Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    CyBoot - RC1

Adds security improvements, new setting for bootloader timeout, and dialog that confirms a settings save.

CyBoot - Beta 2

Now available from precentral's repo for easy preware and webosquickinstaller access.

CyBoot allows you to manage the boot loader's settings from within webos. You can choose a default os and you can set a temporary default for quick booting into your os of choice on the next restart. It also allows you to restart your from within the app. I got sick of my touchpad defaulting to Android...

Thanks so much to the cyanogen team for their awesome port!

This app must be installed through preware or through the webosquickinstaller.

Let me know what your experience is with it.

Thanks,
    w (hidden_premise / @grep_awesome)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hiddenpremise; 11/09/2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Added "Now in preware feeds"
    This is a great help. Works perfectly, webos 3.0.4 w/ubuntu + CM7.1alpha2.
    Quote Originally Posted by orion2 View Post
    This is a great help. Works perfectly, webos 3.0.4 w/ubuntu + CM7.1alpha2.
    I see how you loaded WebOS 3.0.4 and CM7.1v2, but how did you get ubuntu in there too for a triple boot. I'd love to try that.

Also, is there a way to get the Webos and CM7.1 Android to reside on 'fully separate' partitions--I notice that when I go back to Webos (Running the F14/F18 modded webos beta kernel) it looks like it expands an image file of the webos partition instead of just booting from another partition... I thought Id ask since your ubuntu install probably necessitated this... any advice or URL's to get to my goal would be greatly appreciated, as would your personal experience to mod my 16Gb Touchpad.

Thx -Jonathan
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    when I try to start the app, I get a thin tall box that says "an Error has occurred. Please restart the application."
  5.    #5  
    when I try to start the app, I get a thin tall box that says "an Error has occurred. Please restart the application."
    how did you install? Send me a PM with your install method and device if you don't mind
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    CyBoot - RC1

Adds security improvements, new setting for bootloader timeout, and dialog that confirms a settings save.

CyBoot - Beta 2

Now available from precentral's repo for easy preware and webosquickinstaller access.

CyBoot allows you to manage the boot loader's settings from within webos. You can choose a default os and you can set a temporary default for quick booting into your os of choice on the next restart. It also allows you to restart your from within the app. I got sick of my touchpad defaulting to Android...

Thanks,
    Great program. It has a small bug in that it will not let you set 10 second as a countdown time. It can set up to 9 seconds and 11 seconds on up. I have not tried 20, but I bet it has the same issue. Thanks
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi I installed CyBoot RC1 on my HP Touchpad. One thing I noticed the first time I ran it is the timeout is grayed out. I thought that meant couldn't be changed and didn't realize I could change it. When I rebooted I found my timeout gone. Of course I eventually figured out by clicking on the grayed out link I could enable the timeout. I'm new to WebOS and I didn't realize what was happening. My suggestion is that you make note that the timeout is grayed out because it is disabled by default. "The timeout is grayed out because it is disabled by default. Click to set a timeout." or something along those lines.
    Thank you for your work on this program I have been looking for something with a GUI to change the boot options easily. Merry Christmas
    Hi! It works on pre? I have webos 2.0.1, i already download It bit i cant choise the time To reboot. Clase somebody awnser. Thanks!
    I misunderstood an option and set Android as the OS to boot the next time. I thought it was a one time setting. Now I can't the multi boot screen when I restart from Android. How do I change the settings from android to get back to moboot?
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacecase View Post
    I misunderstood an option and set Android as the OS to boot the next time. I thought it was a one time setting. Now I can't the multi boot screen when I restart from Android. How do I change the settings from android to get back to moboot?
    I was able to get back by going to the bootloader option and then rebooting again. That brought up the moboot screen.

I hope that nobody else makes the same mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacecase View Post
    I was able to get back by going to the bootloader option and then rebooting again. That brought up the moboot screen.

I hope that nobody else makes the same mistake.
    If they do, just hold power button while booting until moboot tells you to stop Happens a lot when upgrading andro versions.
    Yeah.. thats simpler.. when I got stuck with this issue I used ACMEInstaller to throw Clockworkmod in there again and used 'reboot' option to get back into Moboot, and thence webOS and CyBoot!

Phrw!

yeah this app wasn't working for me until i adjusted bootloader timeout...
    I have a different problem. While i am able to set whatever time i want to the countdown timer. It does not work. The selection stays solid and the timer is mising... Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdrov View Post
    I have a different problem. While i am able to set whatever time i want to the countdown timer. It does not work. The selection stays solid and the timer is mising... Any ideas?
    I believe that you need to turn your TouchPad so it is in portrait mode and you will see additional buttons to set the changes you are trying to make.

EDIT: Disregard my comments, I was thinking of another app.
    Last edited by noseph; 03/27/2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    This a great and simple app. Thanks for making it!

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    how did you install? Send me a PM with your install method and device if you don't mind
    did you figure out how to fix that message that you need to restart problem if you did reply pls
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    CyBoot - RC1

CyBoot - Beta 2

Thanks,
    I am having issues install this using WebOS Quick Install. I have HP Touchpad with WebOS 3.0.4 and I have a Windows 7 32 bit laptop. When I try and install it all I see it doing is install and I waited like 5 mins and it still shows as installing. What am I doing wrong? I have the novacom drivers installed as I have CM10 on my tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilback View Post
    I am having issues install this using WebOS Quick Install. I have HP Touchpad with WebOS 3.0.4 and I have a Windows 7 32 bit laptop. When I try and install it all I see it doing is install and I waited like 5 mins and it still shows as installing. What am I doing wrong? I have the novacom drivers installed as I have CM10 on my tablet.
    tried directly with preware as an alternative?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    tried directly with preware as an alternative?
    Tried to install Preware with WebOS Quick Install but it was having issues to I think. How long should it take to install?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast