Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #21  
    I think he means alpha 2 is more stable (which I'd disagree with -- alpha 3 has been fine for me).
  2. #22  
    Alpha3 has been fine for me on a 4G, but I have no experience with Alpha2.
    The only issue is the occasional Wi-Fi burp.
  3. #23  
    I started out with Alpha2.1 then installed Alpha3. These are the issues I am currently experiencing with Alpha3. [I also posted this list on another forum]

    None of these happened to me in Alpha 2.1:

    - The Render FX Widgets, when activated, make the system veerryy slooooow.
    - Bringing up the Android browser that's already running (in the background) takes 5+ seconds. Killing it and starting a new one is instantaneous, however. [edit: This problem seems to have disappeared]
    - Placing Touchpad on Touchstone causes system to reboot. This happened only once so far.
    - Removing USB cable after charging causes reboot. Happened only once so far.
    - Render FX Widgets, when activated, do not seem immediately to take effect until the screen is repainted.
    - Android browser crashes frequently.
    - Haptic feedback no longer works.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    2.3 cm7 is apparently more stable, many are having issues w/ alpha3. I've even read several threads around saying hold out to the next build if you don't have specific issues and a reason to upgrade.
    Im confused with your postings too

    Alpha 3 IS CM7

    They state in the CM7 threads that NO ONE should install this because it is an Alpha release and NOT for daily use. Your touchpad may / will / can break by installing this Alpha release

    All the expectations of this release were set before you download

    I tried Alpha 1 and it was pretty good but I like WebOS too much now LOL

    and ive installed ICS on my Galaxy S
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    and ive installed ICS on my Galaxy S
    Which model? Vibrant (T-Mobile)?
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

    I also take custom kb layout requests.

  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I think he means alpha 2 is more stable (which I'd disagree with -- alpha 3 has been fine for me).
    Yes sorry that is what I meant.. had build #'s mixed up, was just recalling off memory. Good to hear some positive though, I read several who thought it went backwards.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

    FYI.....see link.

    Take care,

    Jay

    HP TouchPad & CyanogenMod 7.1 Android Alpha 3 update
    Under: Google Android, Tablet PC
    Date: November 24th, 2011

    HP TouchPad & CyanogenMod 7.1 Android Alpha 3 update Phone Reviews

    The new CyanogenMod 7.1 Android Alpha 3 update has been released; this is the new build of Google Android for the HP TouchPad. RootzWiki has the all the updates from Alpha 1 up-to-date, this tablet PC as standard was released with webOS 3.0 software, but the world went crazy for an Android port.
    Hi All!
    New hp touchpad owner and precentral member, and here' s my first post and question:
    I'm interested in loading the CM7 Alpha 3 mod, but would like to know if the webOS and Android can share data? For instance; I have a number of pdf's and mpegs loaded on my touchpad running webOS. If I load Android and have a dual-boot system, do I need to load these files again, or can Android access files loaded in webOS?

    Thanks in advance...
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Fist View Post
    Hi All!
    New hp touchpad owner and precentral member, and here' s my first post and question:
    I'm interested in loading the CM7 Alpha 3 mod, but would like to know if the webOS and Android can share data? For instance; I have a number of pdf's and mpegs loaded on my touchpad running webOS. If I load Android and have a dual-boot system, do I need to load these files again, or can Android access files loaded in webOS?

    Thanks in advance...
    @Winged Fist: In my experience, which is only media related, the libraries share. My music files & photos (those that aren't cloud only) share without any effort. I assume this is the same for other documents, but I've not tested it myself.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

    Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
  9. #29  
    Great news steffej3! Thanks for the speedy reply... So I won't have to worry about reloading media files, and taking up twice the space? that was my concern.
  10. letijr's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #30  
    installed A3 a few days ago, and is running fine so far for me. Installed the basic Google apps, and things like Dolphin HD, Foursquare, Documents to go, google music, etc .... Wireless is stable, system is fast. Didn't have any of the previous versions.
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Which model? Vibrant (T-Mobile)?
    Its a Galaxy S I9000 thats about all I know LOL

    Its UK and on Vodaphone but its unlocked anyway

    ICS is working really well and im just about to install beta 2 of it
  12. #32  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to see the exact partition diagnostics? Like a pie chart in Windows that shows drive usage.....

    Reason I ask is not b/c 2gb is huge, but I aborted a CM7 install b/c it sat for 10 minutes, seemingly frozen. Well, apparently that was normal & on my second try I just let it sit & the install completed. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I didn't check my space prior to the installs. I'm worried that I actually have 2-2gb partitions & may need to doctor & start it all fresh. Is it possible that there are 2, even with the first aborted attempt, or would the full install attempt overwrite the previous?
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

    Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
  13. #33  
    I just fresh installed CM7 A3, dual booting nicely with our beloved webOS (3.0.4) now. It seems fairly fast and smooth.. if not somewhat 'unintuitive' in layout and accessibility, by comparison!

    My first 'Android' experience anyway, but the one major motivation being to access an App/Apps that allow successful External Bluetooth GPS Reciever recognition in the Wifi only TP.. and good Mapping for on-the-road car use.. this *may* be the 'wrong' forum to ask.. (hide!).. but has anyone here 'been down that road' already?
    And do you therefore have any specific App recommendations for me to do this?
    I already have the BT GPS status: 'Paired but not Connected' in CM7 OK.

    Thanks!

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/29/2011 at 02:46 PM.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I just fresh installed CM7 A3, dual booting nicely with our beloved webOS (3.0.4) now. It seems fairly fast and smooth.. if not somewhat 'unintuitive' in layout and accessibility, by comparison!

    My first 'Android' experience anyway, but the one major motivation being to access an App/Apps that allow successful External Bluetooth GPS Reciever recognition in the Wifi only TP.. and good Mapping for on-the-road car use.. this *may* be the 'wrong' forum to ask.. (hide!).. but has anyone here 'been down that road' already?
    And do you therefore have any specific App recommendations for me to do this?
    I already have the BT GPS status: 'Paired but not Connected' in CM7 OK.

    Thanks!

    I wish I could help, but I haven't tried any of that. As for whether or not this is the correct forum, I know previous conversations have been moved to the official Android Central forums or something like that, but.....and I mean as little disrespect as possible...I feel extremely dirty there, so I don't go. To me, this is just a 'patch' for webOS. As long as I think like that, I trick my own being into believing it. Childish & pointless...yeah, but it makes me feel better.

    I enjoy some of the gaps that CM7 fills, but again, webOS wins out for me.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

    Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I wish I could help, but I haven't tried any of that. As for whether or not this is the correct forum, I know previous conversations have been moved to the official Android Central forums or something like that, but.....and I mean as little disrespect as possible...I feel extremely dirty there, so I don't go. To me, this is just a 'patch' for webOS. As long as I think like that, I trick my own being into believing it. Childish & pointless...yeah, but it makes me feel better.

    I enjoy some of the gaps that CM7 fills, but again, webOS wins out for me.
    Thanks.. OK, maybe someone else has it totally sussed-out already!
    If so, please speak up!

    Indeed, I tend to feel the same.. ie. wait for the likes of 'Navit' to start talking with BT GPS.. or 'patch' it up another way, until then !

    It's essentially the Wifi-only TouchPad's 'lack of GPS' we are talking about after all!

    "Mutate & Survive" I say! May webOS win out in the end!

  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to see the exact partition diagnostics? Like a pie chart in Windows that shows drive usage.....

    Reason I ask is not b/c 2gb is huge, but I aborted a CM7 install b/c it sat for 10 minutes, seemingly frozen. Well, apparently that was normal & on my second try I just let it sit & the install completed. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I didn't check my space prior to the installs. I'm worried that I actually have 2-2gb partitions & may need to doctor & start it all fresh. Is it possible that there are 2, even with the first aborted attempt, or would the full install attempt overwrite the previous?
    If you're willing to agree to their testing terms (or wait for final release), check out WebOS Internals' new app, Tailor: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...a-testing.html

    --John
  17. #37  
    Well, not with CM7, but with Webos!

    I bought this Mapping Tool Pro and a bluetooth gps receiver (tomtom) and they work fine together on the road. Only problem is that Mapping Tool cannot run poi search or address search etc. So there is not much use unless you know where you want to go.

    The map actually is nicer than most of the maps that come with other gps sets.

    I hope openstreet maps has the poi and address search function. But again maybe I am just day-dreaming...



    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I just fresh installed CM7 A3, dual booting nicely with our beloved webOS (3.0.4) now. It seems fairly fast and smooth.. if not somewhat 'unintuitive' in layout and accessibility, by comparison!

    My first 'Android' experience anyway, but the one major motivation being to access an App/Apps that allow successful External Bluetooth GPS Reciever recognition in the Wifi only TP.. and good Mapping for on-the-road car use.. this *may* be the 'wrong' forum to ask.. (hide!).. but has anyone here 'been down that road' already?
    And do you therefore have any specific App recommendations for me to do this?
    I already have the BT GPS status: 'Paired but not Connected' in CM7 OK.

    Thanks!

  18. #38  
    So far, I installed Alpha 3 but didn't really use it. 2d performance in GUI seems better. Wifi is definitely better. But Android does nothing for me that webOS can't do. Bought another TP recently and I'm keeping that one Android-free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Fist View Post
    Great news steffej3! Thanks for the speedy reply... So I won't have to worry about reloading media files, and taking up twice the space? that was my concern.
    Directories are shared. My advice, backup your files before you install CM7. I had a separate "movies" directory and it became wiped out. I think my pictures in the stock webOS directory were wiped out too but I might have made a new one for that also. There is a "downloads" directory for webOS and CM7 creates a "download" directory but you can access both from either OS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I just fresh installed CM7 A3, dual booting nicely with our beloved webOS (3.0.4) now. It seems fairly fast and smooth.. if not somewhat 'unintuitive' in layout and accessibility, by comparison!

    My first 'Android' experience anyway, but the one major motivation being to access an App/Apps that allow successful External Bluetooth GPS Reciever recognition in the Wifi only TP.. and good Mapping for on-the-road car use.. this *may* be the 'wrong' forum to ask.. (hide!).. but has anyone here 'been down that road' already?
    And do you therefore have any specific App recommendations for me to do this?
    I already have the BT GPS status: 'Paired but not Connected' in CM7 OK.

    Thanks!

    I do remember reading that someone paired an external GPS unit to the TP. So Android shouldn't be necessary for that unless you need to tether. Even so, you can ad-hoc tether to phones in webOS, with this:

    [App] Add-Hoc tethering by Bedrock
  19. #39  
    For someone for whom all of this is another language from a different galaxy, will there ever be a version of this that is FAR LESS complicated to install, or should I just get someone to do this for me?
  20. #40  
    I have a bt gps works great in Mapping tool pro.. the unit paired right up no issues and maptp picked it right up. If you want to also tie in poi's maybe just snag localscope for the tp as well.. btw the two you should be golden if you can deal w/o having turn by turn 'traditional' gps navigation. Granted this is a webos option. There is also a local search HD that may do the trick.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions