Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    if you use the same profile in android on two different touchpads, do you pay twice for an app when you install in in both?

or is it like webOS? Pay once, use the same profile, download for free?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    if you use the same profile in android on two different touchpads, do you pay twice for an app when you install in in both?

or is it like webOS? Pay once, use the same profile, download for free?
    Haven't taken the Android on TP plunge yet but from my experience with Android tablets & phones, once I bought an app it was installable (free to install) on the other device (with the same Android profile). What is nice is if you change/upgrade an Android device (I'm on my 2nd phone & 3rd tablet) you still "own" the purchased apps. The second phone has CM7 on it so it doesn't matter if either device has been rooted (or using the non-original Android OS).

All the best!
    thanks! So its the same with webOS users too :-) nice to know! :-)
    Hmmn, I can't get youtube vids to play for me. I just installed last night using the guide here with the latest nightly build (Feb 23rd). When I try to play something on the youtube app it just says.. "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" Retry as I might, nothing doing. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Hmmn, I can't get youtube vids to play for me. I just installed last night using the guide here with the latest nightly build (Feb 23rd). When I try to play something on the youtube app it just says.. "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" Retry as I might, nothing doing. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

CM9 Alpha 2 was supposed to be the version 'up' on video playback.. maybe the nightlty's haven't 'caught up' yet?

U got Adobe 'Flash' installed anyway?

SO. try.installing Alpha 2 over your newest Nightly and check it out!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/25/2012 at 10:22 AM.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    You tube works fine in my install. I'd guess you have something wrong in your nightly. Understand that on the nightly builds sometimes a "fix" is committed that absolutely breaks things, and will require you to install different nightly or the more likely stable alpha 2.

Sorry about that. Nightlies are great for staying on the bleeding edge - just recognize that sometimes that edge can cut you .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Yes.. it was stated somewhere that the 'KANG" Nightly's may not reach the video update stage of CM9's Alpha 2 for 'a few days'.

Different Kernel Versions.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/25/2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm, I used a different version of Gapps that from what I saw, worked perfectly without needing a fixer. The ICS version here worked for me, in my short time playing with it:

Techerrata Downloads - Browsing gapps

That being said, a lot of people are saying to use the same version you're recommending, so maybe that's a better idea for a beginner's guide.
    Ok Installed ICS Alpha 2 and it loks fine, but I srewed it up once and had to uninstall and them reintall NOW I do not ahve clockworkmod on there. Seem to ahve MOBOOT and Android, and webos jsut fine though. So can I install clockworkmod now without mucking anything else up? Use the installer again? Or do I have to start all over? Or is there some other wasy to install the google apps?
    Last edited by mikehalliday; 02/25/2012 at 12:33 PM.
    if you want to be able to boot into android, i would think it's clear one would need clockworkmod installed... unless you have any other ideas
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    if you want to be able to boot into android, i would think it's clear one would need clockworkmod installed... unless you have any other ideas
    Then maybe it is there but it is not listed on on my boot selection menu?
    In which case how can I get to it to do the upgrade from sdcard thing?
    Great work guys! Now, I am running Android 4.0.3 ICS and have Netflix streaming on my HP Touchpad! This rocks! Well done and I look forward to next update!

Updates are a breeze - simply download both the CM9 alpha 2 and google apps, boot to Clockworkmod and wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and install from sd card and reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. it was stated somewhere that the 'KANG" Nightly's may not reach the video update stage of CM9's Alpha 2 for 'a few days'.

Different Kernel Versions.

oh okay, i was under the impression that the newest kang nightly was alpha two with the youtube corrections. I'll watch for and update in a few days and try that.

yes, i did get flash player 11 which is allowing me to watch streaming video on global tv and cbc tv (canuck networks).

Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie.
    I don't have the option to boot to cm9, only boot webOS, boot ClockworkMod and boot webOS Recovery. Any ideas on what I did wrong or how to fix? Thanks in advance. I did everything in the guide.
    Followed the excellent instructions (THANKS so much !) and all is working.

However it does seem to randomly reboot, at least it does now but didn't for thr first few hours.

Obviously it's Alpha so I expect it to happen but wondered if there are any known issues I should check out ?

I would post on the cyanongenmod forums but

1) Been a member here ages and know how helpful people are

2) When I try and go to the cyaongenmod forums my browser keeps giving me a connection reset error !

Any suggestions on the re-booting ?

I have installed some apps that I had on an Asus Transformer (QuickOffice, Sketch Book Mobile) if that makes any difference !

I haven't changed the DPI

Thanks for any/all help
    I was getting random rebooting on the earliest builds, but it went away from 0.6 onwards. However, even in alpha 2 I've found that it reboots if I switch off bluetooth while sound is playing.
    In a fruitless attempt to get my netflix up and running, I royally screwed up my android. If I try to install a new version of android, my touchpad reboots. If I try to boot into android, it reboots the machine. I tried to install android from scratch and I'm getting the same behavior. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Update:

I uninstalled android then installed it from scratch and everything works including netflix.

Update 2:

Alpha 2 works reasonably well (netflix & youtube hd). The instructions were quite good. Thanks! However, my Google Sky doesn't work (get black window). Also, my wifi is in pretty bad shape. It works reasonably well at home but will not stay connected at work or via my phone tethering. Webos wifi works fine. So, the android drivers must have problems. I tried the suggested fix and that didn't help.
    Last edited by mooseamoose; 02/28/2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Update 2
    Do I need to wipe the cache partition if I'll upgrade from cm9 alpha 0.6 to 2.0?
    From liliputing, it says just install the zip file and not strictly necessary to wipe the cache partiion.
    can somebody put a screenshot up of the 120dpi vs 160dpi vs no patch installed? I don't think there is an explanation about it in this thread yet.

19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    can somebody put a screenshot up of the 120dpi vs 160dpi vs no patch installed? I don't think there is an explanation about it in this thread yet.

160 is default.

120 makes everything smaller, the icons, the keyboard, everything. It gives you more perceived screen "real estate" but is perhaps a bit too small for the size of the tablet. An in-between would be ideal, but it breaks the app market .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Everything seemed to run much slower on the 120dpi setting as well, of course, you're getting more data to display .. but the sudden inability to redraw the screen at a reasonable pace made me turn it right back to normal.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: