Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By deCorvett
  • 1 Post By Kwas
  • 1 Post By jrstinkfish
  • 2 Post By nappy
  1.    #1  
    Let's keep aside the fact that Android has tons of phone apps available.

I've been reading here several times this:

"webOS is a POS because you need to install patches and overclock it to make it work as supposed, and I don't want to do it. I'm installing CM7".

Great. But notice that you're not installing Android. You're installing CM7, that's one Android custom ROM. The best one, if you wish.

So you're not customizing webOS, but you're customizing Android. And the result is that an optimized Android works better than a stock webOS. That's right, but the problem is that people here equals it to Android is better than webOS, and that's far from true.

Each one with it's own, but just wanted to notice it's not a fair comparison.
    Newness Developments apps:

Yes, but we have both, and that's what makes the Android install worth it.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Let's keep aside the fact that Android has tons of phone apps available.

I've been reading here several times this:

"webOS is a POS because you need to install patches and overclock it to make it work as supposed, and I don't want to do it. I'm installing CM7".

Great. But notice that you're not installing Android. You're installing CM7, that's one Android custom ROM. The best one, if you wish.

So you're not customizing webOS, but you're customizing Android. And the result is that an optimized Android works better than a stock webOS. That's right, but the problem is that people here equals it to Android is better than webOS, and that's far from true.

Each one with it's own, but just wanted to notice it's not a fair comparison.
    Appreciate the clarification as all the Android versions are confusing.
    ps Have not installed any Android and do not intend to. Getting soundhound to work over pc which was the one app I needed and getting a file transfer over wifi from the TouchPad are taking care of my remaining needs.
    You don't have to install patches or hacks or optimize anything to make stock Android work as it should. Find a Nexus phone and use it side by side with the Touchpad, and you'll see that vanilla Android is pretty damn fast and responsive.
    slbailey1 likes this.
    In the end, though, it's about what we can do with each operating system. I don't care if CM7 is a customized version of Android; I care that it's significantly faster, has much higher quality apps available, offers a better browsing experience, and allows me to actually USE my TouchPad rather than struggling with performance and futilely signing petitions to have apps ported over.