Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Guys - simple, stupid question...

I've been following the progress of CM for quite a few months, but kinda made up my mind that I wouldn't try it until it was in beta mode. I'm hearing a lot of buzz about the latest CM9 release. But when do you guys think we will be in Beta mode?

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skanji View Post
    Guys - simple, stupid question...

I've been following the progress of CM for quite a few months, but kinda made up my mind that I wouldn't try it until it was in beta mode. I'm hearing a lot of buzz about the latest CM9 release. But when do you guys think we will be in Beta mode?

Cheers!
    No answer about beta but it would seem to be nearing. For a beta usually almost all of the function is there just buggy not missing big chucks of function. I haven't followed the development closely enough to know what is missing. Evidently the wi fi code isn't what they would like it to be, HP I guess isn't sharing.

I was in the same boat but kept hearing how stable the alpha code was so I took the leap to .6 and then the next day 1.0 came out which I upgraded to and now 2.0 which I just finished upgrading to.

Maybe I've just been lucky but the upgrades to 1.0 and 2.0 were fast and easy. I can hear the TP crashing and bursting into flames now

I downloaded 1.0 and 2.0 directly on the TP and used CWM to upgrade. So far so good. Based on my experience I'd say jump in the water is fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by davec53 View Post
    Hey! just noticed an addition that has shown up somewhere betwen 0.5 and 2.0...more options when you hold the power button down. You no longer have to just "power off" the tablet, you can select to reboot, with several options.

funny thing is, as i was getting ready to shut it down for a reboot for the first time after installing 2.0, i was thinking to myself, i wonder if there is an advanced power/reboot option out there somewhere...and then lo and behold...my wishes have already come true.
    V.0.6 I think.. still doesn't always seem to work for me though!!
    I am on CM 9.0.6 still and am having a "process.android.media has stopped working" error every now and then, click ok and its gone...this happened after the upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6. I am hoping that upgrading to 2.0 fixes this.

Anyone else know why this happens, or has a fix for it?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    The reboot option became available on CM9.0.6 but does not work for me neither....what DOES work however is when you choose the reboot option, then tap the bootloader option. This WILL reboot the tablet into ClockworkMod, and the first option in there is to reboot system.

So i i hit the Power button
    Reboot option
    Bootloader option
    in ClockworkMod hit the TP home hardware button (as the first option is system reboot)
    tablet reboots
    toggle between booting webOS/CyanogenMod

That is the only thing that works for me without a complete power down.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I just want to be sure I get this right this time...

If I am going to update from .05 to Alpha 2, do I only need to install and run the Alpha 2 download?

Do I need to put Clockworkmod or Moboot back on? When I went from CM7 to CM9 I did not put Clockworkmod or Moboot back on and I had to Doctor my TP.

I did read the first post, and from what I understand, I should only have to install the Alpha 2....but I wanted to verify.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Same here.

Sometime when I press power off it reboots and other times it doesn't. Same when I choose reboot.
    Once switching to alpha 2, from 0.6, my ES Note Editor stopped working correctly. It shows a black screen, and red lines if I'm lucky. This is usually followed by locking up of ES File Explorer and Trebuchet. I usually restart since the keyboard is permanently frozen on the screen. I tried reinstalling Gapps, wiping cache and dalvik first, at the beginning of this guide with no success. Can anyone help me with this problem?
    I upgraded to alpha 2 early this morning and my netflix movies gives me a black screen with garbled sound. Google sky map very briefly shows me a star pattern then goes black. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I just want to be sure I get this right this time...

If I am going to update from .05 to Alpha 2, do I only need to install and run the Alpha 2 download?

Do I need to put Clockworkmod or Moboot back on? When I went from CM7 to CM9 I did not put Clockworkmod or Moboot back on and I had to Doctor my TP.

I did read the first post, and from what I understand, I should only have to install the Alpha 2....but I wanted to verify.

Thanks.
    I went from 0.6 to 2.0 and all I did was drag 2.0 into the CMInstall folder and ran the AcmeInstaller and it worked just fine. I have had no issues except a random reboot. I had to reinstall my HD Bootanimation and the WiFi is still buggy but I figure that is expected. Netflix and YouTube HD are also working fine.
    Does anyone have a link to a working gchat? On my gchat one of my panels is hidden, even in landscape mode. Thanks in advance.
    I updated from 0.5 to 0.6 then straight to 2.0 per instructions at the start of this thread

"UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
    Already have CM9 on your touchpad and want to upgrade to a more recent version that has been released?
    First, download the new version of android, and drag/drop it into your touchpad in an easily accessable place (/media/internal is easiest, just go into webOS, put the device into usb mode, then drag/drop the file into it).
    Now reboot your touchpad, and when it enters Moboot, select clockworkmod.
    Once there, you need to select the "wipe cache partition" option.
    Next, go into advanced, and wipe dalvik cache.
    Finally, select the option to install from a zip on the SD card, and from there, select the newest CM9 file that you downloaded/drag and dropped into the touchpad.
    A few minutes later, you'll be staring at a nice new shiny build. Bear in mind that as these builds are still in ALPHA stages, it is possible new builds will bring with them new problems and may not always be as stable as the build you left behind."

power option to reboot works properly for me now. I had wifi problems back in 0.5 but then read that changing router channels from auto to something lower between 1-5 would fix it. Mine was originally set at 11 and I changed it to 3. It hasn't dropped since, so anyone with wifi issues still should probably try that if they haven't yet.

I'm missing some settings that i found back with 0.6 but can live with not finding them yet or them having been taken out for now. such as hiding clock in status bar and battery percent number vs. having a little battery there, or hiding it all together.

netflix was chappy and blurry at first but then i closed the app reopened and it was clear as a bell after.

if you're waiting for beta, just jump in now. i'm pretty sure you won't be sorry.

I do have one weird bug now in webOS though which i'm not sure if it's related but it show up right after updating, i'm getting the error: no internet connection message even though i still have wifi connection and the browser page loads behind it. but the email app is showing the same message but not loading at all.

anyways, I thought I'd share my experience so far.

Cheers everyone!

Kevin

*edit* wifi issue in webOS seems to be intermittent as it's now working again at the moment. hopefully it was just a fluke and doesn't show up anymore.
    Last edited by kevhead; 02/22/2012 at 11:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i had CM7 but removed it a couple of months back. i currently have a fresh Touchpad right now (well 1.5 overclocked and some preware patches). newbie question and tried to look around and didn't really get a clear answer. can install the files and just use CM9 2.0? or do i still have to install 0.5 or one of the older versions? i'm really curious and want to give ICS a try.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexb View Post
    can install the files and just use CM9 2.0? or do i still have to install 0.5 or one of the older versions? i'm really curious and want to give ICS a try.
    Yes
    Originally Posted by rexb

Q.1). "..can (I) install the files and just use CM9 2.0?"

A.) "Yes"

Q.2). "..or do I still have to install 0.5 or one of the older versions?.."

A.) "No"

I have 2 questions:

1. I cannot seem to boot into clockworkmod on my first boot. the file is in CMinstall folder. any ideas?

2. I have the Gapps file also in the CMinstall folder and i dont see the android market when I boot into ICS. any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit:

I solved the problem! It was just a matter of file naming error. since i downloaded the moboot file twice there was a (1) at the end of the filename hence my moboot version was not the 3.0.5
    Last edited by johnj2803; 02/23/2012 at 04:41 PM.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseamoose View Post
    I upgraded to alpha 2 early this morning and my netflix movies gives me a black screen with garbled sound. Google sky map very briefly shows me a star pattern then goes black. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
    Hard reset the device from clockwork mod and try again. Working fine on my touchpad and sometimes the upgrade does not go according to plan.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    I do have one weird bug now in webOS though which i'm not sure if it's related but it show up right after updating, i'm getting the error: no internet connection message even though i still have wifi connection and the browser page loads behind it. but the email app is showing the same message but not loading at all.
    That issue has been cropping up for those still on stock touchpads too.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 02/27/2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Ok so I used clockwork mod to install the update by placing the zip into the cminstall folder and choosing install zip. Then I looked like the install worked, but youtube videos still would not load. So I tried to do a hard reset like someone mentioned and now, it just boots to the android start up tutorial thing and when I touch the android it fails. So where to start now?
    Hi There

First of all, thanks for this thread, it looks (fairly!) straight forward - but before I'll go for it, can someone answer a couple of questions...?

Am I right in thinking that the CM9 install process creates an EXTx partition to hold the android binaries?
    if so, how big is it (as I was only able to get a 16Gb TP...), and does this contain all the android binaries (I'm assuming all the 'app2sd' capable programs will be moved to /media/internal...

Secondly, does anyone know if there's documentation somewhere which lists all the functionality that is working - e.g. in a matrix form like:

....... | WiFi | HW accel Graphics | Bluetooth | ......
    CM9 | Y | Y | N |

CM7 | Y | Y | Y |

(sorry if this doesn't come out too good...)

- It's just a mock up ;-) - but I think you know what I mean... it would allow us to easily see what is and isn't working...

Many thanks

Carl.