Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post
    Doh! I figured it out. Somehow the file downloads got corrupted on my PC so they were bunk. It seems to be installing quite nicely now. Nice write up. Thanks
    I want to follow up and say that the installation went perfectly. In fact, I did it to my wife's as well and it was painless. I still prefer webOS but there are a couple apps that I needed for very specific purposes that were not available on webOS. Now I can access those if I need them and still have webOS when I want it. Beautiful.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for such detailed instructions. They were very easy to follow and I now have a working CM9 Touchpad which I'm posting with.
    Perfect awesome Work, you are genius,I install CM9 today on mine and my daughter touchpad and both enjoying amazing Android world and webOS both on the same tablet,unbelievable goodbye for buying I PAD idea
    When the screen turns off, any streaming audio gets distorted and crackly. Once the screen is back on, the sound is perfect. I believe this was an issue in CM7 as well...has this been looked into yet?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I cant seem to install Google apps When ever I install from zip it says
    "E:Can't open /sdcard/blah blah.zip
    (bad)
    Installation aborted."
    What should I do?
    Might need to find another zip of gapps.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    When the screen turns off, any streaming audio gets distorted and crackly. Once the screen is back on, the sound is perfect. I believe this was an issue in CM7 as well...has this been looked into yet?
    From what I understand it's one of the many things being fixed as we approach beta.

It may even already be fixed in the nightlies, but due to their quick-changing nature it's hard to recommend going that route until there's a solid beta update.

I'll take a look at the latest nightly build and see if there's some fixes worth pursuing, and update this post accordingly if necessary .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Thanked!

This is a great guide and I pretty much followed your steps and completed in under 30 minutes. Only scary part was the installation process... had no idea how long it would take so my heart froze every time there was a pause in the install.

As a complete Android noob, ICS takes bit to get used to. Only issue I have is the WiFi like others, but I can work around it.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I cant seemed to download the Alpha 0.6 file... why.....
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanngoh View Post
    I cant seemed to download the Alpha 0.6 file... why.....
    I don't know. I can tell you this - occasionally the hosting site goes down, try again later today.

Alternatively, if you want the latest version, you could go with the nightlies. Just go here:

Techerrata Downloads - Browsing tenderloin

Then download the most recent version (it's going to be all the way at the bottom, scroll down). At this point, that is the most updated version of android - the trouble is, it MAY not be as stable as alpha 0.6. On the plus side, it will have lots of assorted fixes that the current 0.6 does not.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  11.    #191  
    I went ahead and updated the OP with instructions on where to find the latest nightly builds etc as well. The main devs for the touchpad are suggesting people go for the newest nightly builds instead of the 0.6 alpha, as it may be awhile before they actually get around to releasing a new "official" build.

Recognize that this may lead to instability - 0.6 is pretty damned stable and going with a nightly build is putting you on the bleeding edge of development. On the plus side, you will get a ton of fixes that have been incorporated since the last major update. You can make the decision for yourself as to whether or not to utilize the nightly alphas, or if you'd just prefer to stay with 0.6.

It does appear that hardware acceleration of HD video is coming -soon- to the nightly builds as well, so this may motivate some to make the jump once it is available. No ETA just yet, but it's already been demonstrated as a proof-of-concept and I'm expecting it fairly soon.

Has anyone experienced issues with tap responsiveness/glitching in both Alpha 0.6 & webOS? And before I get into the meat of this, I have implemented the latest tap fixes in Android.

Some background. I've had Alpha 0.6 installed for several weeks now. That said, recently I started getting twitchy cards in webOS, which leads to a largely unresponsive UI remedied only by a reboot. I've also been getting the same behavior (minus the cards) in Android. In Android, the bottom bar will amost always work, but the other items on the screen become completely untappable. Then, from time to time, I will get the home screen wallpaper popup, like I've long presseed the screen. Problem is, it's happening when I'm not touching anything.

I don't have any case that would add pressure to the screen (nothing that directly contacts the screen), I am patched in webOS pretty solidly, but I am not overclocked.

Ah, and reboot temporarily seems to fix this every time, sometimes for an entire day. I may eliminate the Android partition & then doctor my TouchPad, but before I do so, is there anyone who has experienced this & that may have a fix? Thanks! I don't know if I have a grid that's going bad, or if it's a software issue, but I'm leaning towards software, being that a reboot fixes it. Thoughts?
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ncinerate,
    Could you please explain what we should be doing backup wise.

I know there is a backup in CWM which I assume is CM9 code only?

And then there'sTitanium which I guess backs up apps and maybe data.

Could you clarify what and how we should be backing up before doing an upgrade?
    Thanks
    Ok, I'm sure this is a very silly question, but here goes...does the Touchstone charger still work when ICS is deployed or is it rendered inoperable?

Please be gentle. :-)

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    Ok, I'm sure this is a very silly question, but here goes...does the Touchstone charger still work when ICS is deployed or is it rendered inoperable?
    Yes it works with ICS.
    When updating to a nightly build, will all app, settings, and other data be wiped, or does it act like a manual OTA update, preserving those all-important things?

-bc
    Looks like Alpha 1.0 just got released.

[Release][Alpha1] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - RootzWiki
    Something weird is happening. Installed the following files
    moboot 0.35.zip
    update-charge systemui fix alpha o.zip
    umpdat cm9.0.0 rco touchpad alpha o fullofbugs.zip
    update cwm tenderloin 1012.zip

I have cleared the caches and installed the zip for the tenderloin on the touchpad, however it start booting cm but then restarts the reboot process? Any ideas guys.

thank you
    Got me runnin on Alpha 1.0
    How do I update from Alpha 0.6 to Alpha 1? I tried updating with one of the nightlies and it broke all the Google apps, even after a reinstall so I'm a bit wary of applying this update.