Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stumblinh
  • 1 Post By thirsy1258
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    The more I think about it the more I'm frustrated.. I mean with a simlar base why don't the guys working on the andriod for TP just get a working andriod emu? Seems possible and I mean how awesome would it be just to "open" android mess w/ any apps games you need,,, then close the darn thing up and enjoy webos? I mean common perfect world there. Cake and eat it too..
    Vistaus likes this.
    Easier said than done?

Just a wild guess.

;-)
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    ....needs more ram.....?
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    ....needs more ram.....?
    Ewe are hilarious.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    Ewe are hilarious.
    I've haddock with this type of humor
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

The platforms are very different. It would not be easy. there is no "just get a working andriod emu" ... the "just" part is dumb.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    In principle you could port Dalvik in order to run Android apps. The same approach, I believe, that RIM was taking to run them on the Playbook...
    You can't exactly wing it. An emu would be hard to get off the ground without a lot of effort.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by marquezr22 View Post
    You can't exactly wing it. An emu would be hard to get off the ground without a lot of effort.
    I'd bet money 90% of the users would PAY for this emu.. I'd actually pay up to 19.99 and I think most of that 90% of users would as well considering what it gives them. Worth every penny to be able to just run andriod as an 'app' and have access to their entire ecosystem and not loose webos or worry about dual booting etc.
    It takes like two seconds to boot between the two. I personally only use webos when I need to watch a flash tv show. Other than that it stays on android. I think webos looks cleaner but we already have both worlds.

sent from my thunderbolt
    dignitary likes this.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I've haddock with this type of humor
    Someone should try it just for the halibut, but I suspect their efforts would flounder.

Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    In principle you could port Dalvik in order to run Android apps. The same approach, I believe, that RIM was taking to run them on the Playbook...
    It's interesting the way they're doing it. It's supposed to be released in February.
    BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 Android support: A work in progress | ZDNet

They have a herd of full-time paid developers working on it. I can't see anyone committing those kind of resources to WebOS. If HP reverses course, I would expect to see more WebOS apps.
    <thread moooooooved>
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    The platforms are very different. It would not be easy. there is no "just get a working andriod emu" ... the "just" part is dumb.
    Then how come people on XDA are working on this Android-emu for webOS and almost have beta ready?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Then how come people on XDA are working on this Android-emu for webOS and almost have beta ready?
    I'm assuming you aren't talking about CM7, so... Read my post above. Chroid and Palmdroid are dead and have been dead for months now.

I would not recommend installing chroid under any circumstances unless you're an extreme risk-taker and consider your Touchpad expendable. It seriously messes with your webOS install and can't be fully uninstalled without re-doctoring the device because it leaves remnants of itself behind. Furthermore, if you have problems with it, you're on your own as there's zero support.
    Since android is a lot faster and smoother than webos, maybe the question should be why isn't there a webos emu' for CM7 ?
    Touchpad Handbrake Video Settings:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html

My collection of backgrounds for WebOS:
    http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Wallpapers/
    I would definitely disagree that Android is faster and smoother than webOS, ever since I stopped loading 20+ accounts into Synergy after installation. Especially since I stopped loading my Skype account into Synergy period.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: