Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    up and running
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    is there a way to overclock the touchpad again? It feels jumpy in stock form with android. maybe its just cuz its alpha and I need to be patient lol
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    wife's "magicgem" game wont play =/
    @agentmock

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    is there a way to overclock the touchpad again? It feels jumpy in stock form with android. maybe its just cuz its alpha and I need to be patient lol

I use 'Antutu CPU Master' free.

I installed CM9 following instructions but because I had downloaded Clockworkmod twice (by accidednt) it had a (1) after the filename so did not install. So I have CM9 Alpha 2 working but no option in MOBOOT to boot to Clockworkmod. Do I have to start over and uninstall CM9, or is there a way I can just install Clockworkmod.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manjazz123 View Post
    I use CM9 probably 90% of the time now, it is awesome!!! (for what I use a tablet for)

MX Video Player App is the besttttttttttttt <3 <3
    Don't forget. VLC media player is out for ICS and Gingerbread..

[APP][16MAR][GB|ICS] VLC Media Player Beta *unofficial* +Update1 - xda-developers

It is in its alpha stage, so expect it to be a little buggy.

Ive installed it on my TP CM9. And have had no issues playing back AVI, MP4, and MKV (though there are playback issues which fast forwarding and rewind causes the app to hang).
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I installed CM9 following instructions but because I had downloaded Clockworkmod twice (by accidednt) it had a (1) after the filename so did not install. So I have CM9 Alpha 2 working but no option in MOBOOT to boot to Clockworkmod. Do I have to start over and uninstall CM9, or is there a way I can just install Clockworkmod.

Thanks
    Hi Upsidedown,

I forgot to install GAPPS so I just installed it the same way I did CM9. All went great.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    When one does a backup with CWM where does it put the backup files/save sets? I have quite a few versions and would like to clean some out. Thanks.
    I use cm9 and update with nightlies. I cannot tell what miui I can play with let alone find. Any chance of a tutorial?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    when is there going to be another update, it's almost a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoterchor View Post
    2) How do I try/install different file/version of gapps? Reason being I can't update you tube with the one I have currently installed (it gives me package not signed correctly error. Also, it doesn't let me manually uninstall it to try the most updated version of you tube from google play store).
    So to install different file/version of gapps should I just follow the instructions of installing gapps from OP and it will write over the old files OR do I need to remove older version of gapps first and then install the newer one? If so, how do I remove older version of gapps?
    I have the same issue of not being able to update YouTube. I tried the latest GApps (gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip from Goo-inside.me Downloads - Browsing gapps) and it messed everything up. The icons for GMail, Play, etc. would show up but launching them would do nothing; the app would appear to start and then immediately close. It also removed my Google accounts and wouldn't let me re-add them.

Do we have to wait for an updated GApps package every time one of the apps updates? I also found cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps_ics_4.0.3_v11.zip on the CM forums, but I haven't tried it. I'm not sure how it's different from the 20120317 package, but I've seen a few others like it (denoted with "v11" or "v10", etc.).
    Is the OP up-to-date and reliable? Are there any surprises I should know about?

I am going to try to install CM9 as soon as I get a chance--hopefully today--and that's what I'd be using.

Thank you for any advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Is the OP up-to-date and reliable? Are there any surprises I should know about?

I am going to try to install CM9 as soon as I get a chance--hopefully today--and that's what I'd be using.

Thank you for any advice!
    No surprises when I did it. I had to get the Touchpad into USB mode by turning it off, plugging it into the computer, and then holding power and volume down. It wouldn't work the other way. All in all, it took no more than 10 minutes to set up (and most of that was just waiting while ACMEInstaller2 did all the work).
    I've tried downloading the installer but it seams to be a dud file. It is simply listed as a "File" rather than a zip or java file. anyideas?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I know asking for ETAs, especially in the CM case, is risking a death sentence But I still was wondering whether there is any indication of an Alpha 3 with at least a fix for the battery drain issue? I still think Alpha 2 is a bit too risky to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by GACPad View Post
    When one does a backup with CWM where does it put the backup files/save sets? I have quite a few versions and would like to clean some out. Thanks.

In the 'clockworkmod' folder in 'backup' on your 'SD Card'.

Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I know asking for ETAs, especially in the CM case, is risking a death sentence But I still was wondering whether there is any indication of an Alpha 3 with at least a fix for the battery drain issue? I still think Alpha 2 is a bit too risky to run.

"You vill be shot at Dawn!"

Alpha2 is great.. Try a Nightly update instead then mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjw133 View Post
    I've tried downloading the installer but it seams to be a dud file. It is simply listed as a "File" rather than a zip or java file. anyideas?
    I believe it's supposed to be that way. It didn't have a file extension when I downloaded it either, but everything still worked when I followed the commands.
    Did the update yesterday. I done CM7 a while ago but just couldn't get used to it so I went back to WebOS until now. Here are my observations.

1) Nothing beats synergy. I have accounts on live and yahoo (not google), and Synergy brought them all together in one contacts list. I have not found the methodolgy to do this in ICS.

2) Similar to above, I have added my wifes account to my TP under webOS but only sync contact...so again we only need to maintain a unified contact list!

3) Android browser is better. We all knew that. Enough said. Let's hope the new browser WebOS internals is working on will resolve some of our WebOS Android issues.

4) There are more apps on ICS, but some of the ones I want will not run on TP. Scrabble. ZInio is not stable. Sonos controller will only run in portrait mode.

5) Wifi is less sensitive on ICS.

6) ICS is still not WebOS.

Many of these are known issues and concerns, but overall I find myself still going back to WebOS. Now give me a good browser, and ability to run Android apps in a card and I will be very happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoiceless View Post
    I have the same issue of not being able to update YouTube. I tried the latest GApps (gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip from Goo-inside.me Downloads - Browsing gapps) and it messed everything up. The icons for GMail, Play, etc. would show up but launching them would do nothing; the app would appear to start and then immediately close. It also removed my Google accounts and wouldn't let me re-add them.

Do we have to wait for an updated GApps package every time one of the apps updates? I also found cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps_ics_4.0.3_v11.zip on the CM forums, but I haven't tried it. I'm not sure how it's different from the 20120317 package, but I've seen a few others like it (denoted with "v11" or "v10", etc.).
    same thing happened with me with different gapps file i tried in pursuit to update youtube. As you described it even removed google account and didn't have it the list of accounts i could add. So i uninstalled everything using ACMEUninstaller and reinstalled everything. I used the gapps posted in OP by ncinerate and everything works beautifully. All other apps updates perfectly except for youtube. So I am not trying any other gapps since the current version of youtube works pretty nicely.

If you end up reinstalling everything (of course after uninstalling everything) make sure you make a backup of working CM9 Alpha 2 from clockwork mode and then try other gapps if u want. I now have a backup of working copy of CM9 Alpha 2 with all the apps I wanted...so in case something goes wrong i can just restore it from my back up