Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I went ahead and updated the original post with info on the new official nightly builds. For anyone not up to date on their alphas, it's a great place to start.
    Please forgive this question, but I've read the first post several times, and SLOWLY to make sure I wasn't missing something bec. I was skimming it, but I am confused and/or thinking there might be a slight error in step 2. It states:

"If you've followed directions, you will now have a folder named CMinstall in the same directory that you've dropped the two files we just discussed."

I don't believe there are TWO files at this point. Am I correct? I mean, isn't it really just one file, the gapps zip file?

So, should it then read:

"If you've followed directions, you will now have a folder named CMinstall in the same directory that you've dropped the gapps zip file we just discussed."

If I'm wrong, I apologize for the inconvenience in advance.
    Does anyone know how to get NBA jam to work?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    Please forgive this question, but I've read the first post several times, and SLOWLY to make sure I wasn't missing something bec. I was skimming it, but I am confused and/or thinking there might be a slight error in step 2. It states:

"If you've followed directions, you will now have a folder named CMinstall in the same directory that you've dropped the two files we just discussed."

I don't believe there are TWO files at this point. Am I correct? I mean, isn't it really just one file, the gapps zip file?

So, should it then read:

"If you've followed directions, you will now have a folder named CMinstall in the same directory that you've dropped the gapps zip file we just discussed."

If I'm wrong, I apologize for the inconvenience in advance.
    You may be right - personally, I put all stuff in a subdirectory on the TP anyway and navigate to it from CWM.

ALan
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    You should probably update your gapps to something newer. I personally use gapps-ics-20120317-signed.
    Found this on Lilliputing and it worked. I now have the files I was missing:
    install Gapps

1. Use volume keys to select ClockworkMod (select by hitting home button)
    2. Use volume keys to select “install a zip from SDcard”
    3. Select “choose zip from sdcard”
    4. Select “cminstall”
    5. Select “Gapps ICS 4.0.3 11.12.22.zip”
    6. Select “Yes – Install Gapps ICS 4.0.4 11.12.22.zip”
    Finish

Select “reboot system now”
    Thanks for your suggestion

Well spotted! I think at the time this was originally written there was a necessary 'gapps fixer file' too.. but as this is no longer required because 'gapps' has been updated, having installed ICS, Moboot & CWM.. there should then only be this ONE 'extra' file to install.. yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Well spotted! I think at the time this was originally written there was a necessary 'gapps fixer file' too.. but as this is no longer required because 'gapps' has been updated, having installed ICS, Moboot & CWM.. there should then only be this ONE 'extra' file to install.. yes!

Ahhh...yes...now I remember. Thanks!!

I thought I was going crazy.
    Ahhh...yes...now I remember. Thanks!!

I thought I was going crazy.

Ha.. .. Easily done when juggling several OS's, files, zips and Puters all at once!

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Follow the instructions and it will work. Don't follow them and you are on your own.

Alzn
    Right, anyone have a better answer than this for my question? I mean, has anyone else not bothered putting it into dev mode or downloading some novacom thingy?
    Last edited by Xezat; 04/02/2012 at 09:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    Right, anyone have a better answer than this for my question? I mean, has anyone else not bothered putting it into dev mode or downloading some novacom thingy?
    Yes, of course. Why would they list instructions you don't have to do?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    So what is so hard about following the instructions?

Alan
    Why wouldn't you do any of that? The novacom installation is essential to even getting the Quick Install going. Dev mode is just a few taps on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    You should probably update your gapps to something newer. I personally use gapps-ics-20120317-signed.
    What am I missing out on with older gapps? I'm being honest, not sarcastic. Honestly, I really don't know.

I have 010112 version and I'm afraid of screwing something up if I try to upgrade to newer gapps because I've read that some people here are having probs after installing newer versions.
    My widgets - twitter, facebook, weather, etc - don't appear to be updating unless I actually open the apps. Is anyone else having the same issue?
    Can I tether the cm9 to an iPhone for web browsing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgr8wun View Post
    Can I tether the cm9 to an iPhone for web browsing?
    I tether my Pre3 to the TP running CM9 with no hassles.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Has anyone used rohan32's "supreme" mods v1.4 on their CM9 install?
    Wondering how its working out for those folks.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Tried installing CM9...getting hung up on Step 3, though.

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...-step-3-a.html
    I had the same problem...I uninstalled novacom...reinstalled novacom... reinstalled webos quickinstall...restarted the computer...tried everything but didn't work. This was on my Toshiba laptop running windows xp.

Then I installed novacom/quick install on wife's HP laptop running windows 7 and tried there and it worked on the first attempt smoothly without any hiccups at all.

So I don't know what eventually made it work but switching to another computer running latest OS worked for me...not that I am saying windows xp can't handle this operation but u may wanna give shot with a different computer if u could. I am not expert when it comes to such things but if I have to guess what was causing the problem in the first place, I would guess USB ports.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    What am I missing out on with older gapps? I'm being honest, not sarcastic. Honestly, I really don't know.

I have 010112 version and I'm afraid of screwing something up if I try to upgrade to newer gapps because I've read that some people here are having probs after installing newer versions.
    I share your sentiments hopefully we get a good answer for this.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Gapps 03172012 works and let's u update YouTube. I installed the cm9 nightly 03292012 (from the link given in OP) and also newer gapps...works well.

Ncinerate, thank you again for update/upgrade instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I share your sentiments hopefully we get a good answer for this.
    I was unable to update gapps 03172012 version through usual way (cwm>install zip from SD>choose from SD ....) in my case it worked partially bcuz most of the apps would flash and close itself or give me the msg of app isn't installed. So I did a factory reset/wipe from cwm and installed gapps again. This time it worked but lost all the settings/customization. Spend half an hour to customize the settings and get all the apps from play store. So yes it worked but the hard way. Only reason I updated to newer gapps was to update YouTube (don't ask me why...lol). But now everything is working fine.