Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    sm007h great idea, but i do not have other android stuff to make the purchase, really need this app reddita to make the touchdroid complete, well that and a decent mail client, man the built in one is awful, question, what are other people using for a mail client? anything on a par with the webos one?
    PM the dev here [APP] Reddita, a new tablet exclusive reddit client! - xda-developers and he'll send you the apk.

@crutzulee, the build.prop file has a unique identifier and various settings identify your device as a tablet to the market so it downloads the appropriate version
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    Can anyone go into movies in the market and try and view a trailer and tell me if it works for them? I assume that if that works then the movies themselves will work. (Thats if you have the altered video app). This is one of the only reasons I want Android on my tablet. Offline viewing of rented movies. I have been able to get the movies to DL offline but cannot get them to play correctly. They are all garbled, or just spin and never start up.
    The movie trailers in the Google Market take you to a Youtube version of the trailer. They work.

My market did need to be patched. Some apps would allow me to see them, but not download. I couldn't download them because I would get a "Your device is not compatible" message. Once I install the patch, I could.
    I installed CM Alpha 2.1 last night.

But I am getting the black screen of death almost every time my tablet goes to sleep. It's ridiculous, making me wonder if I did something wrong. I've heard some reports about needing to reboot, but nobody for whom it happens almost every time! Is there any setting I can do to fix this?

Loving all the different customization and app install options - it's a little overwhelming at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by metr0man View Post
    I installed CM Alpha 2.1 last night.

But I am getting the black screen of death almost every time my tablet goes to sleep. It's ridiculous, making me wonder if I did something wrong. I've heard some reports about needing to reboot, but nobody for whom it happens almost every time! Is there any setting I can do to fix this?

Loving all the different customization and app install options - it's a little overwhelming at times.
    Did you try wiping cache,dalvik, and data after install? These fix most issues if a simple permission fix doesn't
    I did the first two, but I haven't wiped data... won't that also get rid of all of my webOS data? I don't want that. I did also do the min clock speed fix, but no dice.

I'm thinking of doing a full uninstall using ACMEUninstaller, and maybe trying again. Otherwise it's back to WebOS for now until there's a confirmed fix.
    Last edited by metr0man; 10/20/2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metr0man View Post
    I did the first two, but I haven't wiped data... won't that also get rid of all of my webOS data? I don't want that. I did also do the min clock speed fix, but no dice.

I'm thinking of doing a full uninstall using ACMEUninstaller, and maybe trying again. Otherwise it's back to WebOS for now until there's a confirmed fix.
    It'll just remove the Android user data, it won't touch anything on the storage partition (the one shared with WebOS).

Did anyone else lose data from the internal storage when they installed CM7? I had a couple of GB of music and half a dozen books on there, and they all vanished as a result of the partition shuffling. I should've backed up as the books were the only copies I had, can can track them down again so no biggy.

Alpha 2.1 seems to lock up less than alpha 1 did, but it still does it. Still, it is an alpha version for a reason. It works pretty well considering.
  7. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    can someone explain how to install this a bit better???? I installed alpha 1 and would like to update...
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    can someone explain how to install this a bit better???? I installed alpha 1 and would like to update...
    This: [RELEASE][ALPHA2][Discussion] CyanogenMod team Touchpad port - Page 470

First, you'll just need to download the ZIP file to your computer for 2.1, go into USB mode on Android after hooking it up to your computer, and copy the file from your computer right into the folder on your Touchpad that you open up to. Then follow the linked directions.
    Yeah, I lost a few folders on my usb partition as well... Don't know why, but I backup pretty frequently so it's not a big deal. Not sure if it's an issue with the ALPHA 2 but heads up just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
    It'll just remove the Android user data, it won't touch anything on the storage partition (the one shared with WebOS).

Did anyone else lose data from the internal storage when they installed CM7? I had a couple of GB of music and half a dozen books on there, and they all vanished as a result of the partition shuffling. I should've backed up as the books were the only copies I had, can can track them down again so no biggy.

Alpha 2.1 seems to lock up less than alpha 1 did, but it still does it. Still, it is an alpha version for a reason. It works pretty well considering.

Here's a video from a Precentral member. Just substitute Alpha 1 for Alpha 2
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Anyone have the stuck on cyanogen7screen bug? It was working fine up until i shut my tp completely off. When i started it back up it would stay at the cyanogenmod7 screen.When i reset it i cant even choose webos, it stays on the cyanogenmod7 option.It only counts down and stay at the cyanogen mod7 screen where the arrow loops around and around.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    Anyone have the stuck on cyanogen7screen bug? It was working fine up until i shut my tp completely off. When i started it back up it would stay at the cyanogenmod7 screen.When i reset it i cant even choose webos, it stays on the cyanogenmod7 option.It only counts down and stay at the cyanogen mod7 screen where the arrow loops around and around.
    I'm scared to shutdown now ! There is a list of known bugs somewhere, maybe it's on the list. Does anyone have a link to the official list ?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    I'm scared to shutdown now ! There is a list of known bugs somewhere, maybe it's on the list. Does anyone have a link to the official list ?
    Im able to choose webos again. With that said I'm still not able to get past the CM screen though. I think i'm done playing with this until a stable build is up and running.
    Its working great here, well, as "great" as android does. Definitely better than A1. And the installer didn't hose my webOS installation completely as A1 did I do still have a problem where sometimes if I power down the display by tapping the power button, the whole thing goes out to lunch though and won't come back.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    So far I've haven't encountered any major bugs except for the "WiFi Strobing Issue" that was easily fixed with the terminal command explained on the CM page. I've had a couple Android Apps crash as well, like the Flickr app, but it seems to run very smooth and it's been fun to mess around with.
    Hold Power (At top of TP) and Home Button (On bottom face of TP) for a couple seconds.

1. Choose reboot.
    2. Select Recovery and click ok.
    [some people like to do steps 3-7 but some people think it's overkill and skip right to 8]
    3. Choose Wipe Cache Partion.
    4. Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    5. Choose Advanced.
    6. Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    7. Go Back.
    8. Choose install zip from sdcard
    9. Choose 'choose zip from sdcard'
    10. Navigate to your Alpha 2.1 Zip File.
    11. Click Yes - Install update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a2.1-fullofbugs.zip.
    12. After installed, Go Back.
    13. Choose Wipe Cache Partion.
    14. Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset. [optional, but will ensure the cleanest install]
    15. Choose Advanced.
    16. Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    17. Go Back.
    18. Choose Reboot.

wiping data/factory reset will delete all of your apps and settings. This reduces the chance of getting force closures or any incompatibilities but takes the longest in setting your TP back up. you can also backup all of your data in TitaniumBackup and restore it after the update, but this early in development it's probably a good idea to only install the apps (and not the data) if you try to use TitaniumBackup.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sm007h View Post
    Hold Power (At top of TP) and Home Button (On bottom face of TP) for a couple seconds.

1. Choose reboot.
    2. Select Recovery and click ok.
    [some people like to do steps 3-7 but some people think it's overkill and skip right to 8]
    3. Choose Wipe Cache Partion.
    4. Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    5. Choose Advanced.
    6. Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    7. Go Back.
    8. Choose install zip from sdcard
    9. Choose 'choose zip from sdcard'
    10. Navigate to your Alpha 2.1 Zip File.
    11. Click Yes - Install update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a2.1-fullofbugs.zip.
    12. After installed, Go Back.
    13. Choose Wipe Cache Partion.
    14. Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset. [optional, but will ensure the cleanest install]
    15. Choose Advanced.
    16. Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    17. Go Back.
    18. Choose Reboot.

wiping data/factory reset will delete all of your apps and settings. This reduces the chance of getting force closures or any incompatibilities but takes the longest in setting your TP back up. you can also backup all of your data in TitaniumBackup and restore it after the update, but this early in development it's probably a good idea to only install the apps (and not the data) if you try to use TitaniumBackup.
    I don't bother wiping, I only do that if I do have problems.

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    I have 7.1.0 rc 1 on my touchpad. Is alpha 2 rc 2?
    it's not an RC (release candidate). an alpha is an unstable testing stage. then it goes to a beta stage and then an RC stage (which is like what the stable release will be if no bugs are found)

hmm but if I understand your question correctly I believe 7.1.0 rc 1 is what they are calling alpha 2.1 for some reason.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I've got cm7 release 2 on one TouchPad and this one with just webos. I really like webos better although there are still many more apps for android.

it is little things like the keyboard with a numeric pad and swiping to do things. App loading seems quicker on webos, but I'm only just getting started with android and, it is still alpha.

alan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast