Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GACPad View Post
    When one does a backup with CWM where does it put the backup files/save sets? I have quite a few versions and would like to clean some out. Thanks.
    it saves in your sdcard
    sdcard>>clockworkmod>>backup>>folder named in this format :YYYY-MM-DD.HH.MM.SS
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Is the OP up-to-date and reliable? Are there any surprises I should know about?

I am going to try to install CM9 as soon as I get a chance--hopefully today--and that's what I'd be using.

Thank you for any advice!
    i follow ncinerates original post on modding webos and went fine without any glitches or hiccups. Followed his OP for android and went perfectly fine. Currently have a beautiful and nicely working TP with android on it.

This is what i would suggest though. Once you are done installing it go to CMW and make a backup of the working copy of ur android CM9. In case something goes wrong while trying other apps you can always restore it from that backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    In the 'clockworkmod' folder in 'backup' on your 'SD Card'.

I also found another way - The ROM Manager app lets you do it in the GUI.
    I was off to a great start into ICS land - but lately I can't find a working combo. I have the nightly from 3-15 and GAPPS from 010112 running fine. OBTW - CWM Backup/Restore works vera nice!

So the problem is just about any other nightly (I have not tried them all but most) does not work. They install but some of the google apps don't work after - apps that do work on my good config. The main one being Play Google or whatever it is called.

Does anyone have a more current combo working?

----------- Update
    I installed the 3/20 update and the 010112 GAPPS and they work together so far. Still looking for a newer GAPPS to work though.
    ------------Update2
    SO everyone in the world probably knew this but me. JIC there is more than just me. :-) I was having problems getting Google apps to run after updating any version of GAPPS (other than 010112) I did get the latest nightlies to run with 010112. I tried an experiment while looking at ROM Manager. It has options to manage backup/restore and load from ROM. I ran load from ROM on the latest GAPPS 3/17. It worked fine. The only drawback is that it makes you set up Google Apps after every update, but "Play" keeps your apps - so you can reinstall them. A bit of a pain but you get the newest GAPPS.
    Last edited by GACPad; 03/21/2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: New data
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjw133 View Post
    I've tried downloading the installer but it seams to be a dud file. It is simply listed as a "File" rather than a zip or java file. anyideas?
    the hosting site the op is using is kinda flaky....the gapps file took almost 90 minutes to download on my 20mb connection lol
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I had the same issues as above. Ended up wiping it all manually, destroying all the Android partitions and starting again.

I used the latest nightly build and the latest GAPPS. Everything seems to work OK. I'm not messing around with it at the moment (there is a later GAPPS than the one I used, but mine seems OK).

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I had the same issues as above. Ended up wiping it all manually, destroying all the Android partitions and starting again.

I used the latest nightly build and the latest GAPPS. Everything seems to work OK. I'm not messing around with it at the moment (there is a later GAPPS than the one I used, but mine seems OK).

Alan
    Alan sh - what are the versions on the GAPPPS and nightly that are working for you? thx
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    The GAPPS version is "gapps-ics-20120304-signed" - I do have a later version (17th Mar but haven't used it yet)

Nighly version - not sure. Around the 3rd or 4th March version.

Alan
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the Wifi issues are being worked on? I'm still getting issues when using channel 11, which I cannot change (Connectify)

Alan
    Does anyone know how to get the GameLoft and E.A. games to work?!?!?!???? I'm running CM9 Alpha 2
    I currently have CM9 Alpha 2 installed. If I wanted to try out one of the nightlies and different GApps, is the only method doing a full uninstall (using the ACMEUninstaller), or can I just use CWM/ROM Manager to flash the ROM?

(Obviously, I would first make a back-up of my current CM9 Alpha 2 in CWM/ROM Manager)
    Last edited by realrickjames; 03/21/2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcamacho228 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get the GameLoft and E.A. games to work?!?!?!???? I'm running CM9 Alpha 2
    If you look at reverendkyle on YouTube he shows you how. You have to change your build prop file to match that of a supported android tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by realrickjames View Post
    I currently have CM9 Alpha 2 installed. If I wanted to try out one of the nightlies and different GApps, is the only method doing a full uninstall (using the ACMEUninstaller), or can I just use CWM/ROM Manager to flash the ROM?

(Obviously, I would first make a back-up of my current CM9 Alpha 2 in CWM/ROM Manager)
    I have been doing the nightlies with the process Ncinerate details for doing an upgrade. You basically bring up CWM, clear caches and do the install from ZIP stull. It might work with ROM Manager. I don't know. But I found that in order to get the newer GAPPS to run I have to install the newer versions of them with ROM Manager. No uninstall is necessary unless you have major issues.
    Question for those that installed ICS. I am finding that whenever I go to a website, it always defaults to the mobile version which I hate. I am using both the stock browser and Firefox. Is there some setting I can use to make it use the full site? The WebOS browers do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GACPad View Post
    I have been doing the nightlies with the process Ncinerate details for doing an upgrade. You basically bring up CWM, clear caches and do the install from ZIP stull. It might work with ROM Manager. I don't know. But I found that in order to get the newer GAPPS to run I have to install the newer versions of them with ROM Manager. No uninstall is necessary unless you have major issues.
    Gotcha, thanks!
    First, thank you, thank you! to the folks who made this so easy for us to do! I installed it yesterday, and although the OP is just a tiny bit off with some details, it ended up installing beautifully. THANK YOU!

The scariest part was this happening, as was posted earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post
    I tried the install again and this time its been 'installing' for about 1.5 hours with timeout messages like this:

[ 3548.294803] msm_timer_set_next_event(12) clock dg_timer, alarm already expired, now 939719d2, alarm 939719d6, late -4

Slight variations of that message appear over and over again. Hmmmm
    I finally got one line that said, "...alarm already expired, now...etc...., late -4, stop printing", or something to that effect. It sat for a minute doing nothing, then continued to scroll through a bunch of text. My eye caught something that said, "This will delete all of your data" or something like that. Eep.

Before I knew it, it was at a black screen with the two penguins just sitting there. For a moment, I was a bit scared. But then it finally continued to where it was supposed to be and I was able to continue following the directions in the OP. Everything went smoothly after that, and it appears that everything works great! App catalog, wifi--all are fine.

I am so thrilled to have this because now I can use Evernote offline. That was THE one app that was making my TP less than effective. I had fun showing it off to some collegues and friends last night, but I really couldn't take any credit at all for it. Everything was laid out so nicely for us.

So THANK YOU again.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleJosh View Post
    Question for those that installed ICS. I am finding that whenever I go to a website, it always defaults to the mobile version which I hate. I am using both the stock browser and Firefox. Is there some setting I can use to make it use the full site? The WebOS browers do this.
    In the stock Browser go into Setting|Advanced|User Agent and set it to Desktop. I suspect that Firefox has a similar setting.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Looking at the Rom Manager, there is an option to isnall a Touch version of CWM. Anyone tried this yet?

Alan
    I'm new to Android - installed CM9 on my TP on 3/19 (using 3/18 nightly), and been playing with it quite a lot in the past few days. Most everything has been working well - doing a lot of fighting with Windoze7 shares, but that is a different story (indications from my linux media server are that the problem is ALL W7).

Wireless has been working almost perfectly for me, until this morning! But I think I have found part of the problem. Put simply, if the tablet is too close to my Netgear WMDR3700 router AND the 2.4GHz radio is using channel 11 when it tries to make a connection, it is screwed! When this happens, the ONLY way to get it working again is to move further away and turn Wi-Fi off and back on. I have duplicated this issue about many times over the past two days. It is not an issue with using either the 5MHz or 2.4MHz bands, so long as the tablet makes the connection before I get too close to the router.

Once a wireless connection is made, it seems to keep using it just fine no matter where it is, and it switches quickly and automatically between SIDs as I move around to different signal strength areas. But if I reboot the tablet while near my main router with it set to ch11, or do anything else to cause it to have to make a new wireless connection when I am too close, it just stops working. And it does not matter what network to which I try and connect - just the act of connecting when too close to the router causes the problem. All the networks are still shown, but even trying to force a connection to any of them just gets no results beyond showing "Disabled" status under all the other networks. If I simply walk out of the room and turn Wi-Fi off/on, all is back to normal.

I found information on the RootzWiki forum that says this problem is specifically related to the current CM9 wireless driver not liking channel 11, but my TP seems to work perfectly while connected to channel 11. And I do not have this problem if I set my Linksys router to ch11, no matter how close I get with the tablet. So for me, the problem seems to be specific to the combination of the WNDR3700 router set to ch11 AND the tablet being too close to that router when it tries to connect to any signal.
    Last edited by Mauserkm; 03/23/2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: updated information
  20.    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Everything was laid out so nicely for us.

So THANK YOU again.
    Glad I could help. It's a bit overwhelming when you first look at things, but once you break it down everything goes pretty smoothly.

I have no doubt you'll enjoy it - I'm at least 90% and probably closer to 95% android-use with my touchpad now, it's just -that- good.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html