Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FYI:
    From another forum - NFS Shift not only uses the device name and model, it also uses provider...looking for 3g or a sim card. So no go on the touchpad.

Although...changing the build prop does allow Alsphalt 6 to work!
    It seems that Xron-(V B.1.2) installs perfectly over CM7 (A3).
    Nothing wiped/missing..... + all the 'extras'!

Kudos to the Teams!

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Yes. I currently only have my gmail account sync'd. I had turned of both contacts & calendar (I live in the webOS world for the majority of that stuff). I have all phone related items turned off, no live wallpaper, currently no widgets, etc. Gemini to manage tasks/applications, etc. The drain is horrific. No kidding, a single storybook with my kids can result in a 10%+ drain.

I ran an app test this morning before I left for the office. Pre getting ready, I had 8tracks running a mix on a 100% charged CM7 boot. Time spent was 17 minutes. I had a drain of 19%. Unreal. Check tasks, etc. etc. Nothing major there. It was a fresh boot, no other software opened.

TouchPad, I took the next 17 minutes, ran the same 8tracks mix...checked email, weather, twitter, etc....a bunch of stuff. My drain...2%.

I'm going to run a full webOS doctor & a completely clean install of Android, however I am going to wait (assuming I don't have that much longer) for 3.0.5 & possibly ICS. Maybe I just had a bad install? We'll see later if this new flash helped. That said, as I was typing this, it crashed again & rebooted. It was just sitting there...
    Another battery tip:

Install wifi timepit from the app catalog. Its free and will allow wifi to properly sleep saving tons of battery when the screen off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Another battery tip:

Install wifi timepit from the app catalog. Its free and will allow wifi to properly sleep saving tons of battery when the screen off.
    ncinerate.

Um, you mean WiFi TimeOUT? (Got autocorrect on?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Thanks. I really hope they will allow an adroiod on TP section here, without restrictions. This site works so much better for me while at work. The other one takes a long time for pages to load.

I just installed alpha 3 the other day and I have not had any battery issues. Not sure if I should try this new one or not.

I have wifi issues sometimes but that happens with webOS for me too. I would like better app support on android though.
    I installed it. It takes forever to boot. What is up with that? Anyway I have not seen any increase in battery life.

It is pitiful to me and puts a bad taste in my mouth about the Android community that this 2 pages of conversation could not carry on at an Android site. I don't see any reason why the webOS guys should give up space on their servers for stuff like this that is purely Android related. The Android community as a whole needs to adjust fire and support this port.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12