Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mav2303 View Post
    Ok, I am having an issue and hoping someone can help. I followed the instructions to the letter and can't get CM9 alpha.06 to boot. I can select Cyanogenmod from the boot menu and the Cyanogenmod logo comes up like it is going to boot, but then the screen just goes black (reboots) and takes me back to the boot menu. Any ideas?
    I am having this issue as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mav2303 View Post
    I got it figured out. I did a system reset/wipe, cache wipe and Dalvik cache wipe and reinstalled from the "sdcard" and it worked. Thanks.
    Could someone explain to a newb what this is and how one does it (and also, any comments on whether this is the best route?) I will be very grateful for the help.
    I upgraded from 0.6 to the latest 2.0 nightly using the first procedure defined in the OP.

I noticed that MX Player tries to play video files using the HW setting but fails and goes back to the UI. If I change preferences to SW decode, it works fine as before.

Any suggestions as to how to get HW decode to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Fool View Post
    I am having this issue as well.

Could someone explain to a newb what this is and how one does it (and also, any comments on whether this is the best route?) I will be very grateful for the help.
    Sorry to be short, gotta get to work, but those are all options within Clockwork Mod Recovery. Select/execute them in that order.
    Hi,

I installed cm9 and it looked nice, thanks for the guide.
    I then installed nova launcher and it worked for a while, until I added a 3D weather widget. Now the launcher crashes and gets restarted in a loop. I cannot do anything in andoid.
    Can I use clockwork recovery to uninstall the launcher or the weather app, or do I need to reinstall android (if so, do I need to uninstall before?).
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    Sorry to be short, gotta get to work, but those are all options within Clockwork Mod Recovery. Select/execute them in that order.
    Short, but to the point, and quite understandable. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    is there a later version of Google apps (GAPPS)? I am wondering if the basic apps like email etc have been updated.

alan
    Dear ncinerate ,thanks for your nice guide,installed CM9 2 weeks back and working great; but I have a question, do you think in the future upgrade the camera and the mic are going to work?,really I missing chatting and video calling specially with nice Apps like VIBER on android,it is working well for texting and for the calls working as speaker but not mic,it would be great if at least mic could work ,isn't it?
    Is it safe to update WebOS after installing CM9 on touchpad?

It is also safe to install preware in WebOS partition after installing CM9?
    Last edited by nkmurthy; 03/09/2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Oh well, still at Square One. Guess I need to uninstall and start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Fool View Post
    Oh well, still at Square One. Guess I need to uninstall and start over.
    Sorry to hear that.
    Sorry to hear that.
    Me too! To make matters worse, another install, and the same problem -- loading CM screen, fades to Moboot, then with the boot CM option, shows the loading CM screen, then back to Moboot we go. And so forth.

On the bright side, the installs go quicker for me now! And at least with Moboot it's a breeze to boot into WebOS. Maybe I'll give it another go, over the weekend.

One thing I was wondering about -- in following the Clockwork Mod steps reported by mav2303 -- when it came to the last part, the install from SDcard -- none of the folders had any files inside, except for gapps. (cminstall was empty.) Should I have seen any other files to install?
    Last edited by Blazing Fool; 03/10/2012 at 01:30 AM.
    OMG OMG OMG finally!

So, what may have gone wrong during my first few attempts? 1. Not sure if I always had GAPPs file in the root C: directory, maybe sometimes I had it in the CMinstall folder? 2. I believe I always had the directory named "CMinstall", but at one point today it seemed to be "cminstall", so I renamed it to be sure the first two characters were upper case; 3. I think this was really the issue -- I needed ACMEInstaller2! Once I made extra sure that I had the right version, it all finally worked! Huzzah!

Thanks for instructions, thanks for the help and encouragement, and thanks to everybody who posted along the way -- I learned a lot just from reading the issues others had. (Did I actually read all 19 pages? Hmmm, possibly.) And a lesson learned -- it's a lot better to do this kind of thing on a good night's rest than late at night, when I should have been sleeping!
    is there a similar spec'd android tablet to the HP touchpad at TP clerance prices out there? This $149 tablet is awesome and android would make a killing against ipad if someone could just whip out some more HP touchpads preinstalled with CM9. Maybe some chinese knockoff can copy the blueprints and whip em out. O/w HP should vender this out for cheap. I have no freaking idea why I would pay 499 for a ipad. I've got citrix (for work, work ppl's eyes pop out when they see this $149 tablet doing the job), the latest apps and games. I can use a BT HP keyboard and BT mouse (microsoft mouse) too and it works in citrix as well!

I'm loving my touchpad. Can't wait for CM9 to be fully complete (HW acceleration, video playback to be smooth etc). Maybe someone can whip up a CM9 "install" utility for Noobs and all TP's can be converted to CM9? With the ability to toss apps away to teh side in ICS I'm missing webOS less and less.
    Awesome guide, worked great!

The only issues I'm having is with the YouTube app...

1) It won't update via the Market/Play Store (Error: "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again.")

2) In the app, when I try to sign in (and select my gmail account), I receive the error: "Your account isn't linked to a YouTube account. Please create your channel at m.youtube.com/create_channel and retry."

EDIT: Ok, I just created a channel, so I fixed issue 2. Issue 1 remains.
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    is there a similar spec'd android tablet to the HP touchpad at TP clerance prices out there? This $149 tablet is awesome and android would make a killing against ipad if someone could just whip out some more HP touchpads preinstalled with CM9. Maybe some chinese knockoff can copy the blueprints and whip em out. O/w HP should vender this out for cheap. I have no freaking idea why I would pay 499 for a ipad. I've got citrix (for work, work ppl's eyes pop out when they see this $149 tablet doing the job), the latest apps and games. I can use a BT HP keyboard and BT mouse (microsoft mouse) too and it works in citrix as well!

I'm loving my touchpad. Can't wait for CM9 to be fully complete (HW acceleration, video playback to be smooth etc). Maybe someone can whip up a CM9 "install" utility for Noobs and all TP's can be converted to CM9? With the ability to toss apps away to teh side in ICS I'm missing webOS less and less.
    As I understand it, the touchpad firesale meant HP lost money on every single touchpad they sold .

Parts costs exceeded 149$ before you even included shipping or assembly. The touchpad is a pretty serious piece of hardware for it's day. There -are- some cheap 150$ tablets coming out of china right now, but those sport less capable specs and questionable hardware. The kindle fire almost pulls it off - a somewhat decent-specced device for 200$ (7" though, of course). Playbooks are being sold in the 200$ range right now and they are a decent deal as well for someone who didn't own a tablet.

Neither is really as capable as the touchpad, but again, the touchpad was a stupid good deal. At this very moment it still stands among the most powerful devices running Android.

All that said - I'm certain the days of a very capable 100-200$ tablet are coming. All the tech to make an -amazing- mobile computing device is getting steadily cheaper and more readily available. I look forward to seeing it. 100$ was the price they were trying to target for laptop computers to be given to children in africa - it's THAT affordable. A readily available 99$-149$ tablet with similar specs to the touchpad would be insanely successful, the only problem is I'm not sure how in the world a company could make it profitable .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    I apologize if this has been addressed and I just couldn't find any posts on it, but I followed the instructions and can boot into Cyanogen mod no problem, my problem is i cant reboot into clockwork recovery at all. it just goes right back into moboot no matter what i seem to do. Any ideas?
    I just went through the instructions for a clean install of CM9 (no upgrades). When I got done and did the reboot I ended up with a screen saver looking thing - all kinds of colorful squares flashing. I can't power off or get any response. Help?
    Screen saver looking thing on boot of CM9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just went through the instructions for a clean install of CM9 (no upgrades). When I got done and did the reboot I ended up with a screen saver looking thing - all kinds of colorful squares flashing. I can't power off or get any response. Help?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind - I think there was a bad post on nightly threads last night. 3/12. I went back and looked and another had been posted while I was installing. I installed the new one as an update and it seems to be working.
    I installed alpha2 on HPT , everything went fine, but later I start getting "low on Space" pop ups. I can' t do anything as these pop ups are coming one after another.

I tried factory/data reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache ....but nothing same issue. The SD card has plenty of empty space.
    Looking for any help/suggestions...please
    Uninstalled CM7 and installed CM9 but during the two penguin screen, its frozen and wont finish the install and now i dont know what to do. Cant switch off, cant reinstall. cant do anything??????