Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    I'm a strong believer in webOS, but have to admit that CM9 is a pretty nice package. Dual booting works smoothly, and Android boots much faster than webOS. There are a few Android apps that haven't made it to webOS yet, so CM9 provides a way to get at them when needed. It's an easy install (as was CM7), doesn't break webOS, and a great way to get a taste for Android. Still many loose ends with CM9, but it's certainly ready for a look-see.

Yes.. essentially the two OS's must be distant 'cousins' surely?
    I can see Matias Duart's influence in both.. and since the CM7/9 crew have had to also familiarise them selves with webOS, I also see it's influence upon such as CM 'Trebuchet' too.

Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Actually it's not recommended to do so at this point - changing density ends up borking the whole google marketplace.

If you -really- want to fiddle with it, you need to grab a build.prop editor and change the density from 160 to something more appealing .

Thanks.. yes, I am aware that G. Market only recognises a few densities.. but hell yeah, I want to fiddle with this until I know it!

'Alpha testing' I suppose you could call it!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/21/2012 at 02:25 PM.
    It is a huge improvement over CM7, and Words with Friends works again (so my ipad 2 is useless now.. haha), however Dungeon Defenders does not work. Which is at least annoying. . . especially since it's free on Android, and I have to pay $6 to get it on iOS.. even though I wrote part of it. le sigh.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It is a huge improvement over CM7, and Words with Friends works again (so my ipad 2 is useless now.. haha), however Dungeon Defenders does not work. Which is at least annoying. . . especially since it's free on Android, and I have to pay $6 to get it on iOS.. even though I wrote part of it. le sigh.
    lol ive been playing words with friends too lol.

CM9 is mucho better than 7, even in its current state, i have permanent wifi now, it never drops! just a shame about the battery life at the moment.

still touchstone on its way, sooon wont be a problem
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Does Netflix work with this build?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavejon View Post
    Does Netflix work with this build?
    From what I have read, no it does not. Won't work until hardware acceleration is functioning.

Edit....just tested this on my newly installed ICS. Netflix loads, displays your queue, etc, and even plays audio. But the video does not work.
    Last edited by Joeb2751; 01/23/2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeb2751 View Post
    From what I have read, no it does not. Won't work until hardware acceleration is functioning.

Edit....just tested this on my newly installed ICS. Netflix loads, displays your queue, etc, and even plays audio. But the video does not work.
    Parts of YouTube work as mentioned, not HD movies, Bbc I player isn't working either, but then I can boot into webos for I player, so no big deal
    My experience so far: CM9 feels very smooth, a very smart and practical user interface if not as elegant as the one in webOS. Given that this is an alpha it's very solid, though I've had the occasional app force close. I've not had the whole system crash though. The key apps that I've been using so far (Dolphin Browser, EZPDF, YouTube, Napster, DropBox, Kindle and Comixology) have been faultless. I've also been using the "leaves and raindrops on water live wallpaper", which looks beautiful though I assume it's hitting my battery.

I have though, had the 'black sleep of death' once, forcing a power+volume button reset.

Oddly, I've also had the tinny metallic audio issue, which I thought had been introduced by the firmware upgrade in webOS to 3.04. Why then should it appear under Android? Anyway, switching off, waiting 10 seconds and switching back on again cured the problem.

Yesterday, streaming while the screen was off worked fine (from Napster), today, though, I got the metallic sound as soon as the screen turned off, with the audio fixing itself as soon as the screen was turned back on. Again, odd. (I wonder if I had the Touchpad on charge yesterday while streaming? Will test later.)

EDIT: Well, an earlier reboot must have cured the problem, as the Touchpad is streaming from Napster with the screen off fine again now. (Not on charge.)

Spyke
    Last edited by Spyke; 01/25/2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    when is hardware acceleration going to be enabled? the only thing making me boot into webos now is BBC iPlayer and youtube.
    Spyke, the audio problem was first documented in CM7 back in October, so it would've been before 3.0.4, I think. Probably an indication that it's a fault in the Linux audio driver for this hardware.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Spyke, the audio problem was first documented in CM7 back in October, so it would've been before 3.0.4, I think. Probably an indication that it's a fault in the Linux audio driver for this hardware.
    Interesting, thanks. Does that mean that CM9 uses some drivers installed by webOS, or is that the CyanogenMod team have simply used the same Linux driver in CM7/CM9?

Spyke
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234