Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    So there are now some 3.0.4 compatible OC kernels out, unfortunately it appears that the boot partition is now too small to hold the backup file that preware generates AND the new kernel due to the amount of space that CM7 uses, and the install fails.

Anyone got a way around this so I can have some overclocked 3.0.4 dualboot goodness?

Is there something I can clean out via a Novacom terminal that might help matters?

If only DC would port their comics app to WebOS, then I wouldn't need to reboot

EDIT - SOLUTION (workaround):

So, with the CM7 kernel, moboot loader and CWM recovery, there is not enough space in /boot for the kernel installer (on my system anyway) to shuffle the files around to do a kernel install.

I had to log into the TouchPad using Novacom, move the /boot/update-uImage file to /media/internal, then install the new kernel and and move the file back to /boot.

I've got a grand total of 16Kb available in /boot, it starts cleanly though so looks like I'm ok.

Looks like I'm going to need to do this whenever I upgrade kernels however, hopefully they don't get any more than 16Kb bigger.
    Last edited by knightnz; 10/21/2011 at 04:38 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Sorry about that.

Wow, the mods around here are on the ball!
    any chance of a detailed instructions on how to do this m8, it would b greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It took a doctor for me to get it working. I completely deleted the CM7 partitions then resized to fill the unused spaced. There is a guide somewhere on the forum. Then I doctored. I'm running F4 Phantom and CM7 Alpha 2 with Clockwork and Moboot all in "/boot/", and it all fits fine. Also I heard if you tried the Chomper android build, that also modifies something with kernels. That could be it as well.