Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVerge
    There's been an ongoing grassroots effort to shoehorn Android on to HP's TouchPad and a new video posted online shows considerable progress from the version shown off in October. A member of the CyanogenMod team, greentheonly, shows off a mostly-functional port of CyanogenMod 9 running on the ill-fated tablet, bringing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with it in. Aside from the camera and video playback, "mostly everything else works," including the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and a bootloader spotted at the beginning indicates that webOS will still be an option. Performance seems fine on the TouchPad itself, with a koi pond live wallpaper running smoothly throughout the demo and Angry Birds playback fluid and stutter-free. Unfortunately we still don't have a release date, but the CyanogenMod team should be able to bring users something to play with "soon."
    Source: HP TouchPad CyanogenMod 9 port shown on video, fully-functioning Android almost ready | The Verge
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    I already watched the video, really interesting to know mostly ICS works on TouchPad. If it 100% works, I think I will install it on mine, but before that I need a confirmation that it can be removed 100% , without make any bad impact to TouchPad hardware & the webOS.
    Last edited by The Bard; 01/13/2012 at 12:03 PM.
    It will be interesting to observe the influence of Duarte over ICS/CM9 here.. will this in fact be a kind of 'cousin' to webOS in the intuitive 'look & feel' dept.. if nothing else.. as a result?