View Poll Results: WebOS or Android, Which Will You Use On Your TP?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android

37 40.66%
  • WebOS

54 59.34%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    We all know there is fervent interest in porting TPs over to Android. We already have a working and somewhat stable Alpha version of the Cyanogen Mod available for use.

Given some of the disadvantages of WebOS (lack of App developer support, Ad-Hoc network support, paltry stock and 3rd party browsers, much slower releases and updates of the OS, constant rumors of OS abandonment), once a fully flushed out version of Android is available will you be crossing over?

Will you dual boot, but primarily work under the Android OS?

Or will you stay with WebOS and if so, why?
    I'll be staying with webos. It has all I need, quality apps (even though some are lacking), interface is just my tastes, AND the community, though small, is the BEST you can find on any platform. It remembers me the Arch Linux Community, with their 'Keep It Simple Stupid' philosophy.

Oh, and I just dislike android, google and everything related. Actually that's even why I even bought the TP in the first place: I tested webos a loooong time ago and I knew the OS was IT. I never would have bought an iPad or and android tablet, so why change now ???
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Should have 2 more Options

Dual Boot - webOS Primary
    Dual Boot - Android Primary

I will be loading android on mine but only use it when I need access to something webOS doesn't provide
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    twosted, VitaminD and BobKy like this.
    I'd love to say I'll be staying with webOS but unfortunately I'll be, at the very least, dual booting both OS's.

I do love webOS but the browser is just too slow and the amount of apps is just depressing.

This, of course, is just my personal opinion.
    Also would love to say WEBOS but the lack of quality Apps means Android. Really hope for dual boot. but if forced to choose its Android.
    once I can dual boot both safely then I'll give it a go but before than it's WebOS all the way !
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    If I'd wanted an Android tablet, I'd have gotten an Android tablet. I'm sticking with WebOS.

Katie
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Should have 2 more Options

Dual Boot - webOS Primary
    Dual Boot - Android Primary

I will be loading android on mine but only use it when I need access to something webOS doesn't provide
    I expect most everyone will keep their system dual bootable, however, they primarily work in one OS and the other will be the one they boot into every now and then just to tool around.
    I'd love to say I'll be staying with webOS but unfortunately I'll be, at the very least, dual booting both OS's.

I do love webOS but the browser is just too slow and the amount of apps is just depressing.

This, of course, is just my personal opinion.
    Install Ubuntu Chroot and install firefox or chromium, you won't find better web browser on android
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    If I'd wanted an Android tablet, I'd have gotten an Android tablet. I'm sticking with WebOS.

Katie
    I hear you, Katie.
    However, I think you represent the minority in this case.

I am sure a great many people, myself included, "stumbled" into WebOS when they found a tablet with somewhat comparable specs to the iPad but for 1/5th the cost. I knew WebOS coming in was sort of the odd duck of the mobile OSs on the portable landscape, but for $99 I felt it was worth the risk considering that tablets are used mostly for casual users and have a rather simple use framework as compared to robust/complex computer OSs.
    I have used both alpha bulds of the CM7 port, the latest alpha build works great and so far I have been using Android more often than webOS. I have been using webOS since the Sprint Pre and though webOS 3.0.4 is great, it still comes down to the apps, not just apps, customization as well. For now CM7 even in its alpha form is by far reliable for me and I'll keep dual booting for now.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Install Ubuntu Chroot and install firefox or chromium, you won't find better web browser on android
    Hmmm....
    Details on how to do this, please? I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    An idiots guide to the CM7 install: http://www.youtube.com/v/fHoQM3KW1sU
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I guess we are going to get one of those threads a day as the previous one is moved to the basement ?

See you all on tomorrows' thread about the same issue.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I guess we are going to get one of those threads a day as the previous one is moved to the basement ?

When I created the thread nothing showed up in the AJAX application that searches for and displays similar thread titles/subjects.
    Had I seen this, I wouldn't have started a new thread.

Perhaps instead of the snarky reply, you should post the link to the thread you're referencing and we can pick-up the conversation there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

Sad isnt it? If only they would follow your sig.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

I'll dual boot when a stable ICS dual boot is available. I won't settle for gingerbread as in the current CM build.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Sad isnt it? If only they would follow your sig.
    How could one follow his signature - which leads to another website, btw - if he had not replied in this thread yet?

Wait, you mean to tell me my TP has a "read all signature lines" and a time machine application that can warp me into the future? Holy shyt!

How do I enable it?!
    funny thing is I have an android tablet and I find myself constantly trying to swipe away cards to close apps. It seems webOS has implanted itself in my brain lol. I really love this OS my real hope is to see it continue on and have either HP bring it back to life for real, or sell it to someone who will embrace it as it deserves.
    geeksquadkid and crutzulee like this.
    In CGK's defense:

Link to thread

In mine AND CGK's defenses:

Link 2
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast