Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    So I had CM9 all working on my 16gb Touchpad.

Had an active/live background (Ice Galaxy)

Had LCD DPI app installed and set to 120.

Decided to update to new nightly build.

Follow all instructions to wipe cache and davick etc.

Installed new build.

Android started but has gone back to standard DPI.

Now it usually unlocks to a frozen background with no buttons or options.

If I start it from a cold boot in to Android I may see a few icons but can't select anything to set the DPI back to 120 and thereby make everything fit on the screen again.

Is there anything I can do to

1) Get the DPI back so I may be select things and see if it's just that that messed selections up.

2) Not have to start all over again ?

I had some apps etc installed and it condigured how I liked it but didn't (I know, I know) back up. Plan was to get the new build working and then back up everything with Titanium etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you saying you've reinstalled Alpha2 and it didn't fix these issues?
  2.    #482  
    I went ahead and updated the original post with info on the new official nightly builds. For anyone not up to date on their alphas, it's a great place to start.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Once the cache etc. is wiped per instructions and one installs a nightly;
    do you need to reinstall a gapps file? The 120 DPI file?
    Or would these prior files still remain (leaving aside compatibility issues for a moment).
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    is there a change log for the nightlies? I am interested to install the nightlies but I want to know what changed
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    is there a change log for the nightlies? I am interested to install the nightlies but I want to know what changed

CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Ace

To be included in next nightly:
    Dialpad : Disable overscroll for T9Top (android_packages_apps_Contacts)
    update-cm-9-20120329-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip
    Disable AVRCP 1.3 for Ford (Sony) car stereos, which have a completely broken AVRCP 1.3 implementation. (android_external_bluetooth_bluez)Fix a couple of wrong AVRCP 1.3 responses. (android_external_bluetooth_bluez)Improve AVRCP 1.3 metadata packet generation. (android_external_bluetooth_bluez)Fix alignment issues in AVRCP 1.3 code. (android_external_bluetooth_bluez)Bluez: Changing AVRCP connect timeout to four seconds. (android_external_bluetooth_bluez)Bluetooth: Ignore the Genre attribute length for AVRCP 1.3 Metadata request (android_external_bluetooth_bluez)Bluetooth: AVRCP 1.3 feature changes (android_external_bluetooth_bluez)stagefright: remove extra QCOM ifndef (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: fix build for msm7x27 (android_frameworks_base)softwarerenderer: exynos4: mali alignment (android_frameworks_base)omxcodec: added buffersize logic back in (android_frameworks_base)Add missing symbols for HTC 8660 camera HAL. (android_frameworks_base)stagefright: more exynos4 enhancements (android_frameworks_base)Dialer: Underp the layout (android_packages_apps_Contacts)frameworks/base: SystemUI: fix merge error in NetworkController (android_frameworks_base)camera: Full support for HTC camera switch (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base: fix duplicate strings in el/ja/ko translations (android_frameworks_base)Camera: Allow a device to request the focus modes at build time (android_packages_apps_Camera)libstagefright: Fix an ifdef from QCOM merge (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Add support for High Frame Rate Encoding (android_frameworks_base)libmediaplayerservice: Enable b-frame recording (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Enable metadata mode recording (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Set high frame rate encoding flag to 0 by default (android_frameworks_base)LGEQualcommUiccRIL: New subclass to deal with the latest qcom RIL (android_frameworks_base)QualcommNoSimReadyRIL: Drop the initialstatechange check (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Fix crash during 3D Video playback (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: State checks before calling OMX_FreeBuffer (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Fix for crash during playback of unsupported clip (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Add interlaced video support (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Crop the native window with the display resolution (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Enable frame by frame mode (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Handle error on allocate buffer failure (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Change allocation buffer count for VideoEditor (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Fix to free buffers properly in ERROR state (android_frameworks_base)framework\base:: remove decrypt handle (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Use QCOM Non tunnel AAC HW Encoder for AAC recording (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright : Fix for clips with Corrupt NAL length (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base: Add rendering statistics to Stagefright (Adapted) (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Add support for fragmented MPEG4 container (android_frameworks_base)Add customized parameters for qcom camera features. (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base/NuPlayer: Handle Seek from NuPlayer (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base/nuplayer: Support for dynamic port reconfig in HTTP Live (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: return proper color format on target basis. (android_frameworks_base)httplive/ACodec: Enable smooth streaming (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Add NV12 Tile to RGB color conversion (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Check for H.264 profile when using sw decoder. (android_frameworks_base)Fixed issue with MPEG4 with 0 audio channels. (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Add check for zero chunk size. (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Adding support for k3g1, skm3 and mp41 major brands (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright : Fix to support mmp4 file type (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright : Fix to support AVC1 and MSNV file types (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base: libstagefright: use new gralloc header (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Populating sync sample index for Video track only. (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Checking buffer size. (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Remove qcelp decoder from encoder info list (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: changes to return proper HAL Pixel format for video buffers. (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Add property to enable software decoder for video (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Changes to support NV21 pixel format Video buffer (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base/nuplayer: Fixes to enable HTTP live streaming (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Ignore other sniffers if current sniffer returns positive confidence (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base: Add support for QCELP/EVRC non-tunnel encoding in SF (android_frameworks_base)libmedia: Update media profile cap for video codecs (android_frameworks_base)camcorder: disable audio temporarily. (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Initial commit for Camcorder bringup (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base - suspend implementation for video playback (android_frameworks_base)Camera: Add mode in Framework Structure (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Framework changes for video bringup (android_frameworks_base)frameworks/base: Enabling mmparser for AVI, ASF, QCP, AAC formats (android_frameworks_base)libstagefright: Initial commit for video (android_frameworks_base)stagefright: Additional types for Colorconvertor (android_frameworks_base)framework/base: Add customized parameters for camera features. (android_frameworks_base)framework/base: Change to enable mm-parser. (android_frameworks_base)msm7k: build libstagefrighthw for any qcom platform (android_hardware_msm7k)camera: change camera node permissions and add certain parameters. (android_system_core)Add support for external dock batterys (android_frameworks_base)qcom/media: build only legacy audio (android_hardware_qcom_media)omx: support for samsungs opensource vp8 and fp avc decoders (android_frameworks_base)Profiles: Change the 'Reset all' icon to a better image (android_packages_apps_Settings)Profiles: UI/UX consistency and cleanup (Part 1 of 2) (android_packages_apps_Settings)Profiles: UI/UX consistency and cleanup (Part 2 of 2) (android_frameworks_base)Quiet Hours: Add new Time Range preference and summary text (android_packages_apps_Settings)RU-Update-Settings (android_packages_apps_Settings)Use the correct key for brightness control (android_packages_apps_Settings)Fix status bar brightness control key (android_frameworks_base)Turkish: Fix too long on/off text for setting toggle (android_frameworks_base)Settings: tr: Update Turkish translations (android_packages_apps_Settings)RU-Update-Superuser (android_packages_apps_Superuser)Japanese: revised translation (android_packages_apps_Settings)Apn settings fixes / code maintainence (android_packages_apps_Settings)Phone : Update reference to Apn Settings (android_packages_apps_Phone)RU-MMS-Fixed patch conflict (android_packages_apps_Mms)Bulgarian phonetic keyboard layout (android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME)Fix crash when the last played file is missing (android_packages_apps_Music)fix depmod, and add taskset and adjtimex applets (android_external_busybox)add MotoWrigley3GRIL (android_frameworks_base)Missing Unicode character definitions causing buggy prediction (android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME)Restore flashlight. (android_frameworks_base)Profiles: Switch to Tabbed layout for the Profiles Settings screen (android_packages_apps_Settings).
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/30/2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Attn: ncinerate.

'Task Changer' App used with webOS-like card switcher *appears* to cause freeze on boot with latest Cyanogenmod nightlies.. so far anyway.

Also 'Getjar' - "Does not recognise your 'Phone'" :: Build.prop issue? Any edit recommended?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/30/2012 at 03:54 PM.
  7.    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Attn: ncinerate.

'Task Changer' App used with webOS-like card switcher *appears* to cause freeze on boot with latest Cyanogenmod nightlies.. so far anyway.

Also 'Getjar' - "Does not recognise your 'Phone'" :: Build.prop issue? Any edit recommended?

confirmed, don't use task changer. Running it will freeze the TP on boot and require a factory reset on the 3/29 nightly. Gapps may also require a factory reset (recommend the 3/17 gapps), there is a good post about this on pg 24 of this thread. Will look into getjar later.

Nightly builds can be temperamental . On the plus side, my battery life on 3/29 nightly seems better than ever. Do remember to log out of google talk.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Meh, if everyone says this alpha build of ICS is stable enough, guess I'll give it a try...some questions though:

If I decide I don't like it after all, how hard is it to get it back to just running webOS? I mean (hopefully) this isn't something that permanently alters the TP right?

