Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Hi,

I'm still a little confused by what to do with the Google apps zip.

I followed the instructions and got it all working on Alpha2 and then decided to update to the nightlys, so I followed the instructions for the update. All that seems fine but do I need to re-install the google apps and if so when do I do it ?

Should it be

Clear out caches etc, load new nightly and then google apps

or

Clear out caches, google apps and then nightly

Or

something else !

Sorry if I'm being a bit slow !

Thanks
    Bit confused by one part

In Step 4, it says: Now scroll down until you see the file we put on the touchpad earlier (google apps file and the touchscreen driver).

There is no reference to a touchscreen driver in the previous instructions?

Also, anyone know how to get back to the out-of-box background wallpaper?
    Last edited by jon1003; 03/03/2012 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1003 View Post
    Bit confused by one part

In Step 4, it says: Now scroll down until you see the file we put on the touchpad earlier (google apps file and the touchscreen driver).

I believe that was for earlier versions of CM9.. not the Alpha 2 version, which no longer requires it?
    Kudos for the guide! Much easier to follow than a video IMO. So, have they not implemented hardware acceleration in the UI yet? I ask because I've played around with my friend's galaxy nexus and it seems a good bit smoother on her phone. I'm loving the fact that android is devoid of the horrible memory leak issue in webOS thus far.

Also, can someone explain to me this whole dpi thing. Does it only apply to the OS UI or does it apply to apps also (changing say from 160 to 120)?
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1003 View Post
    Bit confused by one part

Also, anyone know how to get back to the out-of-box background wallpaper?
    Sorry, that's a small oversight. There used to be a need for a touchscreen driver - now it's incorporated into the newest alphas.

I will edit the post to fix this confusion. Thanks! You still need to install the google apps file, but the touchscreen driver is unnecessary.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Is it unusual for certain apps not to show up in the app store for the Touchpad (CM 9), i.e. Plants vs Zombies? If not, is there some way around it?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    finally got alpha 2 installed I had to start from scratch. How come android market never reinstalls my apps for me. I can never get that to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    its alpha... If this is something that bothers you maybe you should wait til its at a stable release. Things like this will happen.
    Of course. The whole point of us testing this is to find bugs like these and identify possible solutions. No need to get defensive.
    Working great, BT keyboard pairs perfectly, but I can't get the Pre3 to pair. I was curious to see whether metadata's BT GPS would work with the Google Navigation on cm9.
    First, I would like to say thanks to ncinerate for all the hard work he has done on both the web-os side as well as the CM9 side. I have used both and have had a lot of fun seeing what this touchpad can do.

Second, I have had no luck getting CM9 to install correctly to get Netflix and Youtube up and running. I am about to declare defeat as I have literally installed this patch 5 times and have been unable to get them working. This has included complete clean installs using webos doctor and taking things back to square one.

As others have experienced, I get audio for Netflix, but a black screen with no video. For Youtube I get the dreaded "There was a problem while playing Touch to retry" error. I have tried everything it feels like, but still no luck. Is it possible there is a problem with my touchpad?

Once again, thanks for the amazing tutorials, they are really well done, just can't understand what I am doing wrong...
    so I should be installing latest build tomorrow night /donating.....and I have read most of the posts in this very informative thread. I had a few ?'s before installing:

1) what if/when webOS gets updated, do I have to uninstall latest stable ICS build, or are the 2 independent of each other?answered thanks mutodi

2) is when an ICS build is available for update, I have to first download in from my touchpad, then install from clockworkmod? (the sdcard portion in the OP threw me off a little)

3) although I will mainly use Android for banking apps I do intend to download some games. any feedback on speed/sound/bugs would be greatly appreciated

4)theOP says updated as of 2/24ish but i noticed in some posts some steps are obsolete due to a newer version of certain aspects (ex:touchscreen driver), is it safe to say OP has latest links?

forgive me if my questions are redundant but there was a lot to read through, which is a testament to the dedication/enthusiasm of this project

I love this webOS community!
    Last edited by jeanjean; 03/05/2012 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanruls View Post
    in step three when i try to use the command novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2 CMD says its unable to find the device, my touchpad is connected and in bootie... any help.. please?????
    try this, reboot and go into webos recovery. then launch novacom boot mem:// <ACMEInstaller2
    Quote Originally Posted by ride2bhi View Post
    First, I would like to say thanks to ncinerate for all the hard work he has done on both the web-os side as well as the CM9 side. I have used both and have had a lot of fun seeing what this touchpad can do.

Second, I have had no luck getting CM9 to install correctly to get Netflix and Youtube up and running. I am about to declare defeat as I have literally installed this patch 5 times and have been unable to get them working. This has included complete clean installs using webos doctor and taking things back to square one.

As others have experienced, I get audio for Netflix, but a black screen with no video. For Youtube I get the dreaded "There was a problem while playing Touch to retry" error. I have tried everything it feels like, but still no luck. Is it possible there is a problem with my touchpad?

Once again, thanks for the amazing tutorials, they are really well done, just can't understand what I am doing wrong...
    Try installing the Alpha 2 version of CM9.. if you haven't already.

@ Jeanjean

"..1) what if/when webOS gets updated, do I have to uninstall latest stable ICS build, or are the 2 independent of each other?.."

Totally independant, yes.. they just 'share' access to your docs, pics & files etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Try installing the Alpha 2 version of CM9.. if you haven't already.

It would be horrible if I wasn't, right? Double checked everything multiple times. Using Alpha 2 and have done everything in this thread. Still no luck... I had done a bunch of home brew patches on the Webos side, but didn't think that would affect it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ride2bhi View Post
    It would be horrible if I wasn't, right? Double checked everything multiple times. Using Alpha 2 and have done everything in this thread. Still no luck... I had done a bunch of home brew patches on the Webos side, but didn't think that would affect it?
    webOS patches won't affect Android FUNctionality.
    Alpha 2 had video up and running, where previous versions and not all 'Nightlys' did.
    Have you got Adobe 'Flash' installed in CM9?

@ Jeanjean

"..1) what if/when webOS gets updated, do I have to uninstall latest stable ICS build, or are the 2 independent of each other?.."

Totally independant, yes.. they just 'share' access to your docs, pics & files etc.
    thanks for the quick response, it's late/early here in New York. I have a wicked toothache from surgery and my vicodin hasn't kicked in but at least i can do this in the meantime downloading zips from rootzwiki now, is the alpha split into 2 zips or it it a mirror link? I'm downloading both now and noticed they have they same exact name (FF added the (1) to the 2nd file obv) and do I download both dpi's or whichever i prefer?
    Ouch - good luck with the tooth (or lack of it!)

It's a mirror download site not two files.

I didn't bother with the DPI stuff via Zip installation.. once CM9 was up and running I downloded a little App called 'DPI Changer' which lets you play around with that. I prefer 160 anyway.

Enjoy!

Ouch - good luck with the tooth (or lack of it!)

It's a mirror download site not two files.

I didn't bother with the DPI stuff via Zip installation.. once CM9 was up and running I downloded a little App called 'DPI Changer' which lets you play around with that. I prefer 160 anyway.

Enjoy!

thanks so much! and my meds kicked in, which probably explains why i took 6 minutes to "find" the /media/internal folder lol. OP states there are 2 google apps files but i only see one. I did see the parentheses so perhaps he is aware?
    I believe that was for earlier versions of CM9.. not the Alpha 2 version, which no longer requires it?
    I'm stuck on the novacom portion I tried to move it to several places.... has that also changed since the OP? I did notice when i updated drivers they wrote to the novacom x86 folder