Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Well my whole point in asking was that I never wanted to mess or bother with any of that preware junk before, so that's why I wanted to know if it was absolutely necessary >.>

Guess it is though, boo. Oh well, guess I'll debate more on whether it's worth potentially ruining my TP or not. Wish I could find a link for the more stable CM7 though.
    Last edited by Xezat; 04/02/2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    Well my whole point in asking was that I never wanted to mess or bother with any of that preware junk before, so that's why I wanted to know if it was absolutely necessary >.>
    Preware junk eh...? Good luck, you're on your own.

Guess it is though, boo. Oh well, guess I'll debate more on whether it's worth potentially ruining my TP or not. Wish I could find a link for the more stable CM7 though.
    You've been missing out on a ton of apps and fixes and patches and mods to your TP, then.
    The fact that you believe cm7 is more stable on the TP than cm9 (never minding the preware crack) tells us all we need to know.

noseph likes this.
    I recently upgraded to the new apps package (20120317) and there appears to be no calendar application. Is this by design? Or is there a problem with the package?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funkimunk View Post
    I recently upgraded to the new apps package (20120317) and there appears to be no calendar application. Is this by design? Or is there a problem with the package?
    That's not by design. I also updated GAPPS to the 20120317 version and I do have the calendar app (though I'm using a 3rd app). Try installing the ZIP file via CWM (and clear the caches).
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    That's not by design. I also updated GAPPS to the 20120317 version and I do have the calendar app (though I'm using a 3rd app). Try installing the ZIP file via CWM (and clear the caches).
    I used CWM for each of the following steps:
    I cleared all caches and user data before installing the 20120317 ZIP the very first time and there was no calendar application.

I just wiped cache and dalvic cache and reinstalled the ZIP a second time per your advice, but still no calendar app.

What 3rd party calendar are you using?
    Last edited by funkimunk; 04/03/2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I used CWM for each of the following steps:
    I cleared all caches and user data before installing the 20120317 ZIP the very first time and there was no calendar application.

I just wiped cache and dalvic cache and reinstalled the ZIP a second time per your advice, but still no calendar app.

What 3rd party calendar are you using?
    Weird. Did you try to fix Gapps with the gapps_fixer.zip file (see my post on page 24).

I use Business Calendar. It was on sale for $0.99 the other day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I just tried the fixer.zip and that restored additional applications that were hidden or absent, but STILL no calendar.

Anybody have any other suggestions?
    I just tried the fixer.zip and that restored additional applications that were hidden or absent, but STILL no calendar.

Anybody have any other suggestions?
    If u have made a backup either from titanium or cwm, try restoring just the apps and its data and see if that fix the problem for u.
    Okay, I finally got the install to go through. My problem NOW is that when I try to boot into CM9, it starts the loading screen...but then goes dark and goes back to MOBOOT. My only option then is to boot into webOS. I installed the 3/30 nightly.
    I followed every single step in the article on the front page describing how to install Android on touchpad. Everything seems fine at first. When I try to boot CyanogenMod, I get the CyanogenMod logo boot for about 10 seconds, then my touchpad resets back to the os boot option. For some reason I cannot boot in Android. WebOS still works. I have tried installing and uninstalling android twice now and keep getting the same problem.

ps. I do NOT get an option of booting in ClockworkMod, as shown in the article.

Any ideas on how I can successfully install android?
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    <thread moved>

You're talking about this thread?

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Okay, I finally got the install to go through. My problem NOW is that when I try to boot into CM9, it starts the loading screen...but then goes dark and goes back to MOBOOT. My only option then is to boot into webOS. I installed the 3/30 nightly.
    I'm having the same issue. Starts booting android and then resets and goes back to moboot menu again. I tried installing/uninstalling 2 times now. Also I'm not sure if this impacts the installation or not but every time I install android my mac looses internet connection, I have to turn off/on wifi in order to get the connection back.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive been trying to get android on my touchpad for almost 2 hours now and no luck
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Starts booting android and then resets and goes back to moboot menu again. I tried installing/uninstalling 2 times now. Also I'm not sure if this impacts the installation or not but every time I install android my mac looses internet connection, I have to turn off/on wifi in order to get the connection back.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive been trying to get android on my touchpad for almost 2 hours now and no luck
    I got it to work on my third install!!!!!!!!!!

What I did different is used ACMEInstaller2 instead of ACMEInstaller (without the 2). I guess there is a difference between those files. When following installation guide that is posted on the front page of webosnations right now make sure you download ACMEInstaller2 and NOT ACMEInstaller.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    <merged threads>

Ayasinskiy solved their problem.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm getting stuck on the HP boot logo after running the command for acmeinstaller2. Anyone else have this problem? I went through the instructions three times and cannot figure out the mistake that I am making, any help would be appreciated

Edit: for those with this problem I ran this command "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2" instead of the command listed on the front page article and everything worked like a charm
    Last edited by vman77; 04/03/2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I got it to work on my third install!!!!!!!!!!

What I did different is used ACMEInstaller2 instead of ACMEInstaller (without the 2). I guess there is a difference between those files. When following installation guide that is posted on the front page of webosnations right now make sure you download ACMEInstaller2 and NOT ACMEInstaller.
    Probably a stupid question but...how do I uninstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Probably a stupid question but...how do I uninstall?
    Get ACMEUnistaller and put it in the same place you put ACMEInstaller2. Or I believe there's an app in preware to remove android from your device.
    I see the link for uninstaller in the OP, but the link appears dead right now. Any other source for this file?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk