression from what I read a long while back was the CM7 build of honeycomb was further along than an alpha build of the ICS version of Android. Though I guess it's changed, hell if I know. I just want the most stable build with the least amount of bugs and least likely chance of screwing up my TP, so if an alpha of CM9 is better than however far CM7 was, I have no problem with that, I just wanted to see and compare since the CM7 build seems to have just vanished.
    Last edited by Xezat; 04/03/2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vman77 View Post
    Edit: for those with this problem I ran this command "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2" instead of the command listed on the front page article and everything worked like a charm
    Nope. Still doesn't work for me. Goes back to saying "unable to find device" when I try the ACMEInstaller2.

See this thread for exactly what happens: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...-step-3-a.html

Really frustrating. The ACMEInstaller works to install, but the TP won't boot into CM9. The ACMEUninstaller did not work. The ACMEInstaller2 does not work.

I'm about to give up on this altogether unless someone here has some eureka moment for me.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    My problem here is how do I update the nightly builds. I have 4/3 installed now, but I DLed 4/4 and don't know how to install it. How do I use clockwork mod with this?

Ok. It seems that I don't have Clockwork Mod on my memboot options. Does anyone know how make it show up?
    Last edited by bnceo; 04/04/2012 at 07:16 AM.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    My impression from what I read a long while back was the CM7 build of honeycomb was further along than an alpha build of the ICS version of Android
    CM7 is Gingerbread, not Honeycomb. Google didn't release the source code for Honeycomb until they released ICS, which pretty much makes it DOA for developing.
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo95993 View Post
    Get ACMEUnistaller and put it in the same place you put ACMEInstaller2. Or I believe there's an app in preware to remove android from your device.
    There is a link to donwload ACMEUninstaller in one of the comments on webosnations android installation guide from last evening. Once you download that uninstaller, unizip it and copy that file into same directory as ACMEInstaller2. Once in terminal or command prompt type: ./novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller

Basically follow same step as with installing, but uninstall
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    There is a link to donwload ACMEUninstaller in one of the comments on webosnations android installation guide from last evening. Once you download that uninstaller, unizip it and copy that file into same directory as ACMEInstaller2. Once in terminal or command prompt type: ./novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller

Basically follow same step as with installing, but uninstall
    I got the uninstaller, but it does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Nope. Still doesn't work for me. Goes back to saying "unable to find device" when I try the ACMEInstaller2.

See this thread for exactly what happens: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...-step-3-a.html

Really frustrating. The ACMEInstaller works to install, but the TP won't boot into CM9. The ACMEUninstaller did not work. The ACMEInstaller2 does not work.

I'm about to give up on this altogether unless someone here has some eureka moment for me.
    I installed the "Remove Android" app from Preware and I can only assume it did the job. There was also mention of something called "Tailor" to remove the partitions (?)...but I couldn't find that anywhere in Preware.

So at this point I'm giving up unless someone knows why the original ACMEInstaller is working, but neither the ACMEUninstaller nor the ACMEInstaller2 is working.

I've downloaded the dang file about half a dozen times...to no success.
    I got the uninstaller, but it does not work.

I installed the "Remove Android" app from Preware and I can only assume it did the job. There was also mention of something called "Tailor" to remove the partitions (?)...but I couldn't find that anywhere in Preware.

So at this point I'm giving up unless someone knows why the original ACMEInstaller is working, but neither the ACMEUninstaller nor the ACMEInstaller2 is working.

I've downloaded the dang file about half a dozen times...to no success.
    Sounds like the glitch may be in the 'non-recognition' aspect.

try: <novacom boot mem://< ACMEInstaller2> etc?

You wil have to enable Beta Feeds in preware to access 'Tailor' App.
    :
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Sounds like the glitch may be in the 'non-recognition' aspect.

try: <novacom boot mem://< ACMEInstaller2> etc?

You wil have to enable Beta Feeds in preware to access 'Tailor' App.
    :
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Do you mean WITH the brackets like you typed them?

As for the beta feeds...I had Preware loading those, but kept getting error messages whenever I started Preware, so I shut them down. I'll try them again when I get home.
    Do you mean WITH the brackets like you typed them?

As for the beta feeds...I had Preware loading those, but kept getting error messages whenever I started Preware, so I shut them down. I'll try them again when I get home.
    Sorry.. no, that was unclear of me.. I mean type: novacom boot mem://< ACMEUninstaller (or: novacom boot mem://< ACMEInstaller2) depending upon which you need to do etc.

Maybe delete your original Beta Testing Feed (by touch-sliding it and hitting 'delete') and then try re-loading exactly as per the Wiki instuctions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals to then download 'Tailor'?

Here is the correct command for ACMEInstaller2.
    novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2

This would be: novacom(space)boot(space)mem://(space)<(space)ACMEInstaller2
    Make sure you type it in exactly like that.

Here's a link with all the info you need.
    HP Touchpad: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Thanks 'harpo'.. but that's my whole point.. for 'j_grouchy' to try deliberately omitting the (space) between '//' and '<' !!!

I've done it with and without spaces. I went by the guide in the original post in this thread AND in the link you just posted...each time literally copying then pasting the text. I've reinstalled novacam. I've changed the directory from c:/android to the Palm, Inc directory. I've tried the three methods outlined in the original post in this thread. I tried all that before I was successful getting the older version of ACMEInstaller to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoterchor View Post
    If u have made a backup either from titanium or cwm, try restoring just the apps and its data and see if that fix the problem for u.
    I ended up clearing user data and all caches, reinstalling the 3/29/2012 nightly build, installing the 20120317 apps, installing the fixer, and now everything is working like a champ. I was hoping to avoid recon figuring everything, but the important thing is that everything is running smoothly now.

Thank you to everyone for your help!
    I've done it with and without spaces. I went by the guide in the original post in this thread AND in the link you just posted...each time literally copying then pasting the text. I've reinstalled novacam. I've changed the directory from c:/android to the Palm, Inc directory. I've tried the three methods outlined in the original post in this thread. I tried all that before I was successful getting the older version of ACMEInstaller to work.
    It may still be that the glitch is in the PC<-->TP recognition issue.
    Start afresh.. uninstall using 'Remove Android' & Tailor in preware (&/or ACMEUninstaller in Palm, Inc folder via Command).
    Reinstall latest Zipped Nightly + CWM + MoBoot to created 'cminstall' folder on TP 'SD Card' & reload/reinstall using Command via 'Palm, Inc' (in Prog Files) & ACMEInstaller2. Then apply latest Zipped 'gapps' via CWM. Worked a treat for me.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/04/2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Sorry.. no, that was unclear of me.. I mean type: novacom boot mem://< ACMEUninstaller (or: novacom boot mem://< ACMEInstaller2) depending upon which you need to do etc.

Maybe delete your original Beta Testing Feed (by touch-sliding it and hitting 'delete') and then try re-loading exactly as per the Wiki instuctions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals to then download 'Tailor'?

Okay...on the instructions in the link you posted, there is a part that says "Gain access to the Linux command line on your device..."

Ummm...okay. How, pray tell, does one do that?
    Okay...on the instructions in the link you posted, there is a part that says "Gain access to the Linux command line on your device..."

Ummm...okay. How, pray tell, does one do that?
    WebosQuickInstall has a command line function to acces your device.
    You can use that.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Doh!

/smacks forehead

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this. The 0317 gapps did not work for me without gappsfixer. I couldn't get the play store or Gmail etc to work until I ran this. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Just did the update from from CM9 Alpha 2 and GAPPS from 01012012 to the latest official nightly 20120329 and GAPPS 20120317. Eventually everything worked fine though updating to the latest GAPPS was not straight forward.

Here's what I did:
    1. Created a nandroid backup via ClockWorkMod and a full Titanium backup. Copied both to a local PC (just in case).
    2. Booted into CWM, wiped the cache and the Dalvik cache (under advanced options)
    3. Installed the CM 20120329 nightly (via install ZIP from SD card)
    4. Installed the 0317 GAPPS (also via install ZIP from SD card)
    5. Rebooted into ICS (nice new boot animiation )

However, none of the GAPPS (Email, Calendar, Gmail, etc.) were working (when I tapped on them in the launcher or in the app drawer they would only flash for a split second, there was also no option to add a Google account in Settings/Accounts). So I continued with:
    6. Booted into CWM recovery
    7. Wiped cache and Dalvik cache
    8. Installed gapps_fixer.zip (via Install ZIP from SD card)
    9. Rebooted into ICS

Again, none of the GAPPS apps would work. So I continued with:
    10. Repeated steps 6. to 8.
    11. Wiped cache
    12. Rebooted into ICS

Et voila all my GAPPS were working! All I had to do was entering my Google account details (in the GMAIL app), replace the Email launcher icon from the drawer and enter my Exchange account details (for my work email). This process was not very elegant but took only about 10 minutes . I don't know what eventually did the trick (installing gapps_fixer twice or wiping the cache afterwards). Still overall better than a factory reset which would require to get all apps installed again and then restore all system data via a Titanum restore.

Before starting I'd recommend copying all ZIP files (latest CM9 nightly, 0317 GAPPS and the gapps_fixer) to the SD card (I used the root directory). I did this in webOS as I can mount it as a USB drive (faster than MTP transfer via ICS). I'd also recommend checking the MD5 hash of all those ZIP files after they were copied (you never know).

So far the 0329 nighly works very well. I ran an AnTuTu benchmark and it went up from 4576 to 4736 (with 1188 MHz CPU speed).
    Hi
    Thanks for the instructions about upgrading to a nightly build - one question though...

The only 'pains' I've found with CM9 on my touchpad are:
    * Microphone not working
    * Webcam not working
    * Wifi not reconnecting (e.g. put into airplane mode overnight - and to reconnect in the morning, I need to 'forget' the settings for my router - wpa psk security - and then re-connect/reenter my router passphrase)...

Is there any way of telling if the nightlies fix any of the above? - apart from the above, ICS works great!

Thanks

Carl.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbeech View Post
    * Wifi not reconnecting (e.g. put into airplane mode overnight - and to reconnect in the morning, I need to 'forget' the settings for my router - wpa psk security - and then re-connect/reenter my router passphrase)...
    Carl.
    I fixed this on my TouchPad with an app called FXR WiFi fixer Just click 'Fix My WiFi' and all seems to work now!