Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    I tried installing CM9 tonight using the 0314 nightly, and got the "screensaver thing" same as GACPad. A long-hold on Home+Power and I returned quickly to the comforting embrace of webOS. Maybe I'll try again in a few days....
    Thank you ncinerate for your detailed and an informative guide. Encountered no problems at all. However, I do have few questions if someone could help me.

1) In case I decide not to stick with android, how do I uninstall cm9 alpha 2 completely from my touchpad? I saw the instructions for uninstalling cm7 but can't find anywhere for cm9. If someone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

2) How do I try/install different file/version of gapps? Reason being I can't update you tube with the one I have currently installed (it gives me package not signed correctly error. Also, it doesn't let me manually uninstall it to try the most updated version of you tube from google play store).

Another reason I want to try different file/version of gapps is the version I installed on my touchpad doesn't have calendar (at least I can't see it on mine).

So to install different file/version of gapps should I just follow the instructions of installing gapps from OP and it will write over the old files OR do I need to remove older version of gapps first and then install the newer one? If so, how do I remove older version of gapps?

3) I have installed adobe flash from google play store so I am able to play flash videos in browser BUT I am unable to minimize the flash videos from the full screen mode. Someone please confirm if it's a glitch/bug or am I missing something here? Or are there any tricks or special way of minimizing the flash videos being played full screen in web browser.

Thank you all for your help, suggestions, and posts. A special thanks to ncinerate for your detailed guide.
    "On your first boot-up you don't want EITHER of these options - you want to boot into CLOCKWORKMOD"

Ok ncinerate- how exactly do you do this. is there some button to press or does it show up on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by redwood_usa View Post
    "On your first boot-up you don't want EITHER of these options - you want to boot into CLOCKWORKMOD"

Ok ncinerate- how exactly do you do this. is there some button to press or does it show up on the screen.
    It will be a choice on the boot menu.
    Use volume rocker to highlight the selection, then home button to select.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by acsian View Post
    on my 3rd day using cm9 alpha 2. Wow! Just installed asphalt 6, modern combat 3, no issues! The graphics is so nice.

Just change the build prop file settings ro.product.model=SGH-t989 and ro.product.brand=samsung

the samsung s2 has the same processor and gpu type as the TP.
    I downloaded the prop build editor app and changed these two settings. This do allow me to finally download game loft games, but when I launch them, they boot the game loft logo screen, then go to black and then they just go back to my gave apps screen. This happens with both "brothers in arms 2" and "gt racing" apps.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Do not know how many enterprise users we have here, but getting proxy support on the webOS side was a big deal. Well it seems that it is built-in to CM9, however it is partially hidden. From the network that you want proxy support on you need to long press on the network name in Settings, select Modify network then check Show advanced options, and there you will find your Proxy settings. No need for a third party proxy app.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Ncinerate - there are newer GAPPS files (than the version in your getting started guide) located on this site: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Browsing gapps. Do these work on CM9 TP? Or is it just that the one you specify has been tested/known good? I ask becasue Wallet is not working. Not that i use it but wondering if other apps may not be working/missing needing updates.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I reinstalled using the latest nightly build and the latest GAPPS. It seems OK. I haven't checked Wallet, but then Idon't use it.

Alan
    Hi, I have installed CMP Alpha 2 on my touchpad and all went well. However when I long press on the main screen I only get an option to change the wallpaper. I thought I would get a shortcut to app option or add a widget etc. but nothing..

Is there a setting I need to change somewher?

Thanks

Sam
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samharman View Post
    Hi, I have installed CMP Alpha 2 on my touchpad and all went well. However when I long press on the main screen I only get an option to change the wallpaper. I thought I would get a shortcut to app option or add a widget etc. but nothing..

Is there a setting I need to change somewher?

Thanks

Sam
    To add apps or widgets to your launcher you have to tap on the little icon (6 small dots) in the top right corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I reinstalled using the latest nightly build and the latest GAPPS. It seems OK. I haven't checked Wallet, but then Idon't use it.

Alan
    I too installed the March 16 nightly and can no longer access the Play Store. My previous install was the March 8 daily. I installed the latest gapps; still no luck.

Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this will be greatly appreciated.
    I just updated my failed 0314 install with the 0316 nightly using clockworkmod recovery, and it booted up this time. I noticed I had no gapps, so I rebooted back into clockworkmod recovery and installed the original gapps again (the 010112 version). after booting up I had no problem getting into the android market, which then updated itself to Play Store automatically.
    Yes.. 0316 Nightly + 20120304 Gapps seems like a good combo too.. but I get a white-out in the Notifcations area with 'webOS-like card' patch still..

Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Read the post right above yours. Most of the gameloft games work, you just need to edit your build.prop file to pretend to be a different kind of device (the one he is mentioning above is virtually identical in terms of hardware).
    I followed the steps. Then d/l GTFree. It boots into a black screen, then closes.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    I downloaded the prop build editor app and changed these two settings. This do allow me to finally download game loft games, but when I launch them, they boot the game loft logo screen, then go to black and then they just go back to my gave apps screen. This happens with both "brothers in arms 2" and "gt racing" apps.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?
    I downloaded GT Racing and I am getting the same result as you.

I went to the game site and found that the Samsung SGH-T989 is not on the compatibility list.

I am stuck and don't know what to do now....

Sorry, if we are getting off topic...
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    CM9 is Great!!!! A definite step up from CM7
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I just updated my failed 0314 install with the 0316 nightly using clockworkmod recovery, and it booted up this time. I noticed I had no gapps, so I rebooted back into clockworkmod recovery and installed the original gapps again (the 010112 version). after booting up I had no problem getting into the android market, which then updated itself to Play Store automatically.
    Reinstalling the original gapps did it for me too!

Thanks
    How do we get the Amazon app store?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    holy cow this GAPPS download is slowwwww
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I was looking for a place to report bugs that we find in CM9 and GAPPS etc. We are running Alpha so I assume the developers would like feedback if a new build has a new problem? Thanks