Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi every one, Cyanogen Mod alpha 2 and 2.1 is out now

Download from here:
    http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?...-Touchpad-port

Save it into touchpads root, go to recovery and "install zip from sd card" then just select the new zip file and install.

This Assumes You Had Alpha One Installed !..thanks for the reminder DeadVim
    Last edited by DemonHighwayman; 10/19/2011 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Updated info
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    Hi every one, Cyanogen Mod alpha 2 is out now

Download here:
    http://mirror.dal.tdrevolution.net/k...fullofbugs.zip

Save it into touchpads root, go to recovery and "install zip from sd card"
    Assuming you have installed Alpha 1, obviously

This bad boy is going to be my first taste.

What with the ICS news and whatnot this has been a fairly fruitful day for anyone interested in the Android side of the TP.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I think I installed it. Is there a way to know if it installed right ?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
    Go into settings, about phone, and the new software version is listed in there somewhere.

Also I seem to have stability problems since updating, my touchpad will run android for a few minutes then reboot and it just continues doing that. So for me the new alpha is pretty useless just now.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
    Plug some headphones in and see if it mutes the speakers, if it does yer in
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Go into settings, about phone, and the new software version is listed in there somewhere.

Also I seem to have stability problems since updating, my touchpad will run android for a few minutes then reboot and it just continues doing that. So for me the new alpha is pretty useless just now.
    Now THAT is a bummer, there have been a few reports of this over at Rootzwiki.

Maybe it's there is a subtle difference between overwriting Alpha 1 and starting from scratch?

Being the coward I am I'm going to hold off until a few more reports come back.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

By the way, there is an Alpha 2.1 out that fixes a crashing bug, not sure this is your issue but ...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    By the way, there is an Alpha 2.1 out that fixes a crashing bug, not sure this is your issue but ...
    Thanks man, I'll check that out. I was wondering if its a problem with my live wallpaper, so for the moment I'm leaving on a stock CM static wallpaper. Will report back later on my findings.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    The alpha 2.1 seems to have worked for me. My wallpaper trick worked to an extent, but if I went into a app the problem happened again. So anyway the alpha 2.1 seems to have completely fixed whatever it was
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    The alpha 2.1 seems to have worked for me. My wallpaper trick worked to an extent, but if I went into a app the problem happened again. So anyway the alpha 2.1 seems to have completely fixed whatever it was
    That's good news.

I see Alpha3 is mentioned in the issues list so looks like we've got at least one more before, I assume, a Beta.
    I installed 2.1 over 1 without wiping cache or anything. Played through the cardboard box levels of "Cut the Rope" and everything seems like cake. I'm not nearly as worried about letting it sleep in android now.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    I installed 2.1 over 1 without wiping cache or anything. Played through the cardboard box levels of "Cut the Rope" and everything seems like cake. I'm not nearly as worried about letting it sleep in android now.
    Sounds good, progress indeed.
    Looks like there's now an uninstaller as well, which I'm glad to see.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    Yep, I've left mine to sleep after installing Alpha 2.1 (about 3-4 hours ago) and no sleep of death yet
    Is the data wipe problem actually fixed? The readme just says they tried to address it...
    I just installed it. Easy peezy. For the person that asked about the data wipe, I'll let you know when I test it.
    Last edited by barrysanders20; 10/19/2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Start Android or Touchpad
    Connect to USB
    create folder called "cminstall"
    Put the entire zip file there (don't extract)
    Disconnect from USB
    Reboot to moboot screen (DOS like screen where it gives you option to boot as webOS or Android)
    Choose ClockworkRecovery
    Then Choose Install Zip File option
    then click "choose zip from sdcard" option. Find the folder that you copied over and then select the zip file. DONE
    No SOD yet. I've been idling for an hour or so. It just keeps getting better.

Go into Clockwork Recovery, delete cache, reboot. Generally when upgrading/switching ROMs in Android using Clockwork, it's advised you clear your cache at the very least prior to installing/updating. Try that then reupdate CM7 and see if that helps.

/edit: Added emphasis for anyone else experiencing the same issue.
    Also, I haven't had any issues that haven't already been reported. All the solved ones seem solved, and stability is definitely getting there fast.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast