Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    A fair list of issues (including dodgy sound, no HW accelerated graphics) but awesome work by the dev team.

[Release][Alpha0] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - RootzWiki

Best of all YOU get to choose if you want an upgrade
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    Tim Dugan likes this.
    We get it... After having 20 years of software development ... You approve...

Good for you

Oh.. I think the horse is dead.. You can put the bat down now...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a working market?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    We get it... After having 20 years of software development ... You approve...

Good for you

Oh.. I think the horse is dead.. You can put the bat down now...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I never put my bat down ... That's what comes from being an opening batsmen.

The Bad Guys have to get me out or I ain't going nowhere

So, I guess since you are in the Other Tablet hinterland I assume you are installing CM9?
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    Very nice, wish i could get the market working though.
    Runs like buttah...

Overclocked to 1.6ghz with set cpu gives 2500 quadrant score.
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmayatt View Post
    Very nice, wish i could get the market working though.
    Working ok for me. I just copied a separate GAPPS file into the CMInstall folder during setup.
    So the Touchpad is one of the first to get Ice Cream Sandwich. With Rod getting a Galaxy Nexus it will be interesting to see where this goes.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    So the Touchpad is one of the first to get Ice Cream Sandwich. With Rod getting a Galaxy Nexus it will be interesting to see where this goes.

MIX-it-up!!

I guess that's where the 'Brew' in Homebrew comes into it!

Interesting flavours a'brewing, indeed!

Some (not ALL) things that do NOT work....according to them:

Hardware Video (OMX). As a result, Netflix does not work, YouTube works only only in non-HD videos.

Audio is a mess. The microphone does not work. Work on the current libaudio solution has halted because we will eventually switch to a CAF libaudio.

Camera does not work. The only libcamera.so that we have is from froyo and its closed source. There is a wrapper for QCOM gingerbread libcamera libraries that could likely be used as a basis to get our camera working.

Market filters prevent some apps from being installed (this can partly solved by switching back to standard DPI settings(120, 160, 240). The current build is using 160 which fixes the market but makes everything look ugly and low resolution.

Titanium Backup crashes the kernel. There’s an investigation in progress...There are reports that older versions do work.

Most of the hardware problems from CM7 still exist in this CM9 alpha build.

Gapps intended for CM7/Gingerbread will not work in CM9/ICS. If you choose to install GAPPS then you'll need to get an updated compilation

USB file transfers use MTP or PTP in Ice Cream Sandwich and Honeycomb. Traditional storage mounting is not supported in the Touchpad build.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I haven't installed any CM builds so far as they are still alpha but my question is, is WebOS going open source going to help the CM team for drivers issues and persisting hardware problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by neks View Post
    I haven't installed any CM builds so far as they are still alpha but my question is, is WebOS going open source going to help the CM team for drivers issues and persisting hardware problems?
    Well that would certainly help out the webOS side of things, but as CM7/9 is a completely isolated OS on the TouchPad, I'm not sure how open-sourcing webOS would help the Android side of things. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $when$ $you$'$re$ $running$ $Android$ $on$ $your$ $TouchPad$, $it$ $is$ $ONLY$ $Android$, $nothing$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $webOS$.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    wow perlow has been running some version on a xoom for 2 wks and says its buggy and slow with certain apps not closing properly like facebook pulse and weatherbug. he is blaming the graphic intensive apps in dalvik language and devs with apps that poll the system. Sounds like one has to be careful which apps to install beyond google native calendar, email etc.

On Tablets, Android 4.0 is an Ice Cream Headache | ZDNet
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/18/2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Well that would certainly help out the webOS side of things, but as CM7/9 is a completely isolated OS on the TouchPad, I'm not sure how open-sourcing webOS would help the Android side of things. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $when$ $you$'$re$ $running$ $Android$ $on$ $your$ $TouchPad$, $it$ $is$ $ONLY$ $Android$, $nothing$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $webOS$.
    Ah sorry my post wasn't very clear. I meant, is it safe to assume that the source code when available will help the CM team to develop better drivers and fix the hardware issues?
    story here:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Alpha-of-Android-4-0-ICS-port-for-HP-TouchPad-released-1415439.html

download:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15509-releasealpha0-cyanogenmod-9-touchpad/
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    opps..didn't look in other tablets......mine is a HP Touchpad...LOL
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast