Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
    If you're having pairing problems in Android, you should probably hit up Android Central. There's an app specifically made for pairing Bluetooth GPSes to devices without them (I think BlueGPS), but they'd have an answer a heck of a lot quicker.

I do know that their solution allows you to use your BT GPS with any other mapping program, not just one limited application. It lets any app read from the GPS that needs your location: Google Maps, Foursquare, navigation packages, etc. A ton.
    Here's some more help I can give, having owned a Viewsonic G-Tablet and had to pair my BT GPS to it to get full nav capabilities.

Check this thread out for your BT GPS needs: Bluegps help please - xda-developers

Also, this app: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    i installed this with gapps but the only thing I got was the android store

i have read a few other people had this problem

even redid the installation with no change, any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseincats View Post
    i installed this with gapps but the only thing I got was the android store

i have read a few other people had this problem

even redid the installation with no change, any ideas?
    There is the 'gapps' file.. and also a file named 'update-cm-6.1.0-tenderloin-marketfix-Flemmard' that prevents the Android Market filtering any applications it thinks are unsuitable for the TouchPad's high resolution screen.. you might want to try throwing that one into the mix as well, if you haven't already?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/30/2011 at 06:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    If you're having pairing problems in Android, you should probably hit up Android Central. There's an app specifically made for pairing Bluetooth GPSes to devices without them (I think BlueGPS), but they'd have an answer a heck of a lot quicker.

I do know that their solution allows you to use your BT GPS with any other mapping program, not just one limited application. It lets any app read from the GPS that needs your location: Google Maps, Foursquare, navigation packages, etc. A ton.
    And 'Thanks everyone!'

I will check it all out. There does not appear to be a BT GPS pairing problem with CM7, but clearly it also needs a suitable Mapping App to actually 'connect' and pipe the GPS reciever-info into the App location system.

Words With Friends has completely stopped working for me. Now I have no reason whatsoever to boot Android
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    makatram likes this.
    Installed CM7 a3 last night and the installation went great. I will need to give it time but WebOS is far nicer to use. It really illustrates the lack of apps will kill the platform.
    take a look at post 158
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ouchpad-8.html
    i try with ndrive and navigon and work like a charm
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    2.3 cm7 is apparently more stable, many are having issues w/ alpha3. I've even read several threads around saying hold out to the next build if you don't have specific issues and a reason to upgrade.
    Werid. Alpha 3 pretty much cleared up all the problems i was having on alpha 2. haven't had a device or app crash since. Also fixed the screen sleep of death (which required a restart) too.
    cyberprashant likes this.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I did do a search of this thread but didnt see my issues (maybe i missed it) with ALPHA 3.

1. WIFI - a lot of times I will turn the unit on (from a screen off only not full off) and it will not show any WIFI connection. I can go to wifi in settings and SOMETIMES I can select my wifi connection again and other times when I click on wifi I get a "NOT RESPONDING" error. Also sometimes when I do get in, I get a connecting and then a disconnected message. This was happening in Alpha 2 also

2. Reboot error. If you hold the power button down and select reboot, android looks like it is going to reboot but then nothing. I have to LONG PRESS the power button to get it to turn back on. I then get the boot menu. This was NOT happening in alpha 2. The TP would reboot fine.

3. I noticed MAIL doesnt always auto-update. Sometimes my cell phone will show new mail but the TP does not show any mail. I press Menu-UPDATE in the mail program but nothing happens. on my phone there is a spinning symbol to show it is updating.. the TP has nothing.. after a long while (5-10 minutes) I hear the sound for new mail.

Any help would be appreciated....
    That's because they are all on Androidcentral in the Touchpad forum.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Words With Friends has completely stopped working for me. Now I have no reason whatsoever to boot Android
    Same here.. I click the icon and it gives me an error
    I did get very happy when I ready on Androidcentral that ICS port is being worked on
    Hi can someone who installed Alpha3 let me know if you can install android tablet specific apps or only mobile ones?

Specifically, I want to know if I can run the WSJ tablet app on Android on my touchpad?

If someone could let me know, I would really appreciate it.
    You do get all the tablet apps in cm7 so yeah that should work fine. I haven't found anything in the marketplace that won't install yet
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    You do get all the tablet apps in cm7 so yeah that should work fine. I haven't found anything in the marketplace that won't install yet
    I installed CM7 A3 yesterday and so far pretty good A little sluggish at time but I'm happy and I now have Netflix and my Andorid Apps. The only app that won't even allow me to install is Bejewelled 2. No idea why, but there's a message saying "Your device is not compatible with this item".
    I put on the a3 mod android and it works fine]..but I put on the "patch" to open the market and it fails to do so ...what can I do to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    cm7 a3 installed fine but marketplace times out ...what to do?
    Last edited by patapoof; 12/08/2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: badd typping
    I didn't have the marketplace in my build until I re-ran the installer with all the required files in the cminstall dir on your touchpad?

When I ran the install script, I had the following in \media\internal\cminstall
    google apps package - gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
    moboot_0.3.5.zip
    update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a3-fullofbugs-signed.zip
    update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    There is also a file named: 'update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-marketfix-Flemmard' which prevents the Android Market from filtering applications it thinks are unsuitable for the TouchPad's high resolution screen.

Might be worth throwing that into the mix too?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123