Is there really any point to some nightly build? I might turn on my TP once a day, if even that, and I dislike having to do what sounds like updating every day? I mean I'm ready to drop Firefox as my browser since they insist on pushing through so many stupid builds now every month just to give you an idea.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    Meh, if everyone says this alpha build of ICS is stable enough, guess I'll give it a try...some questions though:

If I decide I don't like it after all, how hard is it to get it back to just running webOS? I mean (hopefully) this isn't something that permanently alters the TP right?

Is there really any point to some nightly build? I might turn on my TP once a day, if even that, and I dislike having to do what sounds like updating every day? I mean I'm ready to drop Firefox as my browser since they insist on pushing through so many stupid builds now every month just to give you an idea.
    It's very easy to uninstall CM9. It sounds like you should stick with the major releases.
    Thank you so much for this great resource! I have a few questions that I hope the community can help me with:

First, I installed CM9 on my TP last night, and I did so WITHOUT putting the TP in developer mode in WebOS. What are the consequences, if any, of failing to put the system into developer mode prior to installing CM9?

Second, I have been searching for a method to over-clock the TP, and have come across app-based solutions and kernel-direct solutions. Is any one better than the other? Which OC method is the preferred method that results in the highest benchmarks?

Finally, I am having trouble with managing my "connected" widgets - they just don't seem to update even though I have an active, working WiFi connection. I can get on the web just fine, but my Twitter, weather, and e-mail widgets just don't seem to be fetching new data. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again for all of your work!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Once the cache etc. is wiped per instructions and one installs a nightly;
    do you need to reinstall a gapps file? The 120 DPI file?
    Or would these prior files still remain (leaving aside compatibility issues for a moment).
    I believe you will have to reinstall the dpi file, however it has been my experience that gapps may not be needed but it does not hurt to reapply it any way.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I think all my gapps( gapps4.03 11.12.22 zip) didn't install or only partially installed. For example, I don't have the Android market app. Looking for suggestions. What apps should I have?
    Can you help me with this?
    Thanks for all of your efforts in developing the guide
    Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    confirmed, don't use task changer. Running it will freeze the TP on boot and require a factory reset on the 3/29 nightly. Gapps may also require a factory reset (recommend the 3/17 gapps), there is a good post about this on pg 24 of this thread. Will look into getjar later.

Thanks heaps!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had a pretty virgin WebOS 3.0.5 got as far as running novacom.

It started the install (CM9 following post #1)) . Looking not too bad I thought...

Then it got stalled sitting with loads of text on the screen (a few minutes after starting the text scrolling).

I just left it alone still connected to my Dell XPS and walked away for 1/2 hr. Came back still at the same stage. Decided to leave it alone for a while went out did a load of stuff came back and still on same line/screen. Total time since Novacom start was five (yes 5) hours.

Ejected from the computer, tried a reboot of the Touchpad. NADA

Tried seeing if would be recognized by WebDoctor...nope

Waiting for battery to die to see if I can bring back to life.

Anyone been this route?

By the way everything on a UPS and Win 7 Home 64 bit current SP. System is a Dell 9100 with 12 GB RAM and two 2 GB drives with NOTHING running. Antivirus et als turned off.

==============================
    Update

Finally got the battery drained.

Did the recovery route held Power & Home THEN plugged into charger and voila got back into WebOS. Went into preware, removed ANDROID, then started again and now have ICS installed. Must have been a hiccup somewhere on the original ICS install.
    Last edited by visiter555; 03/31/2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I believe you will have to reinstall the dpi file, however it has been my experience that gapps may not be needed but it does not hurt to reapply it any way.
    Thanks!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So I think I want to go with the stable CM9 Alpha2 build, but after reading through the guide on the front page, do I have to do the whole opening up developer mode and instaling nova-whatever with my TP beforehand? I never found it desirable to bother with any of that stuff, can I just skip to step 1 instead on the guide and go from there? Or do I have to do the stuff in step 0 first?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Follow the instructions and it will work. Don't follow them and you are on your own.

Alzn
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdk714 View Post
    I think all my gapps( gapps4.03 11.12.22 zip) didn't install or only partially installed. For example, I don't have the Android market app. Looking for suggestions. What apps should I have?
    Can you help me with this?
    Thanks for all of your efforts in developing the guide
    Bruce
    You should probably update your gapps to something newer. I personally use gapps-ics-20120317-signed.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Tried installing CM9...getting hung up on Step 3, though.

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...-step-3-a.html
    Thanks for the guide, Got cm9 nightly installed no probs.

When I try and play anything on YouTube it plays for about 1 sec and then jumps to the end.
    Is that a limitation of the stock browser? Or do I need to do something else to get this working properly?

Thanks.