Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Added a description of the process to the original link. You -CAN- try simply installing it from clockworkmod as well, but I had issues when I did so and don't recommend it.
    Thank you so much for your updated, concise guide! Good job. I now have bookmarked it for future review.
    Thanks to ncinerate for the job !

For those who downloaded Cyboot in preware, don't choose "cyanogen as next boot" in the options ! At the next reboot, moboot will not work and you can't choose, the TP will boot cyanogen each time.
    To recover my webos, I have tried to use acmeinstaller2 but moboot didn't come back.
    So, I've use AcmeUninstaller (the one of old versions of cyanogen).
    Everything has been ok. Webos on 3.0.5 works fine. And I have reinstalled CM9 without problems. My download apps come back alone !

Question : How move the icons in Applications ? If I try a drag and drop, the icon goes automaticlly in the main screen. I can't hold it or select it to rename it for exemple.
    can anyone here try downloading any of the files from goo-inside.me? none of them are working for me and I'm trying to see if it's my end that's not working or if it's the site. i'm guessing it's the latter. all I need is the charger and systmUI fix. I downloaded the other ones the day it was put up but the systemUI file is new relatively speaking. I went to rootzwiki and tried the links there and same result.

I guess I could always just be patient and wait for it to come back up too. just wanted to make sure it wasn't my end though.

ncinerate,

Huge thanks for the clear and concise instruction on how to go about this. the webOS community never ceases to amaze me by how helpful it is! I have always found how things done here always seem to be straight forward and easy to understand. it is a huge help to someone like me who has a little bit of knowledge about these things but needs help sometimes. I have learned sooo much from this community.

thanks again!

Kevin
    Just an fyi on the uninstaller link above. It's already unzipped and no need to unzip it, just move it into the same directory as the installer. As always, you do an outstanding job in your tutorials.

Looks like the site is down.
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/22/2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Fantastic guide. I finally got around to doing this. Gotta say, I'm very impressed by ICS. >.<
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Fantastic guide. I finally got around to doing this. Gotta say, I'm very impressed by ICS. >.<
    Me too.

I'm not so sure I want to go back. -.-
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

goo-inside.me is back up in case anyone was wondering. links are working again.

time to make an ICS out of my wife's touchpad when the kiddies go down for a nap! ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by piotr View Post
    Thanks to ncinerate for the job !

For those who downloaded Cyboot in preware, don't choose "cyanogen as next boot" in the options ! At the next reboot, moboot will not work and you can't choose, the TP will boot cyanogen each time.
    To recover my webos, I have tried to use acmeinstaller2 but moboot didn't come back.
    So, I've use AcmeUninstaller (the one of old versions of cyanogen).
    Everything has been ok. Webos on 3.0.5 works fine. And I have reinstalled CM9 without problems. My download apps come back alone !

Question : How move the icons in Applications ? If I try a drag and drop, the icon goes automaticlly in the main screen. I can't hold it or select it to rename it for exemple.

I hit the same glitch (see my post @ #10 here) and found a workaround without having to 'uninstaller' anything:

I Unzipped 'ClockworkMod' and placed 'uImage' in the Palm, Inc folder on PC (as I used the CM7 Lilliputting Guide/tutorial instead of ncinerate's excellent version!) and then used 'novacom boot mem' etc. command for ACMEInstaller(2).
    Then just found 'reboot' in Clockwork and it'll bring you back to webOS where you can then correct settings in 'CyBoot' etc.

Hope that's clear.

Loving CM9.. but have noticed 'Anantu CPU Master' showing some heavy processor loadings when idle... something churning away in the background that didn't ought to be methinks?
    Excellent for an Alpha v0. though!!!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/22/2012 at 01:33 PM.
    Site's back up for downloads.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Worked like a charm. Many thanks.

There were four things that I think could be expanded on to make things even clearer:

1. There is no need to unzip any of the files you have downloaded (you mention this for the second part of step 2 but not the first).

2. Several times you talk about 'three files" for the default /media/internal folder, but there are only two zip files. (Search for "you've dropped the three files" and "until you see the three files".)

3. On going into bootie recovery mode you state "To do this, turn your touchpad off". This would be clearer if you said "To do this, shut down your touchpad by holding the power button until a menu appears. Choose "Shut Down"."

4. Like others, my system couldn't find novacom when the command was exexecuted from my c:\android directory. It worked fine when I copied ACMEInstaller2 to the C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc folder and executed the novacom command from there.

So far CM9's handled all the apps I've tried, saving the known issues with YouTube HD, Flash, and the microphone.

Really pleased to now have access to Comixology, Napster and EZPDF.

Only disappointment so far is that the Zinio app's not available, as far as I can see, but booting back into webOS for Zinio and iPlayer is easy, of course.

Best of both worlds! :-)

Spyke
    Last edited by Spyke; 01/23/2012 at 09:46 AM.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Worked like a charm. Many thanks.

There were four things that I think could be expanded on to make things even clearer:

Spyke
    Thanks for the catches - I went ahead and edited the original post to reflect these things.

