Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VanFred
  1.    #1  
    what are the pros and cons of installing android?
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattecko16 View Post
    what are the pros and cons of installing android?
    From my perspective (I am not an OS hater by the way, I believe that functionality wins over everything else, horses for courses and all that):

Pros - More apps, choice, variety, etc ... Something different is always nice to play with ... It's free ... A new community to engage with (or antagonise )

Cons - You have less space free on your device.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Android apps and potentially better performance in web browsing and other areas where webos struggles. Cons are, yes, pretty much only a couple gigs of memory partitioned away. And, I suppose, the risks involved in an early build.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    From my perspective (I am not an OS hater by the way, I believe that functionality wins over everything else, horses for courses and all that):

Pros - More apps, choice, variety, etc ... Something different is always nice to play with ... It's free ... A new community to engage with (or antagonise )

Cons - You have less space free on your device.
    I agree. I am a longtime android user but I like webOS.

Google sync is good. My contacts, paid apps, diary follow me when I use a new device.

Lots of the apps are free and or cheaper than webOS and in most cases I think they are better.

Android is a developing platform. Android is faster than webios

However I think the works has a better interface.
    DeadVim likes this.
  6.    #6  
    I have installed android. If I reboot to webos can I reboot back to android?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattecko16 View Post
    I have installed android. If I reboot to webos can I reboot back to android?
    Yes, that was the idea in this dual boot design.

When you select reboot/restart or whatever in webos, wait for complete shutdown. When the screen comes back on there will be a choice which OS you want to boot, If you wait too long the default (android) will start booting.