Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanjean View Post
    thanks so much! and my meds kicked in, which probably explains why i took 6 minutes to "find" the /media/internal folder lol. OP states there are 2 google apps files but i only see one. I did see the parentheses so perhaps he is aware?
    No.. you should only need the one latest 'Gapps' file - '20120224'.

installing now ty so much
    Last edited by jeanjean; 03/05/2012 at 05:34 AM.
    I'm stuck on the novacom portion I tried to move it to several places.... has that also changed since the OP? I did notice when i updated drivers they wrote to the novacom x86 folder
    (That post referred to the now not needed Touchscreen Driver files I think!)

With PC on XP, I first installed WOSQI in webOS which placed the Novacom Drivers in 'C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc' which is where I also then placed the 'ACMEInstaller2' (and Uninstaller)..

On the TP 'SD Card' create 'cminstall' folder and place all other files (Gapps, Alpha2, ClockworkMod & MoBoot etc there before running your novacom command line to Install.

That's for initial install.. once (or if) CM9 is installed, you can install updates etc via ClockworkMod.

"Bon Chance!"

Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/05/2012 at 05:45 AM.
    I installed CM9 last night and it runs great. (the guide was great, although I was a bit confused on the Google apps part, I didn't realize that you had to copy over the .zip file, I extracted it, and copied those folders over, but I figured that out).

Long story short, I'm disappointed I didn't do it earlier, and I'm really surprised how well Android runs, even in alpha. Everything seems faster than webOS, although I miss the multitasking and gestures, but the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    webOS patches won't affect Android FUNctionality.
    Alpha 2 had video up and running, where previous versions and not all 'Nightlys' did.
    Have you got Adobe 'Flash' installed in CM9?

I have installed flash and am relieved that webos isn't the culprit as I have been having to trouble shoot the two different os. The one thing I did notice is that I am currently on the older gapps that is called for in the original guide, not the '20120224' version. I have tried both with no luck. I have also switched my dpi to 120 to see if that worked. Still no luck. I appreciate your help and look forward to getting this figured out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ride2bhi View Post
    I have installed flash and am relieved that webos isn't the culprit as I have been having to trouble shoot the two different os. The one thing I did notice is that I am currently on the older gapps that is called for in the original guide, not the '20120224' version. I have tried both with no luck. I have also switched my dpi to 120 to see if that worked. Still no luck. I appreciate your help and look forward to getting this figured out.
    Just an update that I flashed the gapps to the newer version, uninstalled and reinstalled netflix and no luck. Really liking CM9 so I would love to figure this out. I'll keep researching and see if I can figure this out on my own and post back here, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I got a chance to play around with a friend's Galaxy Nexus today and noticed that scrolling through the UI and some system menus was very smooth, much like my iPhone 4s. However, my TouchPad seems a bit laggier (consistently) and not especially fluid at any point, though consistent in its lagginess. Now, the only version I've used has been Alpha 2.0 so I can't compare it to previous releases, but does this sound normal for this release atm or should I try to re-flash it? Is there even true hardware acceleration for the UI atm?
    Is there a way to find out what version of gapps that I have installed? I have updated so many things, I forgot. Thanks!
    loving cm9 so far, just wondering how/where sd card/internal memory is handled, does it write to media/internal or a partition for ics? I downloaded gun bros for android (smoother on webos imo so far) and was wondering where the files are
    and can i download flash player 11 on android w/o any conflicts with webos? I assume not but just checking... if there's a wiki somewhere with changelogs for us let me know please. my eyes hurt from scouring this forum and rootswiki, although it's a wealth of information.. Donating in a day or two btw thanks
    nciner8
    thanks for the great guide, everything followed through great until step 4 where it doesnt show the option clockmod recovery, it just shows the webOS option the CM9 option webOS recovery and reboot and shut down options, is there a way to install the clockmod recovery after installing CM9, also I need to install gapps and I cant do it. Please. any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated.
    and can i download flash player 11 on android w/o any conflicts with webos? I assume not but just checking... if there's a wiki somewhere with changelogs for us let me know please. my eyes hurt from scouring this forum and rootswiki, although it's a wealth of information.. Donating in a day or two btw thanks
    I'm running flash as I speak, with no problems in either WebOS or Android.
    loving cm9 so far, just wondering how/where sd card/internal memory is handled, does it write to media/internal or a partition for ics? I downloaded gun bros for android (smoother on webos imo so far) and was wondering where the files are
    This is actually a super frustrating part of Android, as these install files are hidden in a million different places... Glu makes that game, right? So it may be in a folder entitled Glu, or maybe hidden in the /mint/sdcard/data/data folder. Yeah, not kidding you, that's probably where that goes.

Oh, and WebOS and Android just share space with each other, no partitions or any of that messy stuff, which is a relief, although it gets kind overwhelming to look at the /media/internal folder.
    jeanjean likes this.
    Okay, I'm kind of making a trade. I see the backup of questions, so I figured I'd answer a couple of questions before I ask my own: what's the best build.prop for the TouchPad? I can't get Shadowgun working, which is on sale for 50 cents today :-(
    Ncinerate:

A change needs to be made to the very first post of this thread, step1. There should be a deletion of the following statement/clause:

AND, the nightly does not currently have the HW video fixes (no netflix/HD youtube)

Please see this Google+ post from Dalingrin:

Erik Hardesty - Feb 28, 2012 - Public
    The Teamwin unofficial nightlies for CM9 on the Touchpad now include working hardware decoding and netflix. No need to stick with Alpha2 any more if you don't want to.

Please forgive me if you are aware of this, just trying to help. :-)

All the best!
    anyone know how to install clock mod recovery and gapps after installing cm9 the boot screen just was too fast for me to catch it.....sooo frustrating not having the market with its apps!!!!!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    No.. you should only need the one latest 'Gapps' file - '20120224'.

Where is that file located?

Alan
    I installed cm9 on my touchpad finally, but I have one question, is performance the highest CPU setting for the dual cores in cm9?
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    Ncinerate:

A change needs to be made to the very first post of this thread, step1. There should be a deletion of the following statement/clause:

AND, the nightly does not currently have the HW video fixes (no netflix/HD youtube)

Please see this Google+ post from Dalingrin:

Erik Hardesty - Feb 28, 2012 - Public
    The Teamwin unofficial nightlies for CM9 on the Touchpad now include working hardware decoding and netflix. No need to stick with Alpha2 any more if you don't want to.

Please forgive me if you are aware of this, just trying to help. :-)

All the best!
    You're right, I just haven't updated the post lately (when I last updated, nightlies didn't have the HD) - I'll remove that line when I have a chance here. Thanks.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    I had previously installed 0.5 or 0.6 about a month ago & now I see that 2.0 is out.

I'm curious - so every time you flash to the latest CM9 does that mean you have to reinstall all your old apps and whatnot since the last time you flashed? I didn't have that issue last time with 0.6 as I factory restored the touchpad before doing the flash but now I've got at least 20+ apps installed that I use nowadays.