The "3 files" discussion in the original post was just a relic from a previous version of the post I had written in which there was a third file needed for fixing problems (a google apps fix). I found a google apps file that didn't require the fix, so I removed discussion of the fix itself and forgot to remove all of the talk about "installing the 3 files we discussed". Simple mistake .

As for the novacom issue, if you've followed the original getting started guide your novacom -should- work for this post as directed. For anyone running into trouble, I went ahead and added instructions on how to run the install or uninstall process from the /Program Files/Palm, Inc folder in order to get things going . Thanks for the suggestion, makes things easier for some I am certain.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Loving CM9.. but have noticed 'Anantu CPU Master' showing some heavy processor loadings when idle... something churning away in the background that didn't ought to be methinks?
    Excellent for an Alpha v0. though!!!

Yes, I've also noticed that it seems to be eating up cpu cycles unnecessarily. I believe this is also related to the relatively poor battery life in CM9. I'd expect that this will be fixed as we move from an alpha 0 build into beta's or even a full 1.0 release.

As it sits though, I have to agree - it's one of the best damn alpha0's I've ever seen . I think they have an odd idea of what constitutes "alpha".
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Yes, I've also noticed that it seems to be eating up cpu cycles unnecessarily. I believe this is also related to the relatively poor battery life in CM9. I'd expect that this will be fixed as we move from an alpha 0 build into beta's or even a full 1.0 release.

As it sits though, I have to agree - it's one of the best damn alpha0's I've ever seen . I think they have an odd idea of what constitutes "alpha".

Yes.. hopefully the CPU issue can be put to rest in next V...

If we consider that perhaps CM7 was actually the 'Alpha' and that CM9 rolls on from the (driver) experience etc gained there, then clearly the standards set by Dalingrin & Team are now high indeed!

Kudos!

I've now removed CM7 altogether, made a second fresh (& cleaner) install of CM9 and await future V's with anticipation.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/23/2012 at 12:17 PM.
    many thanks again for the nice summary on getting CM9 on the touchpad. I was up all night playing with it!

I was about to suggest the same little fixes for the guide but I see it's been addressed.

I had a minor issue with wifi not working connecting to the router when it boots up but turning the wifi off and on once to a few times seems to help it pick up the signal and connect to the router. not sure if anyone else has experienced that or not. I thought I would share that in case anyone else notices issue with it as well. I haven't read all of the threads here and over at rootzwiki so it may have been mentioned already.

those guys def. have a high standard for their work!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    many thanks again for the nice summary on getting CM9 on the touchpad. I was up all night playing with it!

I was about to suggest the same little fixes for the guide but I see it's been addressed.

I had a minor issue with wifi not working connecting to the router when it boots up but turning the wifi off and on once to a few times seems to help it pick up the signal and connect to the router. not sure if anyone else has experienced that or not. I thought I would share that in case anyone else notices issue with it as well. I haven't read all of the threads here and over at rootzwiki so it may have been mentioned already.

those guys def. have a high standard for their work!
    I have no issues with wifi whatsoever. On the same coin, I had no issues with wifi during the CM7 days when -EVERYONE- was having issues. No idea what the difference was, my touchpad stays connected, period.

I've noticed a small delay in aquiring wifi when I first boot the touchpad into CM9, but it's usually done by the time I can launch a web browser .

My only recommendation is make sure your wifi router is pushing wpa2. That seems to be the most generally well supported form of encryption/security for the touchpad.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Upgraded a second time with no issues. Had to redownload some apps (and re-sideload some as well), but all is well now.

Really nice interface. Very webOS-like in the way one opens and swipes away "Recent Apps" to close (although I wish Google would figure out if that's a recent apps tab like it was in Gingerbread or if it's a running apps tab in the sense of a true Task Manager. Also love the way it did specific cropping on the HD wallpaper so that shifting screens gives a slightly different view of the wallpaper.

Very impressive. Still waiting for hardware accelerated video, but for an Alpha 0 I can't really complain. Not gonna lie, guys; it threatens my need to ever boot into webOS again. At least unless I buy a Sprint Pre.
    This guide looks excellent. Subscribed, and I'll have to give this a shot later.

Question though...do these instructions jive with WebOS 3.0.5? My understanding is the update borked some Android things.
    I'm seeing version 0.5 of the alpha now. Does that change the install procedure? I don't really want to bork my TouchPad.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    how long should it take once i run the installer2 command? my touchpad did show a bunch of stuff loading up for a bit then paused with a screen full of commands and now is black with the exception of two penguins sitting in the upper left corner (landscape). so how long does it usually take? just unsure if I need to wait longer or if its not happing correctly
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I'm seeing version 0.5 of the alpha now. Does that change the install procedure? I don't really want to bork my TouchPad.
    I will update the post later for 0.5. If you choose to install sooner please be artful and read the relevant posts and info. Otherwise, I'll have up new instructions for the upgrade in the next few hours.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast