Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    can you install android on the touchpad even though I have preware installed on it? I really want to be able to download more apps so I'm really wanting android but I think I read somewhere the two cannot be on the touchpad together? sorry I am new!
  2. #2  
    Yes you can have both installed at the same time! i have android as well as preware installed. both work perfectly fine
  3.    #3  
    alright thank you! I'm just kind of nervous to because I don't want to brick my touchpad but might later tonight!
  4. #4  
    I dont really think its possible to ruin it with Android, the latest version (3.5) is actually pretty stable for just an alpha build, i rarely use Android now though, its not as good as WebOS, i only use Android for Netflix now.
  5. #5  
    I'm presently running CM7 alpha 3 or whatever was their latest build and fixes. Actually, the updated version is much more stable and enhances most everything when it comes to performance and optimization for the TP.

    Now that I've done it, upgrade from Alpha 2 and made other changes, I'm no-longer hesitant and more motivated to live on the edge. Not truly the case though, the CM7 team and webOS Internals have both made the process VERY Easy...Thanks Bunches!!!

    Only recommendation I can provide is, if you can wait for ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) and not in a rush...I'd wait! ICS (CM9) should fix many things about CM7 that aren't directly fixable since CM7 was originally built and developed for smartphones and not tablets. My present installation of CM7 and ADWLauncher EX mitigates most of these display and interface problems, but everything can use some polish.

    Having both OSes is a huge plus for me and I love having the option to use and download apps on Android and still rely on webOS for daily work (email, browsing, etc) simply because nothing beats Synergy and how webOS operates. Sorli...
  6.    #6  
    alright sounds wonderful! thank you sorli! do you know when it comes out? and I believe I am still on 3.0.4? mattecko16
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpappas13xx View Post
    alright sounds wonderful! thank you sorli! do you know when it comes out? and I believe I am still on 3.0.4? mattecko16
    i meant the cm7 version is 3.5 alpha. I dont really know much about this either, but i get around
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattecko16 View Post
    I dont really think its possible to ruin it with Android, the latest version (3.5) is actually pretty stable for just an alpha build, i rarely use Android now though, its not as good as WebOS, i only use Android for Netflix now.
    exactly my situation. i boot in for netflix, and that's about it. HOWEVER, netflix is great on it. I had to overclock cm7 to get decent streaming, but it's excellent now.
  9.    #9  
    alright hopefully its soon or some more apps come out for the tp! thanks again so much everyone for the help!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    exactly my situation. i boot in for netflix, and that's about it. HOWEVER, netflix is great on it. I had to overclock cm7 to get decent streaming, but it's excellent now.
    I just wish netflix was on WebOS, i would be done with android after that